Find My Pet Nano VS Gibi 2nd Gen
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Find My Pet Nano and Gibi 2nd Gen are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Find My Pet Nano VS Gibi 2nd Gen review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
Simple, Fast & Accurate GPS Pet Tracker
The Smallest & Lightest GPS Pet Tracker
Gibi 2nd Gen is a GPS pet tracker that works throughout North America, over any distance within cellular coverage. It is small, light, durable, waterproof, highly accurate, and user-friendly.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker works in 80+ world countries, refreshes location information every 60 seconds, provides instant alerts, and lets you custom-define the safe zones for your pet.
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
Gibi 2nd Gen is a durable and reliable GPS pet tracker that is accurate within 10 feet, works throughout North America, offers 30-second location updates, and allows you to create multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet.
GPS Pet Tracker
Gibi 2nd Gen tracking unit is white and cuboid-shaped. On the front side of the device, there is a black Gibi logo, an ON/OFF button, and a power/battery status light. The tracker measures 2.75’’ x 1.25’’ x 0.5’’ (HWD). It is easily attached to the pet’s existing collar or harness with the use of an attachment clip provided in the package.
Gibi 2nd Gen only comes in one size and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Gibi 2nd Gen is resistant to impact, protected from contact with harmful solid particles such as dust, and waterproof up to 3 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. All these characteristics make it highly durable, allowing it to last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The range of essential tracking features available with Gibi 2nd Gen includes:
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Gibi 2nd Gen does not monitor pet activity.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide training assistance.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide any extra features apart from:
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
Gibi 2nd Gen can work over any distance, as long as there is a cellular network available.
6 to 7 US quarters (1.2-1.4 ounces)
2-3 days with normal use
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a free smartphone app compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS. The device allows you to track your pet via Google Maps, custom-define safe zones, share alerts with friends and family, and modify settings including alerts and location refresh rate.
Gibi 2nd Gen uses GPS to determine the pet's location and relies on cellular technology for communication.
Gibi 2nd Gen works throughout North America, including the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Device: $129.99; Service plan: $9.99 per month with the monthly subscription, $8.25 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with free shipping throughout the US.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a 90-day limited warranty that does not cover damages caused by improper use.
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light GPS tracker for dogs and cats that boasts worldwide coverage as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, updates your pet’s location information every 60 seconds, allows you to custom-define the safe zones, and stores your pet’s location history for a whole year.
GPS Pet Tracker
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round, blue-white tracking unit measuring 1.4 inches in diameter and weighing just 0.7 ounces. The device can be attached to your pet’s collar buckle using the fabric pouch attachment provided in the package. Alternatively, you can attach the device directly to the collar using the plastic clasp-like attachment, also provided in the package.
Find My Pet Nano does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
The manufacturer of Find My Pet Nano does not provide exact information on the device’s durability and resistance to impact. Our tests have shown that it is not prone to damage and that it can endure rough play.
Key Tracking Features
Find My Pet Nano provides multiple useful tracking features, including;
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Find My Pet Nano does not monitor your pet's activity.
Find My Pet Nano does not provide training assistance.
Find My Pet Nano additional features include:
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Within cellular/WiFi coverage
Up to 96 hours, fewer than 12 hours with live tracking activated
Find My Pet Nano app works on both Android and iOS smartphones. It allows you to track your pet’s location via map, view location history, set virtual fences, set speed limit, SOS, and low battery alarms, send text and email alerts to up to 10 people, and track as many pets as you wish at once.
Find My Pet Nano uses GSM (2G) cellular networks to track your pet’s activity in the outdoors. It is Bluetooth and WiFi enabled in order to allow for indoor tracking.
Find My Pet Nano works in 80+ world countries, within GSM (2G) cellular coverage.
Device: $79.95; Service plan: monthly subscription - $4.99 per month; yearly subscription - $4.17 per month; 3-year subscription - $2.75 per month
Shipping and Delivery
Find My Pet Nano can be shipped throughout the US and Puerto Rico and comes with free shipping, unless you choose an alternative shipping method.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% guarantee. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% warranty. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light and small pet tracker suitable for both dogs and cats. It provides location updates every minute, sends instant notifications when your pet leaves the safe zone, and boasts great customizability. Learn all about its accuracy, range, coverage, key tracking features, and price in our Find My Pet Nano review.