This detailed Fi vs. Garmin Astro 320 comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust Fi or Garmin Astro 320 with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- GPS tracking through the LTE-M network + 3-month battery life
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity/Lost Dog Mode with red LED
- Works in all US states and comes in 4 different sizes
- Price: $149.00
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 12 feet, location updated every 5 seconds
- Communication range of up to 9 miles in open, flat spaces
- Incredible range of advanced and special tracking features
- Price: $449.99
- Shipping: $$5 to $28 *
- 24/7 GPS tracking on the new LTE-M network, which allows you to keep track of your dog’s movements even when taken out by dog walkers or caretakers;
- Geo-fencing, which enables you to create safe zones and receive instant notifications the moment your pet exits the defined perimeter. You can make as many safe zones as you want, which makes traveling with your pet much less stressful;
- Lost Dog Mode, which switches the unit to live location tracking and activates the red pulsing LED light on the collar, alerting individuals that might see your pet and helping you locate him or her in low-visibility conditions.
- Near-real-time tracking with location updates every 5 seconds, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Customizable dog display, showing the dog’s name, direction, distance, and status along with a map;
- Advanced mapping, with multiple map options, including BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, TOPO maps, City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads, and custom maps;
- Trip planning with BaseCamp, which lets you easily organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and create adventures that can be shared with friends;
- Different tracking profiles, such as hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, and fitness;
- Tracking via computer, using BaseStation software;
- 3-axis electronic compass;
- Multiple dashboards available on any page for added functionality.
- Wireless sharing with compatible devices;
- Rescue mode, which reduces the location update rate when the battery level drops below 25% in order to extend battery life by 4-8 hours;
- Convey counter, which allows you to create special waypoints with information on the location, time of day, and elevation where the dog found the prey, alongside other waypoints including locations like truck, lodge, food plots, and tree stands;
- Calendar for keeping track of your adventures;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Geoffrey Stanley on 12/10/2019The thing I like most about this app is that it has its own app where you can track your dog’s movement easily and without confusion. I’m not good with tech so it’s really important that know what I’m doing and fi tracker app made it easy. Another thing I like is that is not state limited so I can use it even when I take my dog traveling. We went hiking when we were at my boyfriend’s parents in Colorado and the app worked all the way even when we were high up and without a strong signal. I feel safe knowing my Penny is well taken care of.
- Submitted By Jose Ball on 11/29/2019I very satisfied with the tracker except for the collar which didn’t last that long. I have two dogs one of them being very active. He likes to chew everything most of all his brother’s collar. Every time we go out both of my dog get very excited and while Ben knows how to sit down and wait for the leash, Roger gets unbearable while he jumps up and down and keeps biting his brother’s collar. Long story short the collar is all chewed up and has to be replaced. I was hoping it could withstand more.
- Submitted By Delbert Gomez on 11/20/2019This Fi tracker is the best thing that has happened to me! My buddy and I take long walks around to the lake almost every day. He loves jumping into the water even when it’s cold outside and this tracker seems to be handling it very well. For me the battery lasted more than a month and a half and gps work even in the remote areas where coverage is not that good. The app is easy to read and it has the lost dog mode which is immediately activated in case anything bad happens. I feel much better ever since my dog started wearing it.
- Submitted By Tommie Mccoy on 11/02/2019I always wondered what would I do if Charlie, that’s my dog, would to run away when we were traveling. I would love to take him anywhere with me but I don’t know how he’ll react to new environments so I leave him with my mom and dad mostly. And it was tearing my heart. I did a little research and found that Fi Tracker enables whole country coverage in case you and your pet leave the state. I’ve recently bought it I was amazed by how long the battery lasts, I didn’t need to charge it yet and it has been almost a month. Finally, I was able to take Charlie on a road trip, we went to see my parents is Vioming for a test drive. I was tracking our movement on the app the whole time we were there. Couldn’t be happier!
- Submitted By Vincent Hunt on 11/15/2018My two dogs simply love roaming around my 50-acre farm as well as the surrounding area and Astro 320 tracks them over the whole property without a hitch. Now, I can simply press the button on the device attached to the collar and let them run to their heart’s content.
- Submitted By Madison Spencer on 10/17/2018I’m a passionate hunter and just had to buy this tracker once I saw my friend using the 220. It’s really easy to track my dogs now even when we’re in a wooded area. However it doesn’t work for me when I plug it into my car and it charges very slowly when not connected to the power socket in my house.
- Submitted By Tim Owens on 06/22/2018Much, much better than Astro 220, the maps are awesome, it may be expensive but any hunter can tell you that it's more than worth the cash.
- Submitted By Rob Walker on 04/12/2018Impossible to list all the reasons why Astro 320 is the best dog tracker I've ever used, you simply have to try it yourself. I first tried my pal's Astro and I was just blown away, ordered it the same day, been using it for more than half a year, not a single glitch and I'm loving it more every time I use it.
Fi tracker is a modern pet tracker primarily designed to locate lost dogs and monitor their location and activity levels on a daily basis. The collar comes packed with numerous impressive features and has a battery that can last up to 3 months. Read this honest and comprehensive Fi tracker review to learn more and see if the unit works for you.