Gibi 2nd Gen VS Kippy Vita S
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
This detailed Kippy Vita S vs. Gibi 2nd Gen comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust Kippy Vita S or Gibi 2nd Gen with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
Innovative GPS pet tracker & activity monitor
Simple, Fast & Accurate GPS Pet Tracker
Kippy Vita S is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for your dog or cat. Relying on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies, it lets you track your pet’s position at all times.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
Gibi 2nd Gen is a GPS pet tracker that works throughout North America, over any distance within cellular coverage. It is small, light, durable, waterproof, highly accurate, and user-friendly.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
Kippy Vita is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for cats and dogs that relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies in order to pinpoint your pet's exact location when lost or stolen and monitor his or her activity levels, keeping track of their running, walking, and sleeping habits, with all of the information relayed through the dedicated app.
GPS Pet Tracker And Activity Monitor
Kippy Vita is square and sleek in design. It is made of steel and extra-grip Velcro. It measures 6 x 3,5 x 2 cm (2,4'' x 1,4'' x 0,8'') and weighs 50gr (1,76oz). The tracker is best-suited for pets that weigh over 4kg (8,8lb) and it could prove too bulky for smaller pets. The device comes in three different colors, including dark beige, lime green, and baby pink. It easily attaches to the pet's already existing collar and harness by using the provided Velcro band strip.
Kippy Vita pet tracker and activity monitor comes in one size. It is best suited for pets over 4kg (8,8lb).
Suitable For Cats
Kippy Vita is made of steel and has an anti-shock ABS body that makes it resistant to impact, promising high durability. However, the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. The device is water resistant, but it is recommended not to soak it in water for a long period of time.
Key Tracking Features
Kippy Vita offers several tracking features, including:
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Kippy Vita allows pet owners to monitor various activity levels for their pets. The activities include sleeping, walking, running, playing, relaxing, and even calorie burning. The device collects activity data every 60 minutes and sends the information directly to the Kippy Vita app. Setting goals for pets to achieve is also possible. Thanks to the Vita feature, pet owners can stay up to date with their pets' activity status and receive messages according to the activities detected by the tracker.
Kippy Vita does not provide training assistance.
Kippy Vita does not provide any additional features.
Kippy Vita's communication range is anywhere from 300m to 2km (985ft to 1.2mi).
Kippy Vita comes with its own dedicated app. It is compatible with both Android (4.4+) and iOS (8.0+) smartphones. A web app is also available for laptop and PC users. The app allows for live tracking through an interactive map, geo-fencing notifications, and daily activity updates. It also provides location history and battery status. In addition, it stores messages received from your pet through the Vita Messaging system.
Kippy Vita relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies to track your pet's movements. When the GPS signal is weakened, the device will turn to LBS, which will communicate directly with the cellular towers in your area in order to locate your pet.
Kippy Vita works in most of Europe, Turkey, India, and South Africa.
Kippy Vita costs €49.99 ($56). The subscriptions cost: - BASIC (monthly) - €7.99 ($8,97) p/month; - PREMIUM (annual) - €59.99 ($67,4) / €4.99 ($5,5) p/month; - ULTIMATE (2 years) - €99.99 ($112) / €4.16 ($4,67) per month.
Shipping and Delivery
With Kippy VIta, shipping charges vary depending on location.
Kippy Vita comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Kippy Vita comes with a 2-year warranty.
Gibi 2nd Gen is a durable and reliable GPS pet tracker that is accurate within 10 feet, works throughout North America, offers 30-second location updates, and allows you to create multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet.
GPS Pet Tracker
Gibi 2nd Gen tracking unit is white and cuboid-shaped. On the front side of the device, there is a black Gibi logo, an ON/OFF button, and a power/battery status light. The tracker measures 2.75’’ x 1.25’’ x 0.5’’ (HWD). It is easily attached to the pet’s existing collar or harness with the use of an attachment clip provided in the package.
Gibi 2nd Gen only comes in one size and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Gibi 2nd Gen is resistant to impact, protected from contact with harmful solid particles such as dust, and waterproof up to 3 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. All these characteristics make it highly durable, allowing it to last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The range of essential tracking features available with Gibi 2nd Gen includes:
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Gibi 2nd Gen does not monitor pet activity.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide training assistance.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide any extra features apart from:
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
Gibi 2nd Gen can work over any distance, as long as there is a cellular network available.
6 to 7 US quarters (1.2-1.4 ounces)
2-3 days with normal use
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a free smartphone app compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS. The device allows you to track your pet via Google Maps, custom-define safe zones, share alerts with friends and family, and modify settings including alerts and location refresh rate.
Gibi 2nd Gen uses GPS to determine the pet's location and relies on cellular technology for communication.
Gibi 2nd Gen works throughout North America, including the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Device: $129.99; Service plan: $9.99 per month with the monthly subscription, $8.25 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with free shipping throughout the US.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a 90-day limited warranty that does not cover damages caused by improper use.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.