Felcana and Garmin Astro 320 may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Felcana vs. Garmin Astro 320 comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Lightweight, waterproof, biteproof wearable for cats and dogs
- Provides information on activity levels, duration, and frequency
- Gathers data on your pet’s eating, drinking, and sleeping habits
- Price: $92.00
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 12 feet, location updated every 5 seconds
- Communication range of up to 9 miles in open, flat spaces
- Incredible range of advanced and special tracking features
- Price: $449.99
- Shipping: $$5 to $28 *
- 24/7 activity monitoring;
- Detailed, clinical-grade activity records;
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habit tracking;
- Early detection of health problems through observed changes in activity and behavior;
- Separation anxiety detection through behavior pattern tracking;
- Activity and behavior notifications.
- Ambient temperature monitoring.
- Near-real-time tracking with location updates every 5 seconds, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Customizable dog display, showing the dog’s name, direction, distance, and status along with a map;
- Advanced mapping, with multiple map options, including BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, TOPO maps, City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads, and custom maps;
- Trip planning with BaseCamp, which lets you easily organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and create adventures that can be shared with friends;
- Different tracking profiles, such as hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, and fitness;
- Tracking via computer, using BaseStation software;
- 3-axis electronic compass;
- Multiple dashboards available on any page for added functionality.
- Wireless sharing with compatible devices;
- Rescue mode, which reduces the location update rate when the battery level drops below 25% in order to extend battery life by 4-8 hours;
- Convey counter, which allows you to create special waypoints with information on the location, time of day, and elevation where the dog found the prey, alongside other waypoints including locations like truck, lodge, food plots, and tree stands;
- Calendar for keeping track of your adventures;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Adam Thompson on 02/01/2019Well, it’s not cheap and I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on an activity monitor. But my pup was pretty naughty and still getting used to staying home alone, so I decided to give it a try and return it if it didn’t work. I’m glad I did because it really helped. Turns out separation anxiety is a real thing and Jerry wasn’t chewing on my shoes just because he was bored. We asked the vet about it, she gave us some great advice and I’ve noticed that Jerry has since started sleeping more and chewing less when we’re not at home. It is nice to know what he’s doing when he’s alone and it feels good to be able to take better care of the little fella’s health. I would’ve given it 5 stars, but still, a bit pricey for my taste.
- Submitted By Melinda Jones on 11/18/2018Honestly impressed. I saw it on Kickstarter before and I really liked it but I kept my expectations low. Usually, Kickstarter projects sound better than they really are but Felcana is the coolest activity tracker I’ve used. It answers all my questions and really makes me feel like I’m taking care of my kitty even when I’m not around. Not to mention some sweet revelations, like that Laura always goes to the kitty door minutes before I usually get home from work, to check if I’m coming. Makes me love her even more!
- Submitted By Vincent Hunt on 11/15/2018My two dogs simply love roaming around my 50-acre farm as well as the surrounding area and Astro 320 tracks them over the whole property without a hitch. Now, I can simply press the button on the device attached to the collar and let them run to their heart’s content.
- Submitted By Madison Spencer on 10/17/2018I’m a passionate hunter and just had to buy this tracker once I saw my friend using the 220. It’s really easy to track my dogs now even when we’re in a wooded area. However it doesn’t work for me when I plug it into my car and it charges very slowly when not connected to the power socket in my house.
- Submitted By Tim Owens on 06/22/2018Much, much better than Astro 220, the maps are awesome, it may be expensive but any hunter can tell you that it's more than worth the cash.
- Submitted By Rob Walker on 04/12/2018Impossible to list all the reasons why Astro 320 is the best dog tracker I've ever used, you simply have to try it yourself. I first tried my pal's Astro and I was just blown away, ordered it the same day, been using it for more than half a year, not a single glitch and I'm loving it more every time I use it.
Garmin Astro 320 is one of the most impressive GPS dog tracking systems currently on the market. Everything from its high accuracy and location update frequency to its amazing set of special features promises to take dog tracking to a whole new level. Read our Garmin Astro 320 review and discover whether this advanced tracker is worth splurging on.