Kippy Vita S VS DOTT Pet Tracker
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
DOTT Pet Tracker and Kippy Vita S may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This DOTT Pet Tracker vs. Kippy Vita S comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Affordable community-based pet tracker
Innovative GPS pet tracker & activity monitor
Relying on the support from the DOTT app user community, DOTT The Smart Dog Tag is a Bluetooth pet tracker that maximizes the chances of finding lost pets and serves as an all-in-one pet care solution.
- Small and lightweight; water-resistant and shatterproof
- Virtual leash informs you when your pet wanders off too far
- Keep a record of your pet’s activities (walks, food, and more)
- Price: $40.00
- Shipping: $
Kippy Vita S is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for your dog or cat. Relying on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies, it lets you track your pet’s position at all times.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
DOTT is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that provides basic location tracking features. It comes in the form of a small tag that can be attached to any collar and sends information to pet owners via a dedicated app. Anyone can download the app to help locate lost pets - the more DOTT app users in your area, the bigger your chances of finding your dog or cat. DOTT also allows you to keep a record of your pet's activities, including walks, food intake, medications, and more.
Bluetooth Pet Tracker
DOTT pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round plastic tag. It is white and has a blue button in the center. There is only one color variation available. Measuring 0.6 inches in radius (1.52 cm) and weighing only 0.25 oz. (7 grams), the tag can be attached to any type of collar with the metal ring attachment that comes with the device. The tag is laser engravable.
DOTT pet tracker comes in one size and can be attached to any collar. It is suitable for pets of all sizes.
Suitable For Cats
DOTT is an inexpensive pet tracker that is water resistant and shatterproof. It should last for at least a couple of years.
Key Tracking Features
DOTT pet tracker comes with the following features:
- Location tracking within the range of 350 feet;
- Community location tracking with notifications sent to the owner’s phone when the pet is found by another DOTT app user;
- Virtual Leash that allows the user to set up a mobile safe zone for his or her pet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
DOTT tracker does not monitor pet activity.
DOTT pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Additional features available with the DOTT app include:
- Health journal, which allows you to keep track of your pet’s walks, potty breaks, food intake, and medication;
- Sharing responsibilities with multiple caretakers with regular status updates related to pet care.
350 feet in all directions
0.25 oz. (7 grams)
6 to 9 months (disposable, not rechargeable)
The DOTTpet app helps pet owners locate lost pets, set up a virtual safe zone, and keep a record of their pets' walks, food intake, potty breaks, and medication.
DOTT pet tracker relies on Bluetooth technology.
Given the fact that DOTT pet tracker relies on Bluetooth technology and does not require any external services to work, it can be used anywhere on the globe. However, the usefulness of this device depends on the number of people who use the DOTTpet app in the surrounding area.
About 40 USD on Amazon
Shipping and Delivery
Free shipping is provided in the USA.
DOTT pet tracker does not come with a money-back guarantee.
DOTT pet tracker comes with a 1-month warranty.
Kippy Vita is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for cats and dogs that relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies in order to pinpoint your pet's exact location when lost or stolen and monitor his or her activity levels, keeping track of their running, walking, and sleeping habits, with all of the information relayed through the dedicated app.
GPS Pet Tracker And Activity Monitor
Kippy Vita is square and sleek in design. It is made of steel and extra-grip Velcro. It measures 6 x 3,5 x 2 cm (2,4'' x 1,4'' x 0,8'') and weighs 50gr (1,76oz). The tracker is best-suited for pets that weigh over 4kg (8,8lb) and it could prove too bulky for smaller pets. The device comes in three different colors, including dark beige, lime green, and baby pink. It easily attaches to the pet's already existing collar and harness by using the provided Velcro band strip.
Kippy Vita pet tracker and activity monitor comes in one size. It is best suited for pets over 4kg (8,8lb).
Suitable For Cats
Kippy Vita is made of steel and has an anti-shock ABS body that makes it resistant to impact, promising high durability. However, the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. The device is water resistant, but it is recommended not to soak it in water for a long period of time.
Key Tracking Features
Kippy Vita offers several tracking features, including:
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Kippy Vita allows pet owners to monitor various activity levels for their pets. The activities include sleeping, walking, running, playing, relaxing, and even calorie burning. The device collects activity data every 60 minutes and sends the information directly to the Kippy Vita app. Setting goals for pets to achieve is also possible. Thanks to the Vita feature, pet owners can stay up to date with their pets' activity status and receive messages according to the activities detected by the tracker.
Kippy Vita does not provide training assistance.
Kippy Vita does not provide any additional features.
Kippy Vita's communication range is anywhere from 300m to 2km (985ft to 1.2mi).
Kippy Vita comes with its own dedicated app. It is compatible with both Android (4.4+) and iOS (8.0+) smartphones. A web app is also available for laptop and PC users. The app allows for live tracking through an interactive map, geo-fencing notifications, and daily activity updates. It also provides location history and battery status. In addition, it stores messages received from your pet through the Vita Messaging system.
Kippy Vita relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies to track your pet's movements. When the GPS signal is weakened, the device will turn to LBS, which will communicate directly with the cellular towers in your area in order to locate your pet.
Kippy Vita works in most of Europe, Turkey, India, and South Africa.
Kippy Vita costs €49.99 ($56). The subscriptions cost: - BASIC (monthly) - €7.99 ($8,97) p/month; - PREMIUM (annual) - €59.99 ($67,4) / €4.99 ($5,5) p/month; - ULTIMATE (2 years) - €99.99 ($112) / €4.16 ($4,67) per month.
Shipping and Delivery
With Kippy VIta, shipping charges vary depending on location.
Kippy Vita comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Kippy Vita comes with a 2-year warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jack Green on 03/20/2019This device will only give you in and out of range alerts. It doesn’t give you the exact location of your pet, just notifies you when your pet is within range.
- Submitted By Gary Adams on 01/20/2019Good concept but still in the early stage. I bought this because I saw it had many positive reviews and it was a reasonable price. However, I don’t know how useful it is when you need to locate a lost pet.
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.