Find My Pet Nano VS Trackimo
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Trackimo and Find My Pet Nano are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Trackimo vs. Find My Pet Nano review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
Cellular tracker for cats and dogs
The Smallest & Lightest GPS Pet Tracker
Trackimo is a modern device that can track the location and activity of your pet (cat or dog) as long as you have access to a GSM 2G signal or Wi-Fi. The tracker can communicate with your app via Bluetooth too.
- Small and lightweight design + 96 hours of battery life
- Intuitive and user-friendly app with tracking history
- Geo-fencing, SOS button, Family & Friends list
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker works in 80+ world countries, refreshes location information every 60 seconds, provides instant alerts, and lets you custom-define the safe zones for your pet.
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
Trackimo is a pet tracker that uses the GSM cellular network to transmit information from the GPS tracker to your app. In the US, it utilizes the T-Mobile IoT network. It is a small and lightweight unit with geo-fencing, tracking history, SOS button, Family & Friends list, and up to 96 hours of battery life.
2G Pet Tracker
Trackimo GSM Tracker is compact and lightweight, measuring just ½" in height and 1.4” in diameter and weighing only 3/4oz. It does not come with a collar, but it does have an attachment pouch. The overall design is very modern and stylish and features 3 LED indicators as well as a visible SOS button.
Trackimo does not come with a proprietary collar.
Suitable For Cats
Trackimo is made of plastic, but the manufacturer does not provide any information regarding the unit's waterproof rating or durability.
Key Tracking Features
Trackimo has the following tracking features:
- GPS for tracking your pet outdoors and Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for tracking your pet indoors;
- Geo-fencing feature, which allows you to set up virtual fences around your home/yard and receive instant notifications once your pet leaves the perimeter;
- Tracking history, which lets you view your pet’s historical locations up to 1 year in the past.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Trackimo does not monitor pet activity.
Trackimo does not come with training assistance.
Trackimo has the following additional features:
- Up to 10 small alerts per month via app notifications, email or text. These notifications are received when your tracker detects movement, location change, and similar occurrences;
- SOS button allows you to send notifications to all designated individuals;
- Family & Friends list, which lets you add your family members and close friends to your personal Trackimo account and enable them to receive important notifications and help you find your pet.
100 feet for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Unlimited within reach of T-Mobile networks.
Up to 96 hours
The Trackimo smartphone app is quite simple and user-friendly. It allows you to track an unlimited number of pets with all the tags represented on the main screen. Apart from the tag-filtering option, the main screen provides you with current date & time and battery charge info and enables you to set up fences and tracking periods and manage your subscriptions.
Trackimo uses 2G networks to obtain GPS coordinates and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to track your pets indoors.
Trackimo uses 2G GSM to locate your pet anywhere in the world with the exception of 50% of the US, Canada, Korea, Japan, Australia, and Singapore.
$139.00 + $60 per year for cellular service.
Shipping and Delivery
Trackimo ships worldwide with free shipping within the US.
Trackimo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company charges a shipping & handling fee of $35 per item and does not refund shipping fees.
Trackimo does not come with a warranty.
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light GPS tracker for dogs and cats that boasts worldwide coverage as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, updates your pet’s location information every 60 seconds, allows you to custom-define the safe zones, and stores your pet’s location history for a whole year.
GPS Pet Tracker
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round, blue-white tracking unit measuring 1.4 inches in diameter and weighing just 0.7 ounces. The device can be attached to your pet’s collar buckle using the fabric pouch attachment provided in the package. Alternatively, you can attach the device directly to the collar using the plastic clasp-like attachment, also provided in the package.
Find My Pet Nano does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
The manufacturer of Find My Pet Nano does not provide exact information on the device’s durability and resistance to impact. Our tests have shown that it is not prone to damage and that it can endure rough play.
Key Tracking Features
Find My Pet Nano provides multiple useful tracking features, including;
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Find My Pet Nano does not monitor your pet's activity.
Find My Pet Nano does not provide training assistance.
Find My Pet Nano additional features include:
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Within cellular/WiFi coverage
Up to 96 hours, fewer than 12 hours with live tracking activated
Find My Pet Nano app works on both Android and iOS smartphones. It allows you to track your pet’s location via map, view location history, set virtual fences, set speed limit, SOS, and low battery alarms, send text and email alerts to up to 10 people, and track as many pets as you wish at once.
Find My Pet Nano uses GSM (2G) cellular networks to track your pet’s activity in the outdoors. It is Bluetooth and WiFi enabled in order to allow for indoor tracking.
Find My Pet Nano works in 80+ world countries, within GSM (2G) cellular coverage.
Device: $79.95; Service plan: monthly subscription - $4.99 per month; yearly subscription - $4.17 per month; 3-year subscription - $2.75 per month
Shipping and Delivery
Find My Pet Nano can be shipped throughout the US and Puerto Rico and comes with free shipping, unless you choose an alternative shipping method.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% guarantee. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% warranty. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Martin Burns on 05/07/2019There’s no way to attach it to any collar I own, had to buy a special one with a pouch.
- Submitted By Martha Adams on 02/18/2019One of the best trackers we had when you have cell reception, pretty useless when you don’t and have no access to wifi.
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
Trackimo is a GSM 2G pet tracker that can work for both cats and dogs. Its small and lightweight design and numerous features and implemented technologies enable you to keep a close eye on your pet as long as you have access to a GSM 2G network. Read more about it in this comprehensive Trackimo review.