Garmin Astro 430 and Nuzzle may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Garmin Astro 430 vs. Nuzzle comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- High precision with GPS/GLONASS, mean accuracy of 12 feet
- 2.5-second location update rate; 9-mile communication range
- Amazing durability; no monthly fees; 1-year limited warranty
- Price: $649.99
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- Near-real-time tracking with a 2.5-second location refresh rate, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Additional maps, such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, HuntView, TOPO U.S. 24K, and City Navigator NT for turn-by-turn routing;
- BaseCamp software for trip planning;
- BaseStation software for computer tracking;
- Multiple tracking profiles, such as hunting, automotive, marine, and recreational;
- Multiple dashboards within a single page;
- Customizable dog display providing dog name, direction, distance, and status data.
- Hunt metrics providing insight into dogs’ hunting patterns and behavior;
- Convey counter for creating up to 2,000 waypoints;
- Rescue mode for battery saving;
- Wireless sharing;
- Area calculation;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Thomas on 11/27/2019Before I bought the Garmin 320 I read somewhere in the reviews that there is a rescue mode option that allows you to save the battery by switching to it and that feature enables you to save the battery life when it’s on its end and track you dog for a few hours more. It also has a highly advanced map tracking options that allows you to update maps depending on taking the road or going through water and stuff like that. It’s a really professional device because it offers so much more than a regular map which you get with a regular pet tracker and you can also store detailed information about each time you catch something like place, time and that sort of stuff.
- Submitted By Clayton Logan on 08/08/2019Apart from being expensive I can’t seem to find anything wrong with this tracker. My wife bought it for me as a birthday present, I think she likes to see me out of the house honestly, and it really did the trick. The only thing I think needs improving is the battery which could be a bit more long lasting but you can recharge it over night. The range is impressive, almost 10 miles with gps being wildly accurate at all times. There is no glitches or bugs, the tracker is fast and precise and what I like the most is that you can adjust the display to show you important information without having to stop and look for it yourself.
- Submitted By Austin Fowler on 05/02/2019This is a durable device built to withstand everything you can possibly thing off. My dog and I had some crazy adventures and let me tell you I didn’t think it would last. I’m sorry to see the company disconnected the line but I truly hope the new version is as good as this one. I can not tell you how many times the bright orange collar helped me spot Max and stopped me from making noise and ruining a perfectly good shot. I really do thing that is worth every penny and you can see that is is built to last. The performances are excellent including the gps which is crazy spot on.
- Submitted By Lyle Pearson on 03/07/2019I’m a passionate hunter so a friend recommended Garmin. It was a bit pricey but I did my research and read tons of reviews and finally decided to invest. The company has such a good reputation which has proven to be a deciding factor. It everything proofed, long range and I can transfer all the data via usb. The battery, however, needs some improvement considering it is a regular aa battery and the life span is not too long. The same goes for the rechargeable battery which only lasts for 40 hours max and my hunting trips sometimes last for 3, or 4 days straight in complete isolation. I suggest improving that otherwise everything else is great!
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
Garmin Astro 430 is a professional dog tracking system that provides fresh location updates every 2.5 seconds, boasts great accuracy and durability, and has more useful features than you can count. If you do not want to settle for just any pet tracking device, read this Garmin Astro 430 review to learn all about this highly advanced tracker.