DOTT Pet Tracker and LINK AKC are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this DOTT Pet Tracker vs. LINK AKC review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small and lightweight; water-resistant and shatterproof
- Virtual leash informs you when your pet wanders off too far
- Keep a record of your pet’s activities (walks, food, and more)
- Price: $40.00
- Shipping: $
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
- Location tracking within the range of 350 feet;
- Community location tracking with notifications sent to the owner’s phone when the pet is found by another DOTT app user;
- Virtual Leash that allows the user to set up a mobile safe zone for his or her pet.
- Health journal, which allows you to keep track of your pet’s walks, potty breaks, food intake, and medication;
- Sharing responsibilities with multiple caretakers with regular status updates related to pet care.
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jack Green on 03/20/2019This device will only give you in and out of range alerts. It doesn’t give you the exact location of your pet, just notifies you when your pet is within range.
- Submitted By Gary Adams on 01/20/2019Good concept but still in the early stage. I bought this because I saw it had many positive reviews and it was a reasonable price. However, I don’t know how useful it is when you need to locate a lost pet.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.