While both SportDOG TEK 2.0 and Findster Duo+ can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough SportDOG TEK 2.0 vs. Findster Duo+ comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
- Submitted By Imaan Garza on 12/08/2019This app is like a treasure map seriously. It was really the worst case scenario for me when my dog got away from our yard one time because someone left the gate open. I was able to track him down in 10 minutes, would be faster if I noticed right away, by following the route that was mapped in the app. All I did was follow the path that was provided by the app and found Max just down the road getting treats from the neighbour who recognized him and kept him occupied and well fed while I was on my way.
- Submitted By Penny Gentry on 12/02/2019I think it needs more powerful battery since the one it has only lasts for 12 hours and less if you use it constantly with live tracker on. In case your dog really does get lost, the battery won’t hold for too long and you won’t be able to find your pet after that. Luckily the live tracking feature is really precise and you should be able to find your dog quickly in case it runs away or gets lost and the good thing is you can instal the app on any phone so locating your lost pup should be a piece of cake.
- Submitted By Tamsin Flowers on 11/28/2019This tracker is lite and nice looking. It is easily adjustable to the dogs collar and you can carry your device on yourself in your wallet or anywhere else because it fits. I like that you hardly notice it is there except when you need it and it doesn’t bother either you or your pet. My dog moves freely around and I didn’t see him trying to take it down or anything. I’m relieved because otherwise he would scratch all the time trying to take it off and he would probably do it at some point and lose it somewhere. And I read that it is tough to break or damage so that’s a plus
- Submitted By Tracy Adams on 11/24/2019You can connect your part of the tracker through bluetooth to see where your dog’s at at all times. You can see where he goes and the tracker sends you a notification if your dog goes out of the safe place which is a limited space you created he can move around freely. In case your dog leaves this place you will be able to follow him on your app so he doesn’t get lost. The tracking range is not limited for example I don’t need cell signal to work the app, it can function without it because it uses another technology which can work anywhere and doesn’t cost a penny.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is a dog tracking system for hunters that offers great accuracy and precision thanks to the HopTek, GPS, and GLONASS technologies. Offering near-live tracking for up to 21 dogs at a time as well as easy-to-read topographical maps, TEK 2.0 has many interesting features to offer. Learn more in our SportDOG TEK 2.0 review