While both Loc8tor Pet and Pawscout can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Loc8tor Pet VS Pawscout comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Weighs just 0.126 ounces (5 grams); accurate within 1 inch
- Dual directional system providing audio and visual cues
- No fees; 30-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- Locate your pet using audio and visual cues, with the handheld locator guiding you toward your pet with the use of directional lights and sound pitch and frequency.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Jo Jo on 05/15/2019Have been using on my cats collars for Many years great way of finding wandering cats. However new style are far to big for cats collars, cats look uncomfortable I feel that new design has not been an improvement
- Submitted By Tim Robbins on 05/02/2018In my experience, the range is usually much smaller than 400 feet, that was the greatest disappointment for me. Other than that, it works fine, but mostly for tracking indoors.
- Submitted By Gary Finch on 01/21/2018Only useful if you have a small backyard with impenetrable fence and have a really small cat that likes to relax in the bushes or trees. Or if you actually want to track a tortoise, not an animal that can run.
- Submitted By Jessica Rhodes on 11/12/2017I use one tag for my kitty and the other one for my car keys, very easy to use and really great if your cat likes to hide in the most unusual places like my Sam. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, but I’m really satisfied with it.
Pawscout smart tag is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that boasts a great communication range and battery life. It allows you to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts when he or she is within range and locate your missing pal with the help of other Pawscout users. Learn more about how this pet tracker works in our comprehensive Pawscout review.