Fi and Marco Polo are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Fi vs. Marco Polo review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- GPS tracking through the LTE-M network + 3-month battery life
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity/Lost Dog Mode with red LED
- Works in all US states and comes in 4 different sizes
- Price: $149.00
- Shipping: $
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- 24/7 GPS tracking on the new LTE-M network, which allows you to keep track of your dog’s movements even when taken out by dog walkers or caretakers;
- Geo-fencing, which enables you to create safe zones and receive instant notifications the moment your pet exits the defined perimeter. You can make as many safe zones as you want, which makes traveling with your pet much less stressful;
- Lost Dog Mode, which switches the unit to live location tracking and activates the red pulsing LED light on the collar, alerting individuals that might see your pet and helping you locate him or her in low-visibility conditions.
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Geoffrey Stanley on 12/10/2019The thing I like most about this app is that it has its own app where you can track your dog’s movement easily and without confusion. I’m not good with tech so it’s really important that know what I’m doing and fi tracker app made it easy. Another thing I like is that is not state limited so I can use it even when I take my dog traveling. We went hiking when we were at my boyfriend’s parents in Colorado and the app worked all the way even when we were high up and without a strong signal. I feel safe knowing my Penny is well taken care of.
- Submitted By Jose Ball on 11/29/2019I very satisfied with the tracker except for the collar which didn’t last that long. I have two dogs one of them being very active. He likes to chew everything most of all his brother’s collar. Every time we go out both of my dog get very excited and while Ben knows how to sit down and wait for the leash, Roger gets unbearable while he jumps up and down and keeps biting his brother’s collar. Long story short the collar is all chewed up and has to be replaced. I was hoping it could withstand more.
- Submitted By Delbert Gomez on 11/20/2019This Fi tracker is the best thing that has happened to me! My buddy and I take long walks around to the lake almost every day. He loves jumping into the water even when it’s cold outside and this tracker seems to be handling it very well. For me the battery lasted more than a month and a half and gps work even in the remote areas where coverage is not that good. The app is easy to read and it has the lost dog mode which is immediately activated in case anything bad happens. I feel much better ever since my dog started wearing it.
- Submitted By Tommie Mccoy on 11/02/2019I always wondered what would I do if Charlie, that’s my dog, would to run away when we were traveling. I would love to take him anywhere with me but I don’t know how he’ll react to new environments so I leave him with my mom and dad mostly. And it was tearing my heart. I did a little research and found that Fi Tracker enables whole country coverage in case you and your pet leave the state. I’ve recently bought it I was amazed by how long the battery lasts, I didn’t need to charge it yet and it has been almost a month. Finally, I was able to take Charlie on a road trip, we went to see my parents is Vioming for a test drive. I was tracking our movement on the app the whole time we were there. Couldn’t be happier!
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
Fi tracker is a modern pet tracker primarily designed to locate lost dogs and monitor their location and activity levels on a daily basis. The collar comes packed with numerous impressive features and has a battery that can last up to 3 months. Read this honest and comprehensive Fi tracker review to learn more and see if the unit works for you.