FitBark 2 VS Pawtrack
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Pawtrack and FitBark 2 may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Pawtrack vs. FitBark 2 comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Advanced Cat Collar With 4 Tracking Technologies
Ultimate Health & Activity Monitor
Pawtrack is a modern and durable pet tracker designed specifically for cats. It features a rugged and sleek design and includes some of the most advanced tracking features currently on the market.
- 4 different tracking techs (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Wi-Fi)
- Geo-fencing and multi-cat tracking using only one account
- Intuitive mobile app/coverage in 171 countries around the world
- Price: $63.00
- Shipping: $
- Price: $69.95
- Shipping: $
Pawtrack is a GPS collar primarily designed for cats. It takes the location of your pet every 6 seconds, stores the data inside the collar, and uploads it automatically so that you can view it through your app or personal account. It comes in 3 different sizes with 4 tracking levels and is capable of tracking multiple cats.
GPS Pet Tracker
Pawtrack comes in small (18-22cm), medium (23-26cm), and large (27-30cm) sizes and can be further adjusted for optimal comfort. It weighs only 35g and the GPS antenna is positioned at the back so it always faces the sky. It features different indicator lights that inform you of the collar’s current status. Pawtrack is designed to release automatically under a force of 15kg.
Pawtrack comes in: - Small (18-22cm); - Medium (23-26cm); - Large (27-30cm).
Suitable For Cats
Pawtrack is made of durable plastic and strong webbing that ensure the optimal durability of the collar without hindering your cat’s habits and routines. The collar is water-resistant, which means it can handle rain and water splashes.
Key Tracking Features
Pawtrack has the following tracking features:
- The collar combines GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Wi-Fi, and beacon tracking, providing pet owners with one of the most accurate GPS positioning mechanisms on the market;
- The GPS antenna is always pointed toward the sky for easier signal pickup;
- Geo-fencing allows you to set borders around your home or any other relevant area and receive notifications the moment your pet leaves the perimeter or comes back;
- Pawtrack is also capable of tracking multiple cats.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Pawtrack tracks your pet's daily activity. You can access the tracking history using:
- Playback – Replays time-stamped positions and gives you information about your cat’s whereabouts at any given moment;
- Path – Creates a lined route of your pet’s movement;
- Heatmap – Reveals your cat’s favorite hiding places by marking regularly visited areas with red indicators.
Pawtrack does not come with training assistance.
Pawtrack allows you to download permanent activity records as a CSV file sent to your specified email address.
Pawtrack does not have any range limitations, according to the official website.
Around 2 days
The Pawtrack app is user-friendly and displays the current location of your cat in a clear way. It allows you to manage your geo-fences, notifications, and other important options as well as observe tracking history using the Playback, Path or Heatmap features. The app lets you share your pet’s daily activities with your friends and download the activity file for any given period. It is available for both Android (4.2 and up) and iOS (6.0 and up).
Pawtrack relies on GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks.
Pawtrack currently covers 171 countries around the world and supports a wide variety of mobile operators.
£49.99 (around $63)
Shipping and Delivery
Pawtrack comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee. You can contact the customer support staff for further instructions.
Pawtrack comes with a 12-month warranty.
FitBark 2 is a compact and lightweight health and activity monitor with a memory capacity to store 100 days of minute-bu-minute tracking. It utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to sync with your Android or iOS device (5.0+ and 10+, respectively) and has 6 months of battery life. Since it doesn't need any cellular networks, FitBark 2 can be used anywhere in the world without any monthly fees. The max communication range is 30ft and you can also sync it with your vet's phone ot tablet. The charging time is 90 minutes.
Health And Activity Monitor
FitBark 2 is made in the shape of a tiny, stylish bone and can be carried by dogs of all sizes. The housing is made of high-impact polycarbonate that makes it very resistant to physical trauma. The bottom of the unit is reserved for a micro USB prot with a protective cap. The device can be attached to any collar with less than 1.18" in width using the provided zip ties. The covers are removable and you can order them separately in different colors. The default one is black. The front of the device features LED indicator lights that shouldn't illuminate during normal operation. FitBark 2 weighs only 0.35oz.
