This detailed Kippy Vita S vs. LINK AKC comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust Kippy Vita S or LINK AKC with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.