While both Garmin Astro 430 and Paw Tracker can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Garmin Astro 430 vs. Paw Tracker comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- High precision with GPS/GLONASS, mean accuracy of 12 feet
- 2.5-second location update rate; 9-mile communication range
- Amazing durability; no monthly fees; 1-year limited warranty
- Price: $649.99
- Shipping: $
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Near-real-time tracking with a 2.5-second location refresh rate, accuracy within 12 feet, and 10,000 points of information per dog;
- Additional maps, such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, HuntView, TOPO U.S. 24K, and City Navigator NT for turn-by-turn routing;
- BaseCamp software for trip planning;
- BaseStation software for computer tracking;
- Multiple tracking profiles, such as hunting, automotive, marine, and recreational;
- Multiple dashboards within a single page;
- Customizable dog display providing dog name, direction, distance, and status data.
- Hunt metrics providing insight into dogs’ hunting patterns and behavior;
- Convey counter for creating up to 2,000 waypoints;
- Rescue mode for battery saving;
- Wireless sharing;
- Area calculation;
- Hunt and fish calendar;
- Sun and moon information.
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Thomas on 11/27/2019Before I bought the Garmin 320 I read somewhere in the reviews that there is a rescue mode option that allows you to save the battery by switching to it and that feature enables you to save the battery life when it’s on its end and track you dog for a few hours more. It also has a highly advanced map tracking options that allows you to update maps depending on taking the road or going through water and stuff like that. It’s a really professional device because it offers so much more than a regular map which you get with a regular pet tracker and you can also store detailed information about each time you catch something like place, time and that sort of stuff.
- Submitted By Clayton Logan on 08/08/2019Apart from being expensive I can’t seem to find anything wrong with this tracker. My wife bought it for me as a birthday present, I think she likes to see me out of the house honestly, and it really did the trick. The only thing I think needs improving is the battery which could be a bit more long lasting but you can recharge it over night. The range is impressive, almost 10 miles with gps being wildly accurate at all times. There is no glitches or bugs, the tracker is fast and precise and what I like the most is that you can adjust the display to show you important information without having to stop and look for it yourself.
- Submitted By Austin Fowler on 05/02/2019This is a durable device built to withstand everything you can possibly thing off. My dog and I had some crazy adventures and let me tell you I didn’t think it would last. I’m sorry to see the company disconnected the line but I truly hope the new version is as good as this one. I can not tell you how many times the bright orange collar helped me spot Max and stopped me from making noise and ruining a perfectly good shot. I really do thing that is worth every penny and you can see that is is built to last. The performances are excellent including the gps which is crazy spot on.
- Submitted By Lyle Pearson on 03/07/2019I’m a passionate hunter so a friend recommended Garmin. It was a bit pricey but I did my research and read tons of reviews and finally decided to invest. The company has such a good reputation which has proven to be a deciding factor. It everything proofed, long range and I can transfer all the data via usb. The battery, however, needs some improvement considering it is a regular aa battery and the life span is not too long. The same goes for the rechargeable battery which only lasts for 40 hours max and my hunting trips sometimes last for 3, or 4 days straight in complete isolation. I suggest improving that otherwise everything else is great!
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
Garmin Astro 430 is a professional dog tracking system that provides fresh location updates every 2.5 seconds, boasts great accuracy and durability, and has more useful features than you can count. If you do not want to settle for just any pet tracking device, read this Garmin Astro 430 review to learn all about this highly advanced tracker.