While both Pawtrack and Findster Duo+ can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Pawtrack vs. Findster Duo+ comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- 4 different tracking techs (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Wi-Fi)
- Geo-fencing and multi-cat tracking using only one account
- Intuitive mobile app/coverage in 171 countries around the world
- Price: $63.00
- Shipping: $
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- The collar combines GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Wi-Fi, and beacon tracking, providing pet owners with one of the most accurate GPS positioning mechanisms on the market;
- The GPS antenna is always pointed toward the sky for easier signal pickup;
- Geo-fencing allows you to set borders around your home or any other relevant area and receive notifications the moment your pet leaves the perimeter or comes back;
- Pawtrack is also capable of tracking multiple cats.
- Playback – Replays time-stamped positions and gives you information about your cat’s whereabouts at any given moment;
- Path – Creates a lined route of your pet’s movement;
- Heatmap – Reveals your cat’s favorite hiding places by marking regularly visited areas with red indicators.
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Susan Haughey on 10/14/2019I highly recommend this collar. I don’t want any of my cats to be outside but I have two that are like caged wild animals if confined. There are just some cats, I feel, that are not indoor type. The size of the collar has trimmed significantly and is not bulky anymore. I have the app on my phone and yes, sometimes it will say the collar may be busy and you won’t get a reading but you just tap the location button again and most times locates the cat. I’d like to post pics but this review site doesn’t seem to give the option. This collar will truly give you some peace of mind if you have an outdoor cat.
- Submitted By Shannon on 06/10/2019I ordered this in January. I couldn't get it to pick up the GPS signal. I tried in multiple locations at different times. After 2 months, it wouldn't charge so I can't even keep trying it. Just went into the app and now it won't open. Keeps kicking me out. Waste of money. Very difficult to get assistance.
- Submitted By Jerry London on 06/11/2019Great little collar that lets me find the little rascal wherever he hides. Now I know all his favorite hidey holes so whenever he vanishes I know where to check.
- Submitted By Dana Thompson on 01/17/2019Really happy with the collar but the batteries tend to run out pretty quickly if you don’t have all the power saving options turned on.
- Submitted By Imaan Garza on 12/08/2019This app is like a treasure map seriously. It was really the worst case scenario for me when my dog got away from our yard one time because someone left the gate open. I was able to track him down in 10 minutes, would be faster if I noticed right away, by following the route that was mapped in the app. All I did was follow the path that was provided by the app and found Max just down the road getting treats from the neighbour who recognized him and kept him occupied and well fed while I was on my way.
- Submitted By Penny Gentry on 12/02/2019I think it needs more powerful battery since the one it has only lasts for 12 hours and less if you use it constantly with live tracker on. In case your dog really does get lost, the battery won’t hold for too long and you won’t be able to find your pet after that. Luckily the live tracking feature is really precise and you should be able to find your dog quickly in case it runs away or gets lost and the good thing is you can instal the app on any phone so locating your lost pup should be a piece of cake.
- Submitted By Tamsin Flowers on 11/28/2019This tracker is lite and nice looking. It is easily adjustable to the dogs collar and you can carry your device on yourself in your wallet or anywhere else because it fits. I like that you hardly notice it is there except when you need it and it doesn’t bother either you or your pet. My dog moves freely around and I didn’t see him trying to take it down or anything. I’m relieved because otherwise he would scratch all the time trying to take it off and he would probably do it at some point and lose it somewhere. And I read that it is tough to break or damage so that’s a plus
- Submitted By Tracy Adams on 11/24/2019You can connect your part of the tracker through bluetooth to see where your dog’s at at all times. You can see where he goes and the tracker sends you a notification if your dog goes out of the safe place which is a limited space you created he can move around freely. In case your dog leaves this place you will be able to follow him on your app so he doesn’t get lost. The tracking range is not limited for example I don’t need cell signal to work the app, it can function without it because it uses another technology which can work anywhere and doesn’t cost a penny.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s location and activity in real time within a 3-mile radius, receive alerts when your pal is out of the desired range, remotely track his or her whereabouts with the help of friends and family, and much more. Discover all the key features of this advanced tracker in our Findster Duo+ review.