While both Tagg and Find My Pet Nano can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Tagg vs. Find My Pet Nano comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light and small pet tracker suitable for both dogs and cats. It provides location updates every minute, sends instant notifications when your pet leaves the safe zone, and boasts great customizability. Learn all about its accuracy, range, coverage, key tracking features, and price in our Find My Pet Nano review.