DOTT Pet Tracker and Tagg are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this DOTT Pet Tracker vs. Tagg review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small and lightweight; water-resistant and shatterproof
- Virtual leash informs you when your pet wanders off too far
- Keep a record of your pet’s activities (walks, food, and more)
- Price: $40.00
- Shipping: $
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
- Location tracking within the range of 350 feet;
- Community location tracking with notifications sent to the owner’s phone when the pet is found by another DOTT app user;
- Virtual Leash that allows the user to set up a mobile safe zone for his or her pet.
- Health journal, which allows you to keep track of your pet’s walks, potty breaks, food intake, and medication;
- Sharing responsibilities with multiple caretakers with regular status updates related to pet care.
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jack Green on 03/20/2019This device will only give you in and out of range alerts. It doesn’t give you the exact location of your pet, just notifies you when your pet is within range.
- Submitted By Gary Adams on 01/20/2019Good concept but still in the early stage. I bought this because I saw it had many positive reviews and it was a reasonable price. However, I don’t know how useful it is when you need to locate a lost pet.
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
Tagg is a GPS pet tracker that functions as a location tracker and activity monitor. In addition to being waterproof, lightweight, and accurate, it works over any distance within the US. If you are seeking a user-friendly pet tracking solution that doubles as an activity monitor, read our Tagg review to discover whether this pet tracker is the right fit for your needs.