Find My Pet Nano VS PitPat
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between PitPat and Find My Pet Nano, our comprehensive PitPat vs. Find My Pet Nano comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
The Smallest & Lightest GPS Pet Tracker
PitPat is a compact canine activity monitor designed to track and report your pet's activity levels, spent calories, overall weight, and the quality of their sleep throughout the night.
- Small and lightweight monitor with parachute-grade Velcro
- Rugged external housing with IP-67 water resistance rating
- Replaceable battery/free app for Android and iOS devices
- Price: $51.07
- Shipping: $
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker works in 80+ world countries, refreshes location information every 60 seconds, provides instant alerts, and lets you custom-define the safe zones for your pet.
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
PitPat is a dog activity monitor designed to provide you with exhaustive exercise-related information about your dog while keeping track of your pet's sleep cycle, traversed distance, and overall weight. It is one of the smallest and lightest pet monitors that comes with a proprietary app, differentiates between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering, and can operate on a single battery for more than a year.
Pet Activity Monitor
PitPat features a rugged design and attaches to any collar via parachute-grade Velcro. The device is made of plastic and hard rubber and has a big paw button in the center used to initiate data transfer to your phone. It measures 40 x 30 x 15mm and weighs only 16g.
PitPat's default Velcro can attach to any collar or harness under 30 x 5mm. The official website also features a longer Velcro for wider collars.
Suitable For Cats
PitPat is not shockproof, but its sturdy construction allows it to last for years, even with the most adventurous of pets. It features an IP-67 waterproof rating, which means it can be submerged in up to 1m of water for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
PitPat is not a pet tracker.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PitPat was designed to differentiate between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering around the house. Even though it cannot detect sleeping directly, the device monitors nocturnal activity, which allows you to gauge the overall quality of your dog's sleep. You can also set certain activity goals and receive alerts when your pet meets them. The implemented algorithm can calculate the time needed to reach a certain weight and alert you when your dog loses 10% of its body mass.
PitPat does not come with training assistance.
PitPat app enables you to keep a detailed weight history of your dog and view the results over time. After achieving certain goals, you will receive corresponding badges and points, which can be redeemed on the official website for additional pet equipment and other interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 only to transfer the recorded data to your phone. The collected information is stored in the memory of the device that can hold up to one week's worth of data.
Around 1 year (disposable)
PitPat app is absolutely free and can be used on any device running Android 5.0+ or iOS 9.0+. Apart from different activity types, the app shows the traversed distance, caloric expenditure, and your pet's body weight. It keeps track of any set goals and alerts you when they are met. Reaching goals unlocks certain badges and points that can be redeemed for some interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to transfer the collected data to your phone.
PitPat can work anywhere in the world
- PitPat - £39.00 - PitPat Life subscription - £4.00 per month (12 months minimum)
Shipping and Delivery
PitPat uses Royal Mail First Class and all orders received before 2 PM are shipped the same day. The package can fit through all standard letterboxes and no signature is required. The shipments usually take 1 day to arrive at a specified address within the UK.
PitPat Life subscription comes with a 21-day money-back guarantee.
PitPat device comes with a 1-year warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light GPS tracker for dogs and cats that boasts worldwide coverage as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, updates your pet’s location information every 60 seconds, allows you to custom-define the safe zones, and stores your pet’s location history for a whole year.
GPS Pet Tracker
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round, blue-white tracking unit measuring 1.4 inches in diameter and weighing just 0.7 ounces. The device can be attached to your pet’s collar buckle using the fabric pouch attachment provided in the package. Alternatively, you can attach the device directly to the collar using the plastic clasp-like attachment, also provided in the package.
Find My Pet Nano does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
The manufacturer of Find My Pet Nano does not provide exact information on the device’s durability and resistance to impact. Our tests have shown that it is not prone to damage and that it can endure rough play.
Key Tracking Features
Find My Pet Nano provides multiple useful tracking features, including;
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Find My Pet Nano does not monitor your pet's activity.
Find My Pet Nano does not provide training assistance.
Find My Pet Nano additional features include:
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Within cellular/WiFi coverage
Up to 96 hours, fewer than 12 hours with live tracking activated
Find My Pet Nano app works on both Android and iOS smartphones. It allows you to track your pet’s location via map, view location history, set virtual fences, set speed limit, SOS, and low battery alarms, send text and email alerts to up to 10 people, and track as many pets as you wish at once.
Find My Pet Nano uses GSM (2G) cellular networks to track your pet’s activity in the outdoors. It is Bluetooth and WiFi enabled in order to allow for indoor tracking.
Find My Pet Nano works in 80+ world countries, within GSM (2G) cellular coverage.
Device: $79.95; Service plan: monthly subscription - $4.99 per month; yearly subscription - $4.17 per month; 3-year subscription - $2.75 per month
Shipping and Delivery
Find My Pet Nano can be shipped throughout the US and Puerto Rico and comes with free shipping, unless you choose an alternative shipping method.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% guarantee. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% warranty. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mike J. on 12/25/2019I initially thought this has GPS but it’s a pretty cool little gadget even without it.
- Submitted By Jenny86 on 11/20/2019PitPat was just what I needed for my puppy since I want to make sure everything is perfect from the start. The app is easy to use and shows you pretty much everything you’ll ever care about. It attaches really easily and never comes off, even when we’re outside.
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
PitPat is a sturdy and lightweight dog activity monitor designed to help you track the overall activity levels of your pet, see how much calories he or she spends on a daily basis, and find out more about his or her sleep cycle. Read this exhaustive PitPat review to learn all about this device and check if it is right for you and your pup.