Findster Duo+ VS SportDOG TEK 2.0
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
While both SportDOG TEK 2.0 and Findster Duo+ can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough SportDOG TEK 2.0 vs. Findster Duo+ comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
Advanced dog tracker for hunters
Advanced & Fee-Free GPS Pet Tracker
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is the ultimate dog tracking system for hunters that has a communication range of up to 10 miles. It can track up to 21 dogs, it does not require cellular coverage, and it comes with no monthly fees.
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
Findster Duo+ is a user-friendly GPS pet tracker with a communication range of up to 3 miles. It can work anywhere as it does not require cellular coverage and it comes with no monthly fees.
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
TEK 2.0 uses GPS and GLONASS for location tracking, it is preloaded with 1:100,000 topographical maps that come with no subscription fees, and its communication range is up to 10 miles with an accuracy of 15 yards. It can track up to 21 dogs with the purchase of additional collars.
GPS Dog Tracker
SportDOG TEK 2.0 consists of a handheld device and a GPS Collar. Made of high-quality plastic, the handheld device comes in black and the GPS collar in red. The size of the device without the antenna is 5.45"x 2.50" x 1.50" (LWD).
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is made for dogs who are 8lbs or larger and have neck sizes between 10.75” and 23.”
Suitable For Cats
Made of high-quality plastic, both the SportDOG TEK 2.0 handheld device and the GPS collar are waterproof. The devices should not be exposed to the sun for long periods of time and the company's warranty does not cover damage made by dog bites or chews.
Key Tracking Features
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a variety of tracking features, including:
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
Pet Activity Monitoring
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not monitor pet activity.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not come with training assistance - unless you also purchase an E-Collar.
Additional features available with SportDOG TEK 2.0 include:
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
Up to 10 miles
SportDOG TEK 2.0 uses rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The handheld device needs an 8-hour charge and lasts12 hours per charge. The GPS Collar requires a 4-hour charge and lasts for 24 hours per charge. The batteries should last anywhere between 3-5 years.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not come with a smartphone app
SportDOG TEK 2.0 uses GPS and GLONASS to determine the pet's location. It also uses HopTek technology, which prevents signal interference and boosts transmitter output power.
Since it does not rely on cellular networks, SportDOG TEK 2.0 can work anywhere in the world.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 costs around $600.
Shipping and Delivery
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is sold through Amazon. Shipping and delivery details depend on location.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a 2-year warranty.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats that comes with no monthly fees, has a communication range of up to 3 miles, and does not require cellular coverage. It allows for real-time location and activity tracking and it can work anywhere on the globe.
GPS Pet Tracker
Findster Duo+ consists of a pet module and a guardian module, both in the shape of a rounded rhombus and available in pleasant shades of blue. The modules are lightweight and rather small (2.1’’ x 2’’ x 0.5’’), so they can be worn by both small and large dogs and cats. The pet module comes with a clasp-like attachment mechanism that can fit any collar and the guardian module can be attached to a keychain or kept in a pocket.
Findster Duo+ is a one-size-fits-all product.
Suitable For Cats
Findster Duo+ does not have a specific lifespan. Since it comes with a rechargeable battery, some diminishment in performance should be expected after a couple of years of use. Being shockproof and waterproof, the device is not easily damaged and it should stay in good shape for at least several years.
Key Tracking Features
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker’s key tracking features include:
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker provides the following activity information:
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
Findster Duo+ does not come with training assistance.
Findster Duo+ GPS pet tracker provides fun extra features, including:
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
5 days, 12 hours with live tracking on
Findster Duo+ smartphone app provides real-time information on your distance from your pet, instant notifications, a map for easy locating, and full activity information. The app is compatible with iPhone 5+, iOS 9+, and Android 4.4+. Other minimum requirements include Bluetooth 4.0+ (Bluetooth LE) and GPS.
Findster Duo+ modules communicate via GPS and the guardian module communicates with your smartphone via Bluetooth. The tracker employs proprietary MAZE technology and it is independent of telecommunication companies, so it does not require cellular coverage.
Findster Duo+ does not require cellular coverage, which is why it can work anywhere on the globe, including the most remote areas of the world.
1 device: $149.99; 2 devices: $199.99; 3 devices: $249.99
Shipping and Delivery
Findster Duo+ comes with free shipping worldwide.
Findster Duo+ comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the tracker, you can request a refund within 30 days from the date of delivery, return the device, and get your money back within 2 weeks after Findster receives the returned product.
Findster Duo+ comes with a 1-year warranty, except in the European Economic Area, where the warranty period is 2 years. The warranty only covers hardware defects.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
- Submitted By Imaan Garza on 12/08/2019This app is like a treasure map seriously. It was really the worst case scenario for me when my dog got away from our yard one time because someone left the gate open. I was able to track him down in 10 minutes, would be faster if I noticed right away, by following the route that was mapped in the app. All I did was follow the path that was provided by the app and found Max just down the road getting treats from the neighbour who recognized him and kept him occupied and well fed while I was on my way.
- Submitted By Penny Gentry on 12/02/2019I think it needs more powerful battery since the one it has only lasts for 12 hours and less if you use it constantly with live tracker on. In case your dog really does get lost, the battery won’t hold for too long and you won’t be able to find your pet after that. Luckily the live tracking feature is really precise and you should be able to find your dog quickly in case it runs away or gets lost and the good thing is you can instal the app on any phone so locating your lost pup should be a piece of cake.
- Submitted By Tamsin Flowers on 11/28/2019This tracker is lite and nice looking. It is easily adjustable to the dogs collar and you can carry your device on yourself in your wallet or anywhere else because it fits. I like that you hardly notice it is there except when you need it and it doesn’t bother either you or your pet. My dog moves freely around and I didn’t see him trying to take it down or anything. I’m relieved because otherwise he would scratch all the time trying to take it off and he would probably do it at some point and lose it somewhere. And I read that it is tough to break or damage so that’s a plus
- Submitted By Tracy Adams on 11/24/2019You can connect your part of the tracker through bluetooth to see where your dog’s at at all times. You can see where he goes and the tracker sends you a notification if your dog goes out of the safe place which is a limited space you created he can move around freely. In case your dog leaves this place you will be able to follow him on your app so he doesn’t get lost. The tracking range is not limited for example I don’t need cell signal to work the app, it can function without it because it uses another technology which can work anywhere and doesn’t cost a penny.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is a dog tracking system for hunters that offers great accuracy and precision thanks to the HopTek, GPS, and GLONASS technologies. Offering near-live tracking for up to 21 dogs at a time as well as easy-to-read topographical maps, TEK 2.0 has many interesting features to offer. Learn more in our SportDOG TEK 2.0 review