Gibi 2nd Gen VS PetPace
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between PetPace and Gibi 2nd Gen, our comprehensive PetPace vs. Gibi 2nd Gen comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Best For Older And At-Risk Pets
Simple, Fast & Accurate GPS Pet Tracker
PetPace is a modern pet health and activity monitor that utilizes the latest technologies to track important vital signs as well as physiological and behavioral changes and abnormalities.
- Tracks heart rate, temperature, respiration, and calories
- Adjustable comfortable strap that fits all pets over 8 lb
- IP-x7 water resistance; LED indicators; long battery life
- Price: $159.95
- Shipping: $
Gibi 2nd Gen is a GPS pet tracker that works throughout North America, over any distance within cellular coverage. It is small, light, durable, waterproof, highly accurate, and user-friendly.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
PetPace is a wireless, low-power smart collar that provides owners with valuable information about their pets' vital signs as well as numerous psychological and behavioral parameters and uploads the data to a cloud-based analytical engine, which evaluates the received information in order to point out any potential abnormalities. It monitors temperature, pulse, respiration, activity levels, calories, positions, and heart-rate variations. It is especially helpful with older or at-risk pets.
Health And Activity Monitor
PetPace features its own collar that comes in 3 different sizes, which means it can fit any pet weighing over 8lb. The electronic case measures 1.57" x 1.27" x 0.59" and weighs only 1.5oz. It features a prominent on/off button paired with an LED indicator. Apart from the collar, PetPace also comes with a home base called the "gateway" that measures 3.07" x 2.11" x 2", weighs 2.18oz, and features 3 LED indicator lights.
The PetPace collar comes in three options: - Cat/small dog - Weight: 8 – 22lb; neck circumference: 8 – 12″ - Medium dog - Weight: 22 – 62lb; neck circumference: 10.5 – 18” - Large dog – Weight: 62+lb; neck circumference: 16 – 24.5” "
Suitable For Cats
The PetPace collar is made of heavy-duty plastic, but the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. Its waterproof rating is set at IP-X7, which means it can withstand rain, accidental water splashes, and submersion in water up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes. The device has not been tested against dust and sand. If your pet is not overly aggressive toward his or her accessories and does not go for prolonged swims, PetPace should last for at least a couple of years.
Key Tracking Features
PetPace does not track your pet's location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PetPace allows you to set activity goals for your pets and monitor activity levels 24/7. By keeping an eye on their established habits throughout the day (eating, drinking, sleeping...), the device is able to detect any changes in activity patterns and provide you and your vet with important insights into your pet's current health status and indicate certain diseases in their early stages. PetPace can also help monitor your pet's activity during recovery from a disease or surgery.
PetPace does not provide training assistance.
PetPace does not provide any additional features.
The maximum communication range between the home base and the collar is 1,000 feet (without any physical obstacles).
The collar: 1.5oz; the home base: 2.18oz
PetPace comes with a dedicated app compatible with Android 4.4+ and iOS 8.2+. It allows you to monitor your pet's activity and vital signs in real-time and receive alerts the moment any abnormality is detected. The app is free of charge and the latest update also introduces the option of logging significant events in your pet's life on a daily basis.
The PetPace home base uses ethernet 1-/100 T and requires an open ethernet port in order to communicate with the collar.
PetPace can work anywhere on the globe.
Pet Starter - $159.95; Pet - $199.95; Pet Plus - $245.95; Pet Platinum - $349.95
Shipping and Delivery
PetPace is currently available in the US, the UK, and Canada. It comes with free shipping.
PetPace comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PetPace comes with a 1-year warranty.
Gibi 2nd Gen is a durable and reliable GPS pet tracker that is accurate within 10 feet, works throughout North America, offers 30-second location updates, and allows you to create multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet.
GPS Pet Tracker
Gibi 2nd Gen tracking unit is white and cuboid-shaped. On the front side of the device, there is a black Gibi logo, an ON/OFF button, and a power/battery status light. The tracker measures 2.75’’ x 1.25’’ x 0.5’’ (HWD). It is easily attached to the pet’s existing collar or harness with the use of an attachment clip provided in the package.
Gibi 2nd Gen only comes in one size and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Gibi 2nd Gen is resistant to impact, protected from contact with harmful solid particles such as dust, and waterproof up to 3 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. All these characteristics make it highly durable, allowing it to last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The range of essential tracking features available with Gibi 2nd Gen includes:
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Gibi 2nd Gen does not monitor pet activity.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide training assistance.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide any extra features apart from:
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
Gibi 2nd Gen can work over any distance, as long as there is a cellular network available.
6 to 7 US quarters (1.2-1.4 ounces)
2-3 days with normal use
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a free smartphone app compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS. The device allows you to track your pet via Google Maps, custom-define safe zones, share alerts with friends and family, and modify settings including alerts and location refresh rate.
Gibi 2nd Gen uses GPS to determine the pet's location and relies on cellular technology for communication.
Gibi 2nd Gen works throughout North America, including the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Device: $129.99; Service plan: $9.99 per month with the monthly subscription, $8.25 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with free shipping throughout the US.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a 90-day limited warranty that does not cover damages caused by improper use.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Clinton Bryant on 10/20/2019This collar is so easy to use and set up on your phone. I’m not a tech wizard or anything but it was easy even for me. I think lots of pet owners have trouble with setting up devices and keeping track of the data. I like that I don’t have to read the data myself but I get notified if anything goes wrong. I know it’s not nice to say but it is better to have someone who is qualified to inform of any potential issues instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.
- Submitted By Lynn Massey on 08/04/2019The only thing I would change on this product is the fact that I don’t have insight into all the data collected from my pet. Instead, I only get alerts in case something goes wrong or is out of the ordinary. Other than that I’m really satisfied to have a device that monitors my dog’s vital functions considering he ‘s really old and has too many health issues. The tracker is connected to the app which is free and it is supported by android and ios. My husband has samsung, I’m on the iphone and you can keep a record of everything from your dog’s walks to his visits to the wet.
- Submitted By Alyssa Richards on 04/20/2019PetPace is absolutely amazing! It gives me a sense of comfort to know that if anything happens to my dog I’ll be aware of it. I have a husky who is almost 16 years old and health hazard increased in the last couple of years dramatically. She had problems with her hips and liver and now she really has trouble with everything. I feel safe knowing that if I’ll get notified in case of any unusual activity so I could react in time.
- Submitted By Lois Maldonado on 01/20/2019I didn’t do my research very well so I taught that next to tracking my dog’s health status I could also track his movements. However, that’s not the case. This device serves to keep your pet’s health in check but offers nothing in regards to monitoring its movements. I have an old dog and this tracker did make sense since I want to know if anything goes wrong but I’d still wanted to know where his at at all times.
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
Gibi 2nd Gen is a well-designed GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats. It allows for near-real-time tracking and boasts great coverage, communication range, and accuracy. Not only that, but it is highly durable, lightweight, and resistant to water. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Gibi 2nd Gen review.