Felcana VS Kippy Vita S
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between Kippy Vita S and Felcana, our comprehensive Kippy Vita S vs. Felcana comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Innovative GPS pet tracker & activity monitor
The First Clinical-Grade Pet Activity Monitor
Kippy Vita S is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for your dog or cat. Relying on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies, it lets you track your pet’s position at all times.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
Felcana is the only clinical-grade pet activity monitor in existence. It provides detailed and accurate activity data, allows for early detection of health issues, and monitors pet behavior.
- Lightweight, waterproof, biteproof wearable for cats and dogs
- Provides information on activity levels, duration, and frequency
- Gathers data on your pet’s eating, drinking, and sleeping habits
- Price: $92.00
- Shipping: $
Kippy Vita is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for cats and dogs that relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies in order to pinpoint your pet's exact location when lost or stolen and monitor his or her activity levels, keeping track of their running, walking, and sleeping habits, with all of the information relayed through the dedicated app.
GPS Pet Tracker And Activity Monitor
Kippy Vita is square and sleek in design. It is made of steel and extra-grip Velcro. It measures 6 x 3,5 x 2 cm (2,4'' x 1,4'' x 0,8'') and weighs 50gr (1,76oz). The tracker is best-suited for pets that weigh over 4kg (8,8lb) and it could prove too bulky for smaller pets. The device comes in three different colors, including dark beige, lime green, and baby pink. It easily attaches to the pet's already existing collar and harness by using the provided Velcro band strip.
Kippy Vita pet tracker and activity monitor comes in one size. It is best suited for pets over 4kg (8,8lb).
Suitable For Cats
Kippy Vita is made of steel and has an anti-shock ABS body that makes it resistant to impact, promising high durability. However, the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. The device is water resistant, but it is recommended not to soak it in water for a long period of time.
Key Tracking Features
Kippy Vita offers several tracking features, including:
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Kippy Vita allows pet owners to monitor various activity levels for their pets. The activities include sleeping, walking, running, playing, relaxing, and even calorie burning. The device collects activity data every 60 minutes and sends the information directly to the Kippy Vita app. Setting goals for pets to achieve is also possible. Thanks to the Vita feature, pet owners can stay up to date with their pets' activity status and receive messages according to the activities detected by the tracker.
Kippy Vita does not provide training assistance.
Kippy Vita does not provide any additional features.
Kippy Vita's communication range is anywhere from 300m to 2km (985ft to 1.2mi).
Kippy Vita comes with its own dedicated app. It is compatible with both Android (4.4+) and iOS (8.0+) smartphones. A web app is also available for laptop and PC users. The app allows for live tracking through an interactive map, geo-fencing notifications, and daily activity updates. It also provides location history and battery status. In addition, it stores messages received from your pet through the Vita Messaging system.
Kippy Vita relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies to track your pet's movements. When the GPS signal is weakened, the device will turn to LBS, which will communicate directly with the cellular towers in your area in order to locate your pet.
Kippy Vita works in most of Europe, Turkey, India, and South Africa.
Kippy Vita costs €49.99 ($56). The subscriptions cost: - BASIC (monthly) - €7.99 ($8,97) p/month; - PREMIUM (annual) - €59.99 ($67,4) / €4.99 ($5,5) p/month; - ULTIMATE (2 years) - €99.99 ($112) / €4.16 ($4,67) per month.
Shipping and Delivery
With Kippy VIta, shipping charges vary depending on location.
Kippy Vita comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Kippy Vita comes with a 2-year warranty.
Felcana is a pet health and activity monitor designed with both dogs and cats in mind. It monitors your pet's activity 24/7, discriminates between different activity levels, monitors eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habits, helps detect separation anxiety and various health issues on time, offers activity and behavior notifications, monitors ambient temperature, and provides clinical-grade activity data.
Health And Activity Monitor
Felcana health and activity tracking system consists of a tracking device attached to the pet's collar, a home hub, and micro-location beacons placed on key objects of interest, like food and drink bowls. The system features a sleek design and it is currently available in silver only. The tracking device and the home hub are compact and cuboid-shaped. The tracking device comes with a strap for easy attachment. The micro-location beacons are tiny, cube-shaped, and come with sucker and sticker attachments.
Felcana tracking device comes in only one size. It measures 1.8 inches by 0.6 inches by 0.4 inches (LWH) and fits virtually all collar and pet sizes.
Suitable For Cats
Felcana boasts an IP67 rating, which means that it can withstand bumps and bites, it is protected from contact with dust and other fine particles, and it can be safely submerged in water of up to 3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes. Thus, it can accompany your pet on all of his or her adventures and remain functional for years.
Key Tracking Features
Felcana does not track your pet's location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Felcana’s key health and activity monitoring features include:
- 24/7 activity monitoring;
- Detailed, clinical-grade activity records;
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habit tracking;
- Early detection of health problems through observed changes in activity and behavior;
- Separation anxiety detection through behavior pattern tracking;
- Activity and behavior notifications.
Felcana does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Felcana include:
- Ambient temperature monitoring.
Tracking device <–> smartphone: 220 yards Tracking device <–> home hub: 1,300 yards
Tracking device: 7-14 days; Micro-location beacons: 18 months
Felcana comes with a dedicated mobile app compatible with iOS 10.0 and later. The app allows you to access your pet's fact file, view daily, weekly, and monthly activity records, receive notifications, and more. An Android app is not available as of yet.
Felcana uses Bluetooth 5.0 for communication between the tracking device and your smartphone. Long-range <1GHz radio technology is used to enable communication between the tracking device and the home hub. The home hub is WiFi enabled.
Felcana can work anywhere on the globe.
£69.99 (around $92)
Shipping and Delivery
Felcana can be purchased in the UK and it comes with free nationwide delivery.
Felcana comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Felcana comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By Adam Thompson on 02/01/2019Well, it’s not cheap and I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on an activity monitor. But my pup was pretty naughty and still getting used to staying home alone, so I decided to give it a try and return it if it didn’t work. I’m glad I did because it really helped. Turns out separation anxiety is a real thing and Jerry wasn’t chewing on my shoes just because he was bored. We asked the vet about it, she gave us some great advice and I’ve noticed that Jerry has since started sleeping more and chewing less when we’re not at home. It is nice to know what he’s doing when he’s alone and it feels good to be able to take better care of the little fella’s health. I would’ve given it 5 stars, but still, a bit pricey for my taste.
- Submitted By Melinda Jones on 11/18/2018Honestly impressed. I saw it on Kickstarter before and I really liked it but I kept my expectations low. Usually, Kickstarter projects sound better than they really are but Felcana is the coolest activity tracker I’ve used. It answers all my questions and really makes me feel like I’m taking care of my kitty even when I’m not around. Not to mention some sweet revelations, like that Laura always goes to the kitty door minutes before I usually get home from work, to check if I’m coming. Makes me love her even more!
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.