Tagg and Findster Duo+ may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Tagg vs. Findster Duo+ comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
- Track your pet’s location and activity in true real-time
- Shockproof, waterproof, lightweight, and easy to use
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
- True real-time tracking, with instant alerts and location information available immediately in the Findster app;
- Built-in radar, which provides real-time information on your distance from your pet and a map that allows you to easily follow your pal;
- Virtual Leash GPS fencing, which allows you to define a radius no smaller than 55 yards centered in your position and get an automatic notification when your pet steps out of the defined perimeter;
- Safe Zone GPS fencing, which lets you define a custom area within which your pet can move freely and get an instant alert if your pet leaves that area;
- Danger Zone GPS fencing, which allows you to define a custom area where your pet should not go and get an instant notification if your pet enters the danger zone;
- Interconnectivity, which enables you to remotely track your pet’s location by having an authorized friend or family member close to your pet share tracking information with your Findster account via the Internet.
- Activity history, which lets you view past walks and locations;
- Distance walked, expressed in both miles and paws;
- Rest time, informing you how many minutes or hours your pet spent resting;
- Calories, letting you know how many calories your pal burned while walking;
- Daily goals, letting you know whether your pet has been active enough to stay healthy;
- Activity notifications, such as alerts that your pet has not been walked yet.
- Leaderboards, which let you compare your pet’s activity stats with the stats of other Findster users’ pets;
- Badges, which you can earn by reaching activity milestones and competing with other Findster users.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
- Submitted By Imaan Garza on 12/08/2019This app is like a treasure map seriously. It was really the worst case scenario for me when my dog got away from our yard one time because someone left the gate open. I was able to track him down in 10 minutes, would be faster if I noticed right away, by following the route that was mapped in the app. All I did was follow the path that was provided by the app and found Max just down the road getting treats from the neighbour who recognized him and kept him occupied and well fed while I was on my way.
- Submitted By Penny Gentry on 12/02/2019I think it needs more powerful battery since the one it has only lasts for 12 hours and less if you use it constantly with live tracker on. In case your dog really does get lost, the battery won’t hold for too long and you won’t be able to find your pet after that. Luckily the live tracking feature is really precise and you should be able to find your dog quickly in case it runs away or gets lost and the good thing is you can instal the app on any phone so locating your lost pup should be a piece of cake.
- Submitted By Tamsin Flowers on 11/28/2019This tracker is lite and nice looking. It is easily adjustable to the dogs collar and you can carry your device on yourself in your wallet or anywhere else because it fits. I like that you hardly notice it is there except when you need it and it doesn’t bother either you or your pet. My dog moves freely around and I didn’t see him trying to take it down or anything. I’m relieved because otherwise he would scratch all the time trying to take it off and he would probably do it at some point and lose it somewhere. And I read that it is tough to break or damage so that’s a plus
- Submitted By Tracy Adams on 11/24/2019You can connect your part of the tracker through bluetooth to see where your dog’s at at all times. You can see where he goes and the tracker sends you a notification if your dog goes out of the safe place which is a limited space you created he can move around freely. In case your dog leaves this place you will be able to follow him on your app so he doesn’t get lost. The tracking range is not limited for example I don’t need cell signal to work the app, it can function without it because it uses another technology which can work anywhere and doesn’t cost a penny.
Findster Duo+ is a GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s location and activity in real time within a 3-mile radius, receive alerts when your pal is out of the desired range, remotely track his or her whereabouts with the help of friends and family, and much more. Discover all the key features of this advanced tracker in our Findster Duo+ review.