FitBark 2 only comes in one size - 1.6” x 0.5” x 1.1”
Suitable For Cats
FitBark 2 is made of high-impact polycarbonite, which makes it highly resistant to dog bites and other types of outside trauma. It should function without any problems for at least a couple of years bnut overly active pets could potentially break it before that time.
Key Tracking Features
FitBark 2 doesn't feature any type of tracking mechanisms.
Pet Activity Monitoring
FitBark 2 features a 3D accelerometer, a cutting-edge technology that allows for precise minute-by-minute tracking, which includes activity, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep quality, and overall health and behavior.
FitBark 2 does not provide training assistance.
FitBark 2 is also compatible with human activity monitors, including Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple HealthKit devices. It aqlso features a removable cover, which allows you to change the color of the unit to match your dog's personality.
Up to 6 moths
FitBark comes with an app compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 10+
FitBark 2 utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to your smartphone or tablet.
FitBark 2 works anywhere in the world.
Shipping and Delivery
FitBark can be shipped worldwide. You can opt between free and DHL paid shipping options.
FitBark 2 comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
FitBark 2 comes with a limited 1-year warranty
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Susan Haughey on 10/14/2019I highly recommend this collar. I don’t want any of my cats to be outside but I have two that are like caged wild animals if confined. There are just some cats, I feel, that are not indoor type. The size of the collar has trimmed significantly and is not bulky anymore. I have the app on my phone and yes, sometimes it will say the collar may be busy and you won’t get a reading but you just tap the location button again and most times locates the cat. I’d like to post pics but this review site doesn’t seem to give the option. This collar will truly give you some peace of mind if you have an outdoor cat.
- Submitted By Shannon on 06/10/2019I ordered this in January. I couldn't get it to pick up the GPS signal. I tried in multiple locations at different times. After 2 months, it wouldn't charge so I can't even keep trying it. Just went into the app and now it won't open. Keeps kicking me out. Waste of money. Very difficult to get assistance.
- Submitted By Jerry London on 06/11/2019Great little collar that lets me find the little rascal wherever he hides. Now I know all his favorite hidey holes so whenever he vanishes I know where to check.
- Submitted By Dana Thompson on 01/17/2019Really happy with the collar but the batteries tend to run out pretty quickly if you don’t have all the power saving options turned on.
- Submitted By Clyde Hanson on 11/28/2019I wasn’t aware that this is not a pet tracker but instead an activity monitor for you and your dog which wasn’t the point and I really needed to keep track of my dog and make sure he is safe. However I got used to its awesome features and now I’m thrilled I made the mistake. It’s fun doing all the stuff you like with your dog while having records of it in case you decide to switch up the routine and compare it with your previous results to see which regime produces better results.
- Submitted By Darrell Wells on 09/11/2019I like to keep records and track progress so the fact that FitBark stores data from 100 days back is something that made this purchase happen and I really like that it doesn’t relly on mobile networks so it can work anywhere we travel. But what I like the most and I found that after I bought it is that you can set goals depending on how active and old your dog is. Right now we are on the active level but I’m hoping to reach the olympian soon.
- Submitted By Maria Flores on 08/20/2019I’m a great dane and a Chihuahua mom so I can confirm that this device can fit on any dog. It is easily adjustable to their collars and so far it withstood a couple of bites successfully. We are an active family so it is important for us to keep records and track everything we do. Also I like the fact that it is waterproof but I tend to take it off for as a precaution. I would prefer that it takes less time to charge but considering the battery lasts for almost 6 months it’s not that much.
- Submitted By Leonard Robertson on 06/20/2019I didn’t buy this device to work as a pet tracker but to be able to track my dog’s activity along with my own and make sure both of us get enough exercise. My job doesn’t allow much movement and unfortunately, my dog is often left at home during my work hours so making up for that is extremely important for me and him. I also like that it uses Bluetooth connection instead relying on mobile or wifi connection. The range is not that big but it works for me.
Pawtrack is a durable and modern pet tracker primarily designed for cats, but it can also be used for smaller dogs. Its rugged and sleek design, 4 different tracking technologies, and numerous advanced features give it a considerable edge over the competition. Learn all about its capabilities in this Pawtrack review.