Fi Tracker VS Animo
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between Animo and Fi Tracker , our comprehensive Animo vs. Fi Tracker comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Advanced Pet Tracker With A Battery Life Of Up To 3 Months
Animo is a premium activity monitor and behavior tracker for dogs developed to learn your pet's daily patterns, interpret them, and convert them into useful and actionable information.
- Small and lightweight monitor with a sturdy construction
- Replaceable battery/6-month battery life/IP67 water resistance
- Dedicated app for the majority of Android and iOS devices
- Price: $90.00
- Shipping: $
Fi tracker is a dog tracker designed to determine your pet's coordinates, help you locate him or her in case of a potential escape, and monitor his or her activity levels and daily, weekly, and monthly step goals.
- GPS tracking through the LTE-M network + 3-month battery life
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity/Lost Dog Mode with red LED
- Works in all US states and comes in 4 different sizes
- Price: $149.00
- Shipping: $
Animo is a unique dog activity & behavior monitor that allows you to keep track of your pet's exercise regimens (running, walking), sleep quality, and well-being (barking, shaking, scratching). After the adaptive algorithm synchronizes with your dog's habits (7 days), you can start setting activity goals to make sure they are getting plenty of exercise. It is one of the smallest and lightest devices of its kind and it comes with a proprietary app that can store up to 3 weeks of data between synchronizations. The device utilizes one replaceable battery that should last for about 6 months.
Pet Activity Monitor
Animo features a rugged housing paired with a sturdy mounting loop made of metal. It is a circular device with only 37mm in diameter and weighing just 22g. The package features 3 different silicone bands used to attach the monitor to your dog's collar and it covers widths between 12 and 30mm.
Animo's silicone bands cover collars between 12 and 30mm.
Suitable For Cats
Animo is officially not shockproof, but its rugged housing is more than capable of handling external trauma and extreme conditions. As such, it should last for years without any problems. The IP-67 rating means that it can be submerged in up to 1m of water for up to 30 minutes. The housing is also resistant to fine particles such as dust and sand.
Key Tracking Features
Animo is not a pet tracker.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Animo features an adaptive algorithm that learns your dog's activity and behavior patterns and provides you with reports specific to your pet. The algorithm adapts to changes over time, which means you can monitor his or her activity and behavior as they age. The activity reports include running, walking, playing, and any other activities, the device monitors the number of burnt calories, the sleep score shows the overall sleep quality of your dog throughout the night, and the behavior tracking includes barking, shaking, and scratching.
Animo does not come with training assistance.
Animo allows you to set activity goals for your dog once the monitoring algorithm is calibrated (7 days). The internal memory can hold up to 3 weeks' worth of data between synchronizations.
Animo synchronizes data automatically with your Android or iOS device within 10m.
Around 6 months (disposable)
Animo comes with a proprietary app available on all devices running Android 5.0+ or iOS 9+. The app is absolutely free of charge and shows your pet's activity levels (walking, running, playing...), caloric expenditure, behavioral patterns, and sleep quality. It automatically keeps track of the set activity goals and alerts you the moment something falls drastically under the average value.
Animo utilizes Bluetooth to synchronize data with Android and iOS devices.
Animo can work anywhere in the world.
Animo pet monitor costs $90.
Shipping and Delivery
Animo shipping options include FedEx Ground (Free; 5-7 business days) and FedEx Next Day ($40; 1-2 business days)
Animo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Animo comes with a 1-year warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
Fi tracker is a dog collar infused with numerous modern technologies, including GPS tracking, geo-fencing, and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. It features a durable, chew-proof design with an IP-68 waterproof rating. Fi tracker uses the LTE-M network and provides you with global coverage. The battery can last up to 3 months.
GPS Pet Tracker
Fi tracker sports a sturdy, chew-proof design with the GPS tracking module located on the part that goes on your pet’s neck so that it can always face the sky for optimal signal coverage. The tracking module is held in place by a nylon band so you should not rely on Fi as a link for your dog’s leash. The collar comes with an IP-68 waterproof rating, which means it can even withstand salt water.
Fi tracker comes in 3 different sizes: - S - Neck <13”; - M – 13.5” - 16.5”; - L – 16" - 22.5”; - XL – 22" - 34.5”.
Suitable For Cats
Fi tracker does not have a specific lifespan, but its IP-68 waterproof rating and chew-proof design should ensure longevity in spite of your dog’s potential mischief.
