While both LINK AKC and Gibi 2nd Gen can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough LINK AKC VS Gibi 2nd Gen comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.