LINK AKC VS Gibi 2nd Gen
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
While both LINK AKC and Gibi 2nd Gen can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough LINK AKC VS Gibi 2nd Gen comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
Simple, Fast & Accurate GPS Pet Tracker
Stylish & Reliable GPS Tracking Smart Collar
Gibi 2nd Gen is a GPS pet tracker that works throughout North America, over any distance within cellular coverage. It is small, light, durable, waterproof, highly accurate, and user-friendly.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
LINK AKC smart collar is an award-winning GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s activity, location, health, and wellness. It works anywhere in the US within AT&T cellular coverage.
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
Gibi 2nd Gen is a durable and reliable GPS pet tracker that is accurate within 10 feet, works throughout North America, offers 30-second location updates, and allows you to create multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet.
GPS Pet Tracker
Gibi 2nd Gen tracking unit is white and cuboid-shaped. On the front side of the device, there is a black Gibi logo, an ON/OFF button, and a power/battery status light. The tracker measures 2.75’’ x 1.25’’ x 0.5’’ (HWD). It is easily attached to the pet’s existing collar or harness with the use of an attachment clip provided in the package.
Gibi 2nd Gen only comes in one size and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Gibi 2nd Gen is resistant to impact, protected from contact with harmful solid particles such as dust, and waterproof up to 3 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. All these characteristics make it highly durable, allowing it to last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The range of essential tracking features available with Gibi 2nd Gen includes:
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Gibi 2nd Gen does not monitor pet activity.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide training assistance.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not provide any extra features apart from:
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
Gibi 2nd Gen can work over any distance, as long as there is a cellular network available.
6 to 7 US quarters (1.2-1.4 ounces)
2-3 days with normal use
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a free smartphone app compatible with the latest versions of Android and iOS. The device allows you to track your pet via Google Maps, custom-define safe zones, share alerts with friends and family, and modify settings including alerts and location refresh rate.
Gibi 2nd Gen uses GPS to determine the pet's location and relies on cellular technology for communication.
Gibi 2nd Gen works throughout North America, including the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Device: $129.99; Service plan: $9.99 per month with the monthly subscription, $8.25 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with free shipping throughout the US.
Gibi 2nd Gen does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Gibi 2nd Gen comes with a 90-day limited warranty that does not cover damages caused by improper use.
LINK AKC is an award-winning GPS pet tracker that allows you to keep track of your pet’s location, activity levels, health, and wellness. It works anywhere in the US within AT&T cellular coverage and comes with sound training assistance included.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
LINK AKC pet tracking system includes a stylish leather or reflective nylon collar, a collar carrier in the form of a sleeve, a curved tracking unit, and a base station. All elements come in different color schemes, including combinations of light gray and black, white, and leather. The tracking unit measures 1.5’’ in height by 3.9’’ in width by 0.5’’ in depth, it clips into the carrier, and it can be removed by pushing the spring-release button.
LINK AKC smart collar comes in 3 sizes: XS/S, with neck fit of 8 to 11 inches, M, with neck fit of 11 to 17 inches, and L/XL, with neck fit of 17 to 29 inches.
Suitable For Cats
LINK AKC pet tracker can withstand immersion of up to 3 feet, it is impact resistant, and both the tracking unit and the collar are made of highly durable materials. The carrier may be more easily damaged than the other elements of the system, but it is not easy to break. The device comes with a rechargeable battery, which sets its overall lifespan at several years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
LINK AKC makes it easy to track your pet’s location with:
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
Pet Activity Monitoring
LINK AKC comes with an impressive set of activity monitoring tools, including:
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
LINK AKC provides training assistance with the use of a clicker-like sound feature embedded in the tracking unit. The sound feature can be remotely activated via LINK AKC smartphone app.
LINK AKC offers several useful extra features, including:
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
LINK AKC works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
2.55 oz. with the carrier (collar weight not included)
Up to 3 days, significantly decreased with GPS on
LINK AKC smartphone app is compatible with Bluetooth-enabled Android and iOS phones, including Android 5.0+ and iOS 9.0+. It can be used to track up to 10 pets. It allows you to access all location tracking information and daily and historical activity records, provides near-instant alerts when your pet leaves the safe zone, and lets you create adventures/virtual scrapbooks, define a custom range for the safe zone around your phone, and remotely activate the clicker-like sound on the tracking unit.
LINK AKC pet tracker employs cellular GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth to keep track of your pet’s location. Bluetooth connection is used when your pet is within the safe zone. If your pet leaves the safe zone, you can track his or her location via GPS.
Throughout the US (within AT&T cell coverage)
The device - regular price: $129; current price: $99; the service plan - $9.95/month with the monthly subscription, $7.95/month with the yearly subscription, $6.95 with the 2-year subscription
Shipping and Delivery
All LINK AKC orders come with free shipping within the US.
LINK AKC comes with a 90-day risk-free guarantee. You can return the product within 90 days and receive a full product purchase price refund. Used service plan time is not refundable.
LINK AKC comes with a 3-year warranty. The warranty covers malfunctions that are not caused by improper use. The device also comes with a 1-year size guarantee, which allows you to exchange your device for a different size in case it does not fit or your pet outgrows it.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.