While both Kippy Vita S and Garmin Astro 320 can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Kippy Vita S vs. Garmin Astro 320 comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 12 feet, location updated every 5 seconds
- Communication range of up to 9 miles in open, flat spaces
- Incredible range of advanced and special tracking features
- Price: $449.99
- Shipping: $$5 to $28 *
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
- Near-real-time tracking with location updates every 5 seconds, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Customizable dog display, showing the dog’s name, direction, distance, and status along with a map;
- Advanced mapping, with multiple map options, including BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, TOPO maps, City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads, and custom maps;
- Trip planning with BaseCamp, which lets you easily organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and create adventures that can be shared with friends;
- Different tracking profiles, such as hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, and fitness;
- Tracking via computer, using BaseStation software;
- 3-axis electronic compass;
- Multiple dashboards available on any page for added functionality.
- Wireless sharing with compatible devices;
- Rescue mode, which reduces the location update rate when the battery level drops below 25% in order to extend battery life by 4-8 hours;
- Convey counter, which allows you to create special waypoints with information on the location, time of day, and elevation where the dog found the prey, alongside other waypoints including locations like truck, lodge, food plots, and tree stands;
- Calendar for keeping track of your adventures;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By Vincent Hunt on 11/15/2018My two dogs simply love roaming around my 50-acre farm as well as the surrounding area and Astro 320 tracks them over the whole property without a hitch. Now, I can simply press the button on the device attached to the collar and let them run to their heart’s content.
- Submitted By Madison Spencer on 10/17/2018I’m a passionate hunter and just had to buy this tracker once I saw my friend using the 220. It’s really easy to track my dogs now even when we’re in a wooded area. However it doesn’t work for me when I plug it into my car and it charges very slowly when not connected to the power socket in my house.
- Submitted By Tim Owens on 06/22/2018Much, much better than Astro 220, the maps are awesome, it may be expensive but any hunter can tell you that it's more than worth the cash.
- Submitted By Rob Walker on 04/12/2018Impossible to list all the reasons why Astro 320 is the best dog tracker I've ever used, you simply have to try it yourself. I first tried my pal's Astro and I was just blown away, ordered it the same day, been using it for more than half a year, not a single glitch and I'm loving it more every time I use it.
Garmin Astro 320 is one of the most impressive GPS dog tracking systems currently on the market. Everything from its high accuracy and location update frequency to its amazing set of special features promises to take dog tracking to a whole new level. Read our Garmin Astro 320 review and discover whether this advanced tracker is worth splurging on.