PetPace and Garmin Astro 320 are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this PetPace vs. Garmin Astro 320 review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Tracks heart rate, temperature, respiration, and calories
- Adjustable comfortable strap that fits all pets over 8 lb
- IP-x7 water resistance; LED indicators; long battery life
- Price: $159.95
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 12 feet, location updated every 5 seconds
- Communication range of up to 9 miles in open, flat spaces
- Incredible range of advanced and special tracking features
- Price: $449.99
- Shipping: $$5 to $28 *
- Near-real-time tracking with location updates every 5 seconds, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Customizable dog display, showing the dog’s name, direction, distance, and status along with a map;
- Advanced mapping, with multiple map options, including BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, TOPO maps, City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads, and custom maps;
- Trip planning with BaseCamp, which lets you easily organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and create adventures that can be shared with friends;
- Different tracking profiles, such as hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, and fitness;
- Tracking via computer, using BaseStation software;
- 3-axis electronic compass;
- Multiple dashboards available on any page for added functionality.
- Wireless sharing with compatible devices;
- Rescue mode, which reduces the location update rate when the battery level drops below 25% in order to extend battery life by 4-8 hours;
- Convey counter, which allows you to create special waypoints with information on the location, time of day, and elevation where the dog found the prey, alongside other waypoints including locations like truck, lodge, food plots, and tree stands;
- Calendar for keeping track of your adventures;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Clinton Bryant on 10/20/2019This collar is so easy to use and set up on your phone. I’m not a tech wizard or anything but it was easy even for me. I think lots of pet owners have trouble with setting up devices and keeping track of the data. I like that I don’t have to read the data myself but I get notified if anything goes wrong. I know it’s not nice to say but it is better to have someone who is qualified to inform of any potential issues instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.
- Submitted By Lynn Massey on 08/04/2019The only thing I would change on this product is the fact that I don’t have insight into all the data collected from my pet. Instead, I only get alerts in case something goes wrong or is out of the ordinary. Other than that I’m really satisfied to have a device that monitors my dog’s vital functions considering he ‘s really old and has too many health issues. The tracker is connected to the app which is free and it is supported by android and ios. My husband has samsung, I’m on the iphone and you can keep a record of everything from your dog’s walks to his visits to the wet.
- Submitted By Alyssa Richards on 04/20/2019PetPace is absolutely amazing! It gives me a sense of comfort to know that if anything happens to my dog I’ll be aware of it. I have a husky who is almost 16 years old and health hazard increased in the last couple of years dramatically. She had problems with her hips and liver and now she really has trouble with everything. I feel safe knowing that if I’ll get notified in case of any unusual activity so I could react in time.
- Submitted By Lois Maldonado on 01/20/2019I didn’t do my research very well so I taught that next to tracking my dog’s health status I could also track his movements. However, that’s not the case. This device serves to keep your pet’s health in check but offers nothing in regards to monitoring its movements. I have an old dog and this tracker did make sense since I want to know if anything goes wrong but I’d still wanted to know where his at at all times.
- Submitted By Vincent Hunt on 11/15/2018My two dogs simply love roaming around my 50-acre farm as well as the surrounding area and Astro 320 tracks them over the whole property without a hitch. Now, I can simply press the button on the device attached to the collar and let them run to their heart’s content.
- Submitted By Madison Spencer on 10/17/2018I’m a passionate hunter and just had to buy this tracker once I saw my friend using the 220. It’s really easy to track my dogs now even when we’re in a wooded area. However it doesn’t work for me when I plug it into my car and it charges very slowly when not connected to the power socket in my house.
- Submitted By Tim Owens on 06/22/2018Much, much better than Astro 220, the maps are awesome, it may be expensive but any hunter can tell you that it's more than worth the cash.
- Submitted By Rob Walker on 04/12/2018Impossible to list all the reasons why Astro 320 is the best dog tracker I've ever used, you simply have to try it yourself. I first tried my pal's Astro and I was just blown away, ordered it the same day, been using it for more than half a year, not a single glitch and I'm loving it more every time I use it.
Garmin Astro 320 is one of the most impressive GPS dog tracking systems currently on the market. Everything from its high accuracy and location update frequency to its amazing set of special features promises to take dog tracking to a whole new level. Read our Garmin Astro 320 review and discover whether this advanced tracker is worth splurging on.