Key Tracking Features
Fi tracker's main tracking features include:
- 24/7 GPS tracking on the new LTE-M network, which allows you to keep track of your dog’s movements even when taken out by dog walkers or caretakers;
- Geo-fencing, which enables you to create safe zones and receive instant notifications the moment your pet exits the defined perimeter. You can make as many safe zones as you want, which makes traveling with your pet much less stressful;
- Lost Dog Mode, which switches the unit to live location tracking and activates the red pulsing LED light on the collar, alerting individuals that might see your pet and helping you locate him or her in low-visibility conditions.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Fi tracker helps you keep your dog active and healthy by monitoring his or her daily, weekly, and monthly step goals. You can also compare these reports with other dogs and monitor activity levels when you are not with your pet. You can always swipe to view past activities and tap the step count to toggle between Day, Week, and Month.
Fi tracker does not come with training assistance.
Fi tracker does not provide any additional features.
Fi tracker does not have a specific range since it starts using GPS tracking the moment it is out of range of your Fi base, Bluetooth signal or Fi app. Note that you need to purchase a subscription in order to activate remote tracking.
Up to 3 months
The Fi smartphone app (Android 6.0 and up; iOS 12.0 and up) will show your pet’s location in the primary view and you can scroll your area by swiping across the map and zoom in or out by pinching and pulling your fingers together or apart. The first initial represents your current location and your pet’s photo represents his or her coordinates. The two icons will attach to each other if you are together. The app allows you to activate the Lost Dog Mode and access Fi’s live chat support during the team’s regular business hours.
Fi tracker uses live GPS tracking on LTE-M, which is a low-power cellular network specifically designed for IoT devices. It also uses Wi-Fi when in the range of your home base and Bluetooth to communicate with other devices like Airpods, Fitbits, and others.
Fi tracker allows for 20-30% more coverage than regular 3G/LTE-based devices. It covers every state in the US.
Fi tracker costs $149 and it comes with 3 different subscription options: - 1 year - $99; - 2 years - $186; - 3 years - $248.
Shipping and Delivery
Fi tracker comes with a 30-day trial period.
Fi tracker comes with a 1-year warranty
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Charles_Gray on 12/28/2019It works well but it took me a while before I realized it needs to be placed a certain way, otherwise it gives you wrong information.
- Submitted By Jenna Watson on 08/10/2019What a great little gadget! It works just as advertised and my big hellion still didn’t manage to lose it in action.
- Submitted By Geoffrey Stanley on 12/10/2019The thing I like most about this app is that it has its own app where you can track your dog’s movement easily and without confusion. I’m not good with tech so it’s really important that know what I’m doing and fi tracker app made it easy. Another thing I like is that is not state limited so I can use it even when I take my dog traveling. We went hiking when we were at my boyfriend’s parents in Colorado and the app worked all the way even when we were high up and without a strong signal. I feel safe knowing my Penny is well taken care of.
- Submitted By Jose Ball on 11/29/2019I very satisfied with the tracker except for the collar which didn’t last that long. I have two dogs one of them being very active. He likes to chew everything most of all his brother’s collar. Every time we go out both of my dog get very excited and while Ben knows how to sit down and wait for the leash, Roger gets unbearable while he jumps up and down and keeps biting his brother’s collar. Long story short the collar is all chewed up and has to be replaced. I was hoping it could withstand more.
- Submitted By Delbert Gomez on 11/20/2019This Fi tracker is the best thing that has happened to me! My buddy and I take long walks around to the lake almost every day. He loves jumping into the water even when it’s cold outside and this tracker seems to be handling it very well. For me the battery lasted more than a month and a half and gps work even in the remote areas where coverage is not that good. The app is easy to read and it has the lost dog mode which is immediately activated in case anything bad happens. I feel much better ever since my dog started wearing it.
- Submitted By Tommie Mccoy on 11/02/2019I always wondered what would I do if Charlie, that’s my dog, would to run away when we were traveling. I would love to take him anywhere with me but I don’t know how he’ll react to new environments so I leave him with my mom and dad mostly. And it was tearing my heart. I did a little research and found that Fi Tracker enables whole country coverage in case you and your pet leave the state. I’ve recently bought it I was amazed by how long the battery lasts, I didn’t need to charge it yet and it has been almost a month. Finally, I was able to take Charlie on a road trip, we went to see my parents is Vioming for a test drive. I was tracking our movement on the app the whole time we were there. Couldn’t be happier!
Fi tracker is a modern pet tracker primarily designed to locate lost dogs and monitor their location and activity levels on a daily basis. The collar comes packed with numerous impressive features and has a battery that can last up to 3 months. Read this honest and comprehensive Fi tracker review to learn more and see if the unit works for you.