While both PetTracer and Kippy Vita S can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough PetTracer vs. Kippy Vita S comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- Durable construction with a one-click release function
- Lightweight design with an adjustable strap and LED light
- Up to 30 days of battery life depending on your cat's activity
- Price: $119.00
- Shipping: $
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
- High-sensitivity GPS antenna, which enables you to monitor the current location of your pet through your personal PetTracer account. The digital map will show you his or her routes in the form of a line or heat signature;
- Radio-frequency direction finder, which is a rare piece of technology that allows you to track your cat indoors where GPS cannot access;
- If you are tracking multiple cats, their movements will be marked by different customizable colors.
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By tony kelly on 11/17/2019This is my first time using a cat tracker and as far as im concerned its really good. the collar is light and slightly soft and can fir cats with small necks,mine is 1 year and 2 months old and fits him just right if i tighten the strap. nothing is perfect with gadgets and only thing it needs is an app which they said is due out next year,however it works find using their web portal and i saved link to homescreen on my smartphone. i had trouble setting it up at first and support messaged me via facebook messenger on a saturday afternoon and we sorted it all out. its very light and battery lasts ok not tested it fully yet and ive had it on fast all the time. it does the job and im happy knowing where my cat is all the time.only downside is the subscription your tied into for one year. at 12.99 monthly from,.,it sounds expensive.but thats ok. def worth it though
- Submitted By Ingrid 115 on 05/27/2019No app but you can look at the results on your account. The collar is not as sleek as it looked in the pictures but it works and does a decent job.
- Submitted By Mario Schwarz on 02/14/2019Ok tracker for the price I guess but nothing special.
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.