Findster Duo+ VS Find My Pet Nano
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Findster Duo+ and Find My Pet Nano may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Findster Duo+ VS Find My Pet Nano comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
The Smallest & Lightest GPS Pet Tracker
Advanced & Fee-Free GPS Pet Tracker
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker works in 80+ world countries, refreshes location information every 60 seconds, provides instant alerts, and lets you custom-define the safe zones for your pet.
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
Findster Duo+ is a user-friendly GPS pet tracker with a communication range of up to 3 miles. It can work anywhere as it does not require cellular coverage and it comes with no monthly fees.
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
Find My Pet Nano is an incredibly light GPS tracker for dogs and cats that boasts worldwide coverage as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, updates your pet’s location information every 60 seconds, allows you to custom-define the safe zones, and stores your pet’s location history for a whole year.
GPS Pet Tracker
Find My Pet Nano GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round, blue-white tracking unit measuring 1.4 inches in diameter and weighing just 0.7 ounces. The device can be attached to your pet’s collar buckle using the fabric pouch attachment provided in the package. Alternatively, you can attach the device directly to the collar using the plastic clasp-like attachment, also provided in the package.
Find My Pet Nano does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
The manufacturer of Find My Pet Nano does not provide exact information on the device’s durability and resistance to impact. Our tests have shown that it is not prone to damage and that it can endure rough play.
Key Tracking Features
Find My Pet Nano provides multiple useful tracking features, including;
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Find My Pet Nano does not monitor your pet's activity.
Find My Pet Nano does not provide training assistance.
Find My Pet Nano additional features include:
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
Within cellular/WiFi coverage
Up to 96 hours, fewer than 12 hours with live tracking activated
Find My Pet Nano app works on both Android and iOS smartphones. It allows you to track your pet’s location via map, view location history, set virtual fences, set speed limit, SOS, and low battery alarms, send text and email alerts to up to 10 people, and track as many pets as you wish at once.
Find My Pet Nano uses GSM (2G) cellular networks to track your pet’s activity in the outdoors. It is Bluetooth and WiFi enabled in order to allow for indoor tracking.
Find My Pet Nano works in 80+ world countries, within GSM (2G) cellular coverage.
Device: $79.95; Service plan: monthly subscription - $4.99 per month; yearly subscription - $4.17 per month; 3-year subscription - $2.75 per month
Shipping and Delivery
Find My Pet Nano can be shipped throughout the US and Puerto Rico and comes with free shipping, unless you choose an alternative shipping method.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% guarantee. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Find My Pet Nano comes with a 100% warranty. For exact information on warranty terms and limitations, please contact Find My Pet Nano customer support directly.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats that comes with no monthly fees, has a communication range of up to 3 miles, and does not require cellular coverage. It allows for real-time location and activity tracking and it can work anywhere on the globe.
GPS Pet Tracker
Findster Duo+ consists of a pet module and a guardian module, both in the shape of a rounded rhombus and available in pleasant shades of blue. The modules are lightweight and rather small (2.1’’ x 2’’ x 0.5’’), so they can be worn by both small and large dogs and cats. The pet module comes with a clasp-like attachment mechanism that can fit any collar and the guardian module can be attached to a keychain or kept in a pocket.
Findster Duo+ is a one-size-fits-all product.
Suitable For Cats
Findster Duo+ does not have a specific lifespan. Since it comes with a rechargeable battery, some diminishment in performance should be expected after a couple of years of use. Being shockproof and waterproof, the device is not easily damaged and it should stay in good shape for at least several years.
Key Tracking Features
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker’s key tracking features include:
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker provides the following activity information:
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
Findster Duo+ does not come with training assistance.
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker provides fun extra features, including:
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
5 days, 12 hours with live tracking on
Findster Duo+ smartphone app provides real-time information on your distance from your pet, instant notifications, a map for easy locating, and full activity information. The app is compatible with iPhone 5+, iOS 9+, and Android 4.4+. Other minimum requirements include Bluetooth 4.0+ (Bluetooth LE) and GPS.
Findster Duo+ modules communicate via GPS and the guardian module communicates with your smartphone via Bluetooth. The tracker employs proprietary MAZE technology and it is independent of telecommunication companies, so it does not require cellular coverage.
Findster Duo+ does not require cellular coverage, which is why it can work anywhere on the globe, including the most remote areas of the world.
1 device: $149.99; 2 devices: $199.99; 3 devices: $249.99
Shipping and Delivery
Findster Duo+ comes with free shipping worldwide.
Findster Duo+ comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the tracker, you can request a refund within 30 days from the date of delivery, return the device, and get your money back within 2 weeks after Findster receives the returned product.
Findster Duo+ comes with a 1-year warranty, except in the European Economic Area, where the warranty period is 2 years. The warranty only covers hardware defects.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
- Submitted By Imaan Garza on 12/08/2019This app is like a treasure map seriously. It was really the worst case scenario for me when my dog got away from our yard one time because someone left the gate open. I was able to track him down in 10 minutes, would be faster if I noticed right away, by following the route that was mapped in the app. All I did was follow the path that was provided by the app and found Max just down the road getting treats from the neighbour who recognized him and kept him occupied and well fed while I was on my way.
- Submitted By Penny Gentry on 12/02/2019I think it needs more powerful battery since the one it has only lasts for 12 hours and less if you use it constantly with live tracker on. In case your dog really does get lost, the battery won’t hold for too long and you won’t be able to find your pet after that. Luckily the live tracking feature is really precise and you should be able to find your dog quickly in case it runs away or gets lost and the good thing is you can instal the app on any phone so locating your lost pup should be a piece of cake.
- Submitted By Tamsin Flowers on 11/28/2019This tracker is lite and nice looking. It is easily adjustable to the dogs collar and you can carry your device on yourself in your wallet or anywhere else because it fits. I like that you hardly notice it is there except when you need it and it doesn’t bother either you or your pet. My dog moves freely around and I didn’t see him trying to take it down or anything. I’m relieved because otherwise he would scratch all the time trying to take it off and he would probably do it at some point and lose it somewhere. And I read that it is tough to break or damage so that’s a plus
- Submitted By Tracy Adams on 11/24/2019You can connect your part of the tracker through bluetooth to see where your dog’s at at all times. You can see where he goes and the tracker sends you a notification if your dog goes out of the safe place which is a limited space you created he can move around freely. In case your dog leaves this place you will be able to follow him on your app so he doesn’t get lost. The tracking range is not limited for example I don’t need cell signal to work the app, it can function without it because it uses another technology which can work anywhere and doesn’t cost a penny.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s location and activity in real time within a 3-mile radius, receive alerts when your pal is out of the desired range, remotely track his or her whereabouts with the help of friends and family, and much more. Discover all the key features of this advanced tracker in our Findster Duo+ review.