If you are stuck choosing between Findster Duo+ and Pawscout, our comprehensive Findster Duo+ VS Pawscout comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Alec McCallum on 03/15/2019The Findster Duo has a very short range, nowhere near to what they claim. I've found I loose contact with my dog as soon as he goes over a rise or a short way into the woods. I've tested it out in a straight line of site and found it looses contact after 4-500 feet. The battery life is also rather short, maybe 10-12 hours before needing a recharge. The radar feature is inaccurate. My dog went missing the other day and it showed him nearby in my back yard when he wasn't. I would not recommend purchasing this product.
- Submitted By Rachel on 03/06/2019Worst costumer service ever. I got a faulty guardian piece and would have loved to just get a replacement but, going through costumer service with this one agent was A NIGHTMARE! Do not purchase this product. They are not good on their word. They want me to ship internationally and just believe that they will refund me. She did not get back to me, I still have no idea where to actually ship the broken parts. When she does speak to me, she is rude and again not giving me the information or the prepaid shipping label. Plus the actual device will only give you an approximation of were your pet is, if that. Wish I could give 0 stars.
- Submitted By Ian Coleman on 02/20/2019Great little assistant on the trail to let you know where your dog is at any given moment and his general movement direction. Loki was around ¼ mile away from me at all times and I had no trouble keeping track of his movement in real time. Note that the device does have a 10 second delay, at least it does for me. I did lose connection a couple of times but we are talking about a heavily wooded area and the connection was back in just a couple of seconds every time.
- Submitted By Gerald Flores on 01/28/2019I confused this product with something that would allow me to track my dog when I’m away from home. Turns out it only works if your pet is nearby. I gave it as a gift to my little niece and she uses it to track her puppy which made hide & seek a pretty one sided game. It works pretty well as far as I can see it’s just not what I needed.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s location and activity in real time within a 3-mile radius, receive alerts when your pal is out of the desired range, remotely track his or her whereabouts with the help of friends and family, and much more. Discover all the key features of this advanced tracker in our Findster Duo+ review.