Felcana and Find My Pet Nano may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Felcana vs. Find My Pet Nano comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Lightweight, waterproof, biteproof wearable for cats and dogs
- Provides information on activity levels, duration, and frequency
- Gathers data on your pet’s eating, drinking, and sleeping habits
- Price: $92.00
- Shipping: $
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
- 24/7 activity monitoring;
- Detailed, clinical-grade activity records;
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habit tracking;
- Early detection of health problems through observed changes in activity and behavior;
- Separation anxiety detection through behavior pattern tracking;
- Activity and behavior notifications.
- Ambient temperature monitoring.
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Adam Thompson on 02/01/2019Well, it’s not cheap and I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on an activity monitor. But my pup was pretty naughty and still getting used to staying home alone, so I decided to give it a try and return it if it didn’t work. I’m glad I did because it really helped. Turns out separation anxiety is a real thing and Jerry wasn’t chewing on my shoes just because he was bored. We asked the vet about it, she gave us some great advice and I’ve noticed that Jerry has since started sleeping more and chewing less when we’re not at home. It is nice to know what he’s doing when he’s alone and it feels good to be able to take better care of the little fella’s health. I would’ve given it 5 stars, but still, a bit pricey for my taste.
- Submitted By Melinda Jones on 11/18/2018Honestly impressed. I saw it on Kickstarter before and I really liked it but I kept my expectations low. Usually, Kickstarter projects sound better than they really are but Felcana is the coolest activity tracker I’ve used. It answers all my questions and really makes me feel like I’m taking care of my kitty even when I’m not around. Not to mention some sweet revelations, like that Laura always goes to the kitty door minutes before I usually get home from work, to check if I’m coming. Makes me love her even more!
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
If you want to learn more about your pet’s activity and well-being and gain a full insight into your furry friend’s behavior patterns, Felcana pet activity monitor was designed for you. Discover the full range of clinical-grade data this unique wearable provides and find out if it fits both your needs and your budget in this comprehensive Felcana review.