Marco Polo VS Invoxia Pet Tracker
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Invoxia Pet Tracker and Marco Polo are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Invoxia Pet Tracker vs. Marco Polo review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
GPS pet tracker with superb autonomy
Fast & Accurate Radio Frequency Pet Tracker
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker for dogs and cats. Relying on low-power networks, it allows you to easily monitor your pet’s movements and activity.
- Small & lightweight; waterproof & shockproof
- Virtual fences for keeping your pet in a safe zone
- Track your pet’s activities over any time period
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
Marco Polo is a radio frequency pet tracking system that updates your pet’s location information every few seconds and boasts a 2-mile communication range. The device is accurate within inches.
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
*free shipping throughout the US
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker with a good battery life that offers location tracking and activity monitoring features. Being lightweight, it is suitable for both cats and dogs. Its communication range is virtually unlimited. The device relies on GPS, Wi-Fi, and low-power networks. The maximum frequency of location updates is 2 minutes. Users can set up safety zones with a customizable radius. The device enables users to monitor their pets' daily activity levels.
GPS Pet Tracker
Invoxia pet tracker is a small device in the shape of a cuboid with rounded edges. The tracker is available only in black. It weighs just 15 grams (0.52 oz.). It has a length of 42 mm (1.65 inches), a width of 24 mm (0,94 inches), and a thickness of 17 mm (0,67 inches). The device is made of high-quality plastic.
Invoxia pet tracker does not come in different sizes, but it fits almost any collar.
Suitable For Cats
Invoxia pet tracker features an IP67 rating, which means it will remain functional after being submerged up to one meter (3.2 feet) underwater for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
Location tracking features available with Invoxia pet tracker include:
- GPS location tracking with a virtually unlimited communication range;
- Four modes for updating location information, the fastest being once every two minutes;
- Location history, which allows you to observe your pet’s movements over the period of your choice;
- Geofencing, which allows you to set up multiple stationary safety zones with a customizable radius.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Invoxia pet tracker allows its users to track their pets’ activity levels during the period they choose (day, week, month or year). They can get daily reports on their pets’ activity and rest time. The device enables owners to see the length of their pets’ walks. Users can also monitor the sleep quality of their pets.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide additional features.
Virtually unlimited communication range within the low-power network coverage
15 grams (0.52 oz.)
From several days to several months depending on usage (rechargeable battery)
The Invoxia GPS app allows users to monitor their pets' location. The app stores movement history. Users can set up customizable safety zones for geofencing, monitor their pets’ activity, get daily reports on activity and rest, and see the distance traveled.
Invoxia pet tracker relies on GPS and Wi-Fi to determine the pet’s location. It uses low-power networks to send information to the user’s smartphone.
The worldwide coverage that Invoxia pet tracker provides depends on the availability of low-power networks. The device uses LoRa low-power network in France. Invoxia relies on Sigfox low-power network in other countries where the product is currently sold. Sigfox network is available in the USA and in most of Europe - but with severe limitations in coverage and signal quality.
Invoxia pet tracker costs 119 euros on the manufacturer’s website. It comes with a 3-year subscription to the low-consumption network. After the first three years, access to the service in Europe costs 9.99 EUR per year, equating to 0.83 EUR per month.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping time and costs depend on location.
If buyers are not fully satisfied with Inovxia pet tracker, they may send it back for a full refund within 14 working days of purchase.
Invoxia pet tracker comes with a one-year warranty and lifetime support.
Marco Polo advanced pet tracking system is accurate within inches and it can track your pet both indoors and outdoors. It provides location updates every few seconds, works in every corner of the world, and has a communication range of 2 miles.
Radio Frequency Pet Tracker
Marco Polo pet tracking system consists of a handheld locator and a tracking tag. The locator measures 6’’ x 3.5’’ x 1.75’’ while the tracking tag measures 1’’ x 5’’ x 0.5’’. The locator weights 7.8 oz. while the tracking tag weighs 0.8 oz., which makes it suitable for both large and small dogs and cats. The tracking tag is attached to the collar with a ballistic nylon holder with Class 4 Military Spec Velcro straps.
Marco Polo pet tracking system does not come in different sizes and fits collars up to 2 inches wide, up to 0.25 inches thick, and 7+ inches long.
Suitable For Cats
The Marco Polo tracking tag is resistant to impact and water and designed to endure rough play. It has a durable battery and is protected with a military-grade cover. Overall, it is more durable than a number of its competitors and sure to last for years if properly used.
Key Tracking Features
Marco Polo advanced tracking system offers all the most important tools for efficient tracking, including:
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Marco Polo does not monitor pet activity.
Marco Polo does not provide tracking assistance.
Marco Polo does not come with any additional features.
0.8 oz. (tag only)
45 days, 3 days in tracking mode
Marco Polo does not come with a smartphone app.
Marco Polo exclusively relies on radio frequency signals.
Marco Polo does not rely on any external services, which allows it to work anywhere on the planet, including the most remote areas.
1-Pet Tracking System: $234.95; 2-Pet Tracking System: $284.95; 3-Pet Tracking System: $334.95
Shipping and Delivery
Marco Polo comes with free shipping throughout the US via USPS Priority Mail. Shipments to Canada come with a flat shipping fee of $25.
Marco Polo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. In order to receive a full refund, you need to return the device in good condition, with all elements of the system included.
Marco Polo comes with a 90-day limited warranty. During the warranty period, the device may be repaired or replaced at no charge. The warranty does not cover defects and damage that may arise due to improper use, unauthorized modifications or normal wear and tear
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alice Peri on 03/08/2019Great battery life, very convenient to use. The app could be better. Not bad in general but could be better.
- Submitted By Brenda Noble on 01/20/2019Good concept, but the implementation could be better. My major issue with this product is that it is not accurate enough. I hope they will work it out.
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
Marco Polo advanced pet tracking system enables you to quickly locate your pet in any corner of the globe. It allows for true real-time tracking and boasts worldwide coverage and extraordinary accuracy. Read our comprehensive Marco Polo review and discover why this pet tracker is one of the most trusted solutions currently available.