This detailed Felcana vs. Garmin Astro 430 comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust Felcana or Garmin Astro 430 with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- Lightweight, waterproof, biteproof wearable for cats and dogs
- Provides information on activity levels, duration, and frequency
- Gathers data on your pet’s eating, drinking, and sleeping habits
- Price: $92.00
- Shipping: $
- High precision with GPS/GLONASS, mean accuracy of 12 feet
- 2.5-second location update rate; 9-mile communication range
- Amazing durability; no monthly fees; 1-year limited warranty
- Price: $649.99
- Shipping: $
- 24/7 activity monitoring;
- Detailed, clinical-grade activity records;
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habit tracking;
- Early detection of health problems through observed changes in activity and behavior;
- Separation anxiety detection through behavior pattern tracking;
- Activity and behavior notifications.
- Ambient temperature monitoring.
- Near-real-time tracking with a 2.5-second location refresh rate, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Additional maps, such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, HuntView, TOPO U.S. 24K, and City Navigator NT for turn-by-turn routing;
- BaseCamp software for trip planning;
- BaseStation software for computer tracking;
- Multiple tracking profiles, such as hunting, automotive, marine, and recreational;
- Multiple dashboards within a single page;
- Customizable dog display providing dog name, direction, distance, and status data.
- Hunt metrics providing insight into dogs’ hunting patterns and behavior;
- Convey counter for creating up to 2,000 waypoints;
- Rescue mode for battery saving;
- Wireless sharing;
- Area calculation;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Adam Thompson on 02/01/2019Well, it’s not cheap and I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on an activity monitor. But my pup was pretty naughty and still getting used to staying home alone, so I decided to give it a try and return it if it didn’t work. I’m glad I did because it really helped. Turns out separation anxiety is a real thing and Jerry wasn’t chewing on my shoes just because he was bored. We asked the vet about it, she gave us some great advice and I’ve noticed that Jerry has since started sleeping more and chewing less when we’re not at home. It is nice to know what he’s doing when he’s alone and it feels good to be able to take better care of the little fella’s health. I would’ve given it 5 stars, but still, a bit pricey for my taste.
- Submitted By Melinda Jones on 11/18/2018Honestly impressed. I saw it on Kickstarter before and I really liked it but I kept my expectations low. Usually, Kickstarter projects sound better than they really are but Felcana is the coolest activity tracker I’ve used. It answers all my questions and really makes me feel like I’m taking care of my kitty even when I’m not around. Not to mention some sweet revelations, like that Laura always goes to the kitty door minutes before I usually get home from work, to check if I’m coming. Makes me love her even more!
- Submitted By Leah Thomas on 11/27/2019Before I bought the Garmin 320 I read somewhere in the reviews that there is a rescue mode option that allows you to save the battery by switching to it and that feature enables you to save the battery life when it’s on its end and track you dog for a few hours more. It also has a highly advanced map tracking options that allows you to update maps depending on taking the road or going through water and stuff like that. It’s a really professional device because it offers so much more than a regular map which you get with a regular pet tracker and you can also store detailed information about each time you catch something like place, time and that sort of stuff.
- Submitted By Clayton Logan on 08/08/2019Apart from being expensive I can’t seem to find anything wrong with this tracker. My wife bought it for me as a birthday present, I think she likes to see me out of the house honestly, and it really did the trick. The only thing I think needs improving is the battery which could be a bit more long lasting but you can recharge it over night. The range is impressive, almost 10 miles with gps being wildly accurate at all times. There is no glitches or bugs, the tracker is fast and precise and what I like the most is that you can adjust the display to show you important information without having to stop and look for it yourself.
- Submitted By Austin Fowler on 05/02/2019This is a durable device built to withstand everything you can possibly thing off. My dog and I had some crazy adventures and let me tell you I didn’t think it would last. I’m sorry to see the company disconnected the line but I truly hope the new version is as good as this one. I can not tell you how many times the bright orange collar helped me spot Max and stopped me from making noise and ruining a perfectly good shot. I really do thing that is worth every penny and you can see that is is built to last. The performances are excellent including the gps which is crazy spot on.
- Submitted By Lyle Pearson on 03/07/2019I’m a passionate hunter so a friend recommended Garmin. It was a bit pricey but I did my research and read tons of reviews and finally decided to invest. The company has such a good reputation which has proven to be a deciding factor. It everything proofed, long range and I can transfer all the data via usb. The battery, however, needs some improvement considering it is a regular aa battery and the life span is not too long. The same goes for the rechargeable battery which only lasts for 40 hours max and my hunting trips sometimes last for 3, or 4 days straight in complete isolation. I suggest improving that otherwise everything else is great!
Garmin Astro 430 is a professional dog tracking system that provides fresh location updates every 2.5 seconds, boasts great accuracy and durability, and has more useful features than you can count. If you do not want to settle for just any pet tracking device, read this Garmin Astro 430 review to learn all about this highly advanced tracker.