This detailed PitPat vs. Marco Polo comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust PitPat or Marco Polo with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- Small and lightweight monitor with parachute-grade Velcro
- Rugged external housing with IP-67 water resistance rating
- Replaceable battery/free app for Android and iOS devices
- Price: $51.07
- Shipping: $
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mike J. on 12/25/2019I initially thought this has GPS but it’s a pretty cool little gadget even without it.
- Submitted By Jenny86 on 11/20/2019PitPat was just what I needed for my puppy since I want to make sure everything is perfect from the start. The app is easy to use and shows you pretty much everything you’ll ever care about. It attaches really easily and never comes off, even when we’re outside.
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
PitPat is a sturdy and lightweight dog activity monitor designed to help you track the overall activity levels of your pet, see how much calories he or she spends on a daily basis, and find out more about his or her sleep cycle. Read this exhaustive PitPat review to learn all about this device and check if it is right for you and your pup.