LINK AKC VS Nuzzle
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Nuzzle and LINK AKC may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Nuzzle VS LINK AKC comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
No-Fee Cellular GPS Pet Tracker
Stylish & Reliable GPS Tracking Smart Collar
Nuzzle smart collar is a no-fee GPS tracker for dogs and cats characterized by above-average accuracy. It provides both location tracking and activity monitoring and works all over North America.
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
LINK AKC smart collar is an award-winning GPS pet tracker that allows you to track your pet’s activity, location, health, and wellness. It works anywhere in the US within AT&T cellular coverage.
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
Nuzzle smart collar is a cellular GPS pet tracker that comes with no monthly fees, offers great accuracy, works throughout North America, over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage, and offers a number of useful location and activity tracking features.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
The Nuzzle collar is available in 2 versions – large and small. The small collar is made of waterproof TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) while the large collar is made of heavy-duty nylon. Both the large and small collar come in 2 colors – orange and purple. The tracking unit is made of matte black plastic and comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. The tracking unit can be used with the Nuzzle collar or attached to the pet’s existing collar using the custom connector provided in the package.
The Nuzzle collar comes in 2 sizes: small and large. The small collar is 0.625’’ wide and fits neck circumference of 8’’ to 11’’ while the large collar measures 1’’ in width and fits neck circumference of 14’’ to 22’’. The tracking unit comes in only 1 size and measures 0.75’’ x 2.25’’ x 1.25’’ (HWD).
Suitable For Cats
Nuzzle is highly resistant to water (IPX8 rating) and both the collar and the tracking unit are made of durable materials. Depending on the pet's level of activity and use frequency, the collar and attachment mechanism may suffer slight damages with prolonged use, without diminishing the functionality of the device. The tracking unit does not have a specific lifespan and should last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The most important location tracking features available with Nuzzle include:
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Nuzzle allows you to keep track of your pet’s activity with:
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
Nuzzle does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with the Nuzzle smart collar include:
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Nuzzle works over any distance within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage
Less than 1 oz., 1.45 oz. with the attachment clip
Up to 4 days, 10-12 hours with the highest power use
The Nuzzle app works on both iOS and Android mobile devices. It is compatible with iPhone 4s or later, the 3rd and 4th generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and Android 4.1+. The app allows you to create and edit your pet’s profile and add notes such as vet records and medication reminders. It provides insight into the pet’s current location and route, past routes, and daily and weekly activity records. It further provides activity, temperature, and battery notifications, as well as alerts when the pet leaves or enters the safe zone. It can be used to remotely activate the night light on the tracking unit. The app allows you to track up to 5 pets with a single account. There is no limit on the number of individuals who can use the app with 1 account.
Nuzzle employs GPS technology for tracking outside the safe zone, Bluetooth technology within the safe zone, and cellular technology for communication between the tracking unit and the pet guardian's smartphone.
Nuzzle works in all 50 US states, Mexico, and Canada, within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage.
Shipping and Delivery
Nuzzle comes with free shipping throughout North America.
Nuzzle comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee. You can return the device within 15 days from the delivery date in order to receive a full refund. Furthermore, you can exchange the collar for a different size within the first 15 days after delivery.
Nuzzle comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The warranty covers all elements of the tracking system, including the tracker and accessories. It does not cover lost devices or damage caused by improper use. The warranty does not apply to the functionality of the tracking system.
LINK AKC is an award-winning GPS pet tracker that allows you to keep track of your pet’s location, activity levels, health, and wellness. It works anywhere in the US within AT&T cellular coverage and comes with sound training assistance included.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
LINK AKC pet tracking system includes a stylish leather or reflective nylon collar, a collar carrier in the form of a sleeve, a curved tracking unit, and a base station. All elements come in different color schemes, including combinations of light gray and black, white, and leather. The tracking unit measures 1.5’’ in height by 3.9’’ in width by 0.5’’ in depth, it clips into the carrier, and it can be removed by pushing the spring-release button.
LINK AKC smart collar comes in 3 sizes: XS/S, with neck fit of 8 to 11 inches, M, with neck fit of 11 to 17 inches, and L/XL, with neck fit of 17 to 29 inches.
Suitable For Cats
LINK AKC pet tracker can withstand immersion of up to 3 feet, it is impact resistant, and both the tracking unit and the collar are made of highly durable materials. The carrier may be more easily damaged than the other elements of the system, but it is not easy to break. The device comes with a rechargeable battery, which sets its overall lifespan at several years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
LINK AKC makes it easy to track your pet’s location with:
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
Pet Activity Monitoring
LINK AKC comes with an impressive set of activity monitoring tools, including:
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
LINK AKC provides training assistance with the use of a clicker-like sound feature embedded in the tracking unit. The sound feature can be remotely activated via LINK AKC smartphone app.
LINK AKC offers several useful extra features, including:
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
LINK AKC works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
2.55 oz. with the carrier (collar weight not included)
Up to 3 days, significantly decreased with GPS on
LINK AKC smartphone app is compatible with Bluetooth-enabled Android and iOS phones, including Android 5.0+ and iOS 9.0+. It can be used to track up to 10 pets. It allows you to access all location tracking information and daily and historical activity records, provides near-instant alerts when your pet leaves the safe zone, and lets you create adventures/virtual scrapbooks, define a custom range for the safe zone around your phone, and remotely activate the clicker-like sound on the tracking unit.
LINK AKC pet tracker employs cellular GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth to keep track of your pet’s location. Bluetooth connection is used when your pet is within the safe zone. If your pet leaves the safe zone, you can track his or her location via GPS.
Throughout the US (within AT&T cell coverage)
The device - regular price: $129; current price: $99; the service plan - $9.95/month with the monthly subscription, $7.95/month with the yearly subscription, $6.95 with the 2-year subscription
Shipping and Delivery
All LINK AKC orders come with free shipping within the US.
LINK AKC comes with a 90-day risk-free guarantee. You can return the product within 90 days and receive a full product purchase price refund. Used service plan time is not refundable.
LINK AKC comes with a 3-year warranty. The warranty covers malfunctions that are not caused by improper use. The device also comes with a 1-year size guarantee, which allows you to exchange your device for a different size in case it does not fit or your pet outgrows it.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.