If you are stuck choosing between FitBark 2 and LINK AKC, our comprehensive FitBark 2 vs. LINK AKC comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
- Price: $69.95
- Shipping: $
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Clyde Hanson on 11/28/2019I wasn’t aware that this is not a pet tracker but instead an activity monitor for you and your dog which wasn’t the point and I really needed to keep track of my dog and make sure he is safe. However I got used to its awesome features and now I’m thrilled I made the mistake. It’s fun doing all the stuff you like with your dog while having records of it in case you decide to switch up the routine and compare it with your previous results to see which regime produces better results.
- Submitted By Darrell Wells on 09/11/2019I like to keep records and track progress so the fact that FitBark stores data from 100 days back is something that made this purchase happen and I really like that it doesn’t relly on mobile networks so it can work anywhere we travel. But what I like the most and I found that after I bought it is that you can set goals depending on how active and old your dog is. Right now we are on the active level but I’m hoping to reach the olympian soon.
- Submitted By Maria Flores on 08/20/2019I’m a great dane and a Chihuahua mom so I can confirm that this device can fit on any dog. It is easily adjustable to their collars and so far it withstood a couple of bites successfully. We are an active family so it is important for us to keep records and track everything we do. Also I like the fact that it is waterproof but I tend to take it off for as a precaution. I would prefer that it takes less time to charge but considering the battery lasts for almost 6 months it’s not that much.
- Submitted By Leonard Robertson on 06/20/2019I didn’t buy this device to work as a pet tracker but to be able to track my dog’s activity along with my own and make sure both of us get enough exercise. My job doesn’t allow much movement and unfortunately, my dog is often left at home during my work hours so making up for that is extremely important for me and him. I also like that it uses Bluetooth connection instead relying on mobile or wifi connection. The range is not that big but it works for me.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.