Kippy Vita S and Loc8tor Pet may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Kippy Vita S vs. Loc8tor Pet comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
- Weighs just 0.126 ounces (5 grams); accurate within 1 inch
- Dual directional system providing audio and visual cues
- No fees; 30-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $99.99
- Shipping: $0
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
- Locate your pet using audio and visual cues, with the handheld locator guiding you toward your pet with the use of directional lights and sound pitch and frequency.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By Jo Jo on 05/15/2019Have been using on my cats collars for Many years great way of finding wandering cats. However new style are far to big for cats collars, cats look uncomfortable I feel that new design has not been an improvement
- Submitted By Tim Robbins on 05/02/2018In my experience, the range is usually much smaller than 400 feet, that was the greatest disappointment for me. Other than that, it works fine, but mostly for tracking indoors.
- Submitted By Gary Finch on 01/21/2018Only useful if you have a small backyard with impenetrable fence and have a really small cat that likes to relax in the bushes or trees. Or if you actually want to track a tortoise, not an animal that can run.
- Submitted By Jessica Rhodes on 11/12/2017I use one tag for my kitty and the other one for my car keys, very easy to use and really great if your cat likes to hide in the most unusual places like my Sam. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, but I’m really satisfied with it.
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.