FitBark 2 VS Invoxia Pet Tracker
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Invoxia Pet Tracker and FitBark 2 are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Invoxia Pet Tracker vs. FitBark 2 review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
GPS pet tracker with superb autonomy
Ultimate Health & Activity Monitor
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker for dogs and cats. Relying on low-power networks, it allows you to easily monitor your pet’s movements and activity.
- Small & lightweight; waterproof & shockproof
- Virtual fences for keeping your pet in a safe zone
- Track your pet’s activities over any time period
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
- Price: $69.95
- Shipping: $
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker with a good battery life that offers location tracking and activity monitoring features. Being lightweight, it is suitable for both cats and dogs. Its communication range is virtually unlimited. The device relies on GPS, Wi-Fi, and low-power networks. The maximum frequency of location updates is 2 minutes. Users can set up safety zones with a customizable radius. The device enables users to monitor their pets' daily activity levels.
GPS Pet Tracker
Invoxia pet tracker is a small device in the shape of a cuboid with rounded edges. The tracker is available only in black. It weighs just 15 grams (0.52 oz.). It has a length of 42 mm (1.65 inches), a width of 24 mm (0,94 inches), and a thickness of 17 mm (0,67 inches). The device is made of high-quality plastic.
Invoxia pet tracker does not come in different sizes, but it fits almost any collar.
Suitable For Cats
Invoxia pet tracker features an IP67 rating, which means it will remain functional after being submerged up to one meter (3.2 feet) underwater for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
Location tracking features available with Invoxia pet tracker include:
- GPS location tracking with a virtually unlimited communication range;
- Four modes for updating location information, the fastest being once every two minutes;
- Location history, which allows you to observe your pet’s movements over the period of your choice;
- Geofencing, which allows you to set up multiple stationary safety zones with a customizable radius.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Invoxia pet tracker allows its users to track their pets’ activity levels during the period they choose (day, week, month or year). They can get daily reports on their pets’ activity and rest time. The device enables owners to see the length of their pets’ walks. Users can also monitor the sleep quality of their pets.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide additional features.
Virtually unlimited communication range within the low-power network coverage
15 grams (0.52 oz.)
From several days to several months depending on usage (rechargeable battery)
The Invoxia GPS app allows users to monitor their pets' location. The app stores movement history. Users can set up customizable safety zones for geofencing, monitor their pets’ activity, get daily reports on activity and rest, and see the distance traveled.
Invoxia pet tracker relies on GPS and Wi-Fi to determine the pet’s location. It uses low-power networks to send information to the user’s smartphone.
The worldwide coverage that Invoxia pet tracker provides depends on the availability of low-power networks. The device uses LoRa low-power network in France. Invoxia relies on Sigfox low-power network in other countries where the product is currently sold. Sigfox network is available in the USA and in most of Europe - but with severe limitations in coverage and signal quality.
Invoxia pet tracker costs 119 euros on the manufacturer’s website. It comes with a 3-year subscription to the low-consumption network. After the first three years, access to the service in Europe costs 9.99 EUR per year, equating to 0.83 EUR per month.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping time and costs depend on location.
If buyers are not fully satisfied with Inovxia pet tracker, they may send it back for a full refund within 14 working days of purchase.
Invoxia pet tracker comes with a one-year warranty and lifetime support.
FitBark 2 is a compact and lightweight health and activity monitor with a memory capacity to store 100 days of minute-bu-minute tracking. It utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to sync with your Android or iOS device (5.0+ and 10+, respectively) and has 6 months of battery life. Since it doesn't need any cellular networks, FitBark 2 can be used anywhere in the world without any monthly fees. The max communication range is 30ft and you can also sync it with your vet's phone ot tablet. The charging time is 90 minutes.
Health And Activity Monitor
FitBark 2 is made in the shape of a tiny, stylish bone and can be carried by dogs of all sizes. The housing is made of high-impact polycarbonate that makes it very resistant to physical trauma. The bottom of the unit is reserved for a micro USB prot with a protective cap. The device can be attached to any collar with less than 1.18" in width using the provided zip ties. The covers are removable and you can order them separately in different colors. The default one is black. The front of the device features LED indicator lights that shouldn't illuminate during normal operation. FitBark 2 weighs only 0.35oz.
FitBark 2 only comes in one size - 1.6” x 0.5” x 1.1”
Suitable For Cats
FitBark 2 is made of high-impact polycarbonite, which makes it highly resistant to dog bites and other types of outside trauma. It should function without any problems for at least a couple of years bnut overly active pets could potentially break it before that time.
Key Tracking Features
FitBark 2 doesn't feature any type of tracking mechanisms.
Pet Activity Monitoring
FitBark 2 features a 3D accelerometer, a cutting-edge technology that allows for precise minute-by-minute tracking, which includes activity, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep quality, and overall health and behavior.
FitBark 2 does not provide training assistance.
FitBark 2 is also compatible with human activity monitors, including Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple HealthKit devices. It aqlso features a removable cover, which allows you to change the color of the unit to match your dog's personality.
Up to 6 moths
FitBark comes with an app compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 10+
FitBark 2 utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to your smartphone or tablet.
FitBark 2 works anywhere in the world.
Shipping and Delivery
FitBark can be shipped worldwide. You can opt between free and DHL paid shipping options.
FitBark 2 comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
FitBark 2 comes with a limited 1-year warranty
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alice Peri on 03/08/2019Great battery life, very convenient to use. The app could be better. Not bad in general but could be better.
- Submitted By Brenda Noble on 01/20/2019Good concept, but the implementation could be better. My major issue with this product is that it is not accurate enough. I hope they will work it out.
- Submitted By Clyde Hanson on 11/28/2019I wasn’t aware that this is not a pet tracker but instead an activity monitor for you and your dog which wasn’t the point and I really needed to keep track of my dog and make sure he is safe. However I got used to its awesome features and now I’m thrilled I made the mistake. It’s fun doing all the stuff you like with your dog while having records of it in case you decide to switch up the routine and compare it with your previous results to see which regime produces better results.
- Submitted By Darrell Wells on 09/11/2019I like to keep records and track progress so the fact that FitBark stores data from 100 days back is something that made this purchase happen and I really like that it doesn’t relly on mobile networks so it can work anywhere we travel. But what I like the most and I found that after I bought it is that you can set goals depending on how active and old your dog is. Right now we are on the active level but I’m hoping to reach the olympian soon.
- Submitted By Maria Flores on 08/20/2019I’m a great dane and a Chihuahua mom so I can confirm that this device can fit on any dog. It is easily adjustable to their collars and so far it withstood a couple of bites successfully. We are an active family so it is important for us to keep records and track everything we do. Also I like the fact that it is waterproof but I tend to take it off for as a precaution. I would prefer that it takes less time to charge but considering the battery lasts for almost 6 months it’s not that much.
- Submitted By Leonard Robertson on 06/20/2019I didn’t buy this device to work as a pet tracker but to be able to track my dog’s activity along with my own and make sure both of us get enough exercise. My job doesn’t allow much movement and unfortunately, my dog is often left at home during my work hours so making up for that is extremely important for me and him. I also like that it uses Bluetooth connection instead relying on mobile or wifi connection. The range is not that big but it works for me.
FitBark 2 is a reliable health and activity monitor that can be attached to any type of collar and worn by any dog, no matter the size. Made of high-impact polycarbonate, the unit can handle its fair share of physical stress and it is also IP67 waterproof. Read this comprehensive and honest review to learn all about this device and its accompanying Android/iOS app.