Marco Polo VS TabCat
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
This detailed TabCat vs. Marco Polo comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust TabCat or Marco Polo with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
Pet tracker for adventurous cats
Fast & Accurate Radio Frequency Pet Tracker
TabCat is the smallest and lightest RF-based pet tracker launched by Loc8tor Limited. Apart from impressive accuracy and world coverage, it also allows cat owners to train their pets to come home on their own.
- Compact design with lightweight and convenient homing pet tags
- Proprietary Directional Technology with light & sound indicators
- Easy-to-use and intuitive interface/accuracy within 2.5cm/1 inch
- Price: $99.99
- Shipping: $
Marco Polo is a radio frequency pet tracking system that updates your pet’s location information every few seconds and boasts a 2-mile communication range. The device is accurate within inches.
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
*free shipping throughout the US
TabCat is one of the most compact pet trackers on the market. It does not incur any monthly fees, it features worldwide coverage, and it sports a communication range of up to 400 feet with a 1-inch accuracy. The battery can last between 7 and 12 months, depending on usage.
Radio-Frequency-Based Pet Tracker
TabCat features a headset and two pet tags you can attach to your cat’s harness or collar. The locator itself is very compact (approximately the size of a regular credit card) and comes with an ON-OFF button, 4 location buttons, a volume rocker, and 8 directional lights. The pet tags are small disc-shaped devices equipped with their own speaker and LED light. They measure 1.2’’ x 0.8’’ x 0.3’’ (HWD) and weigh only 0.2 ounces.
TabCat is a one-size-fits-all pet tracker.
Suitable For Cats
TabCat pet tags do not boast extreme durability, but the provided tag cases grant them a certain level of resistance against splashes and physical trauma. If your pet manages to compromise the structural integrity of the case, you can order a replacement on the official TabCat website. With this in mind, your device can technically last for years, as long as you keep the tags protected.
Key Tracking Features
TabCat features only one search algorithm, based on audio and visual cues that intensify as you approach your pet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
TabCat does not monitor pet activity
TabCat pet tags feature integrated speakers that can be activated remotely using the main headset. You can train your cat to recognize these sounds and start heading home whenever he or she hears them.
TabCat does not offer any extra features
Around 0.2 ounces
7-12 months (disposable)
TabCat does not feature a phone app
TabCat pet tracker uses RF-based technology to communicate with up to 4 pet tags at the same time.
TabCat provides worldwide coverage
- TabCat Pack - $99.99; - Replacement headset - $59.99; - Replacement tag - $29.99.
Shipping and Delivery
TabCat pet tracker comes with free 2-day shipping within the US, but you can also opt for USA overnight shipping ($24.99). Worldwide shipping is available with varying shipping fees.
TabCat pet tracker comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TabCat pet tracker comes with a 2-year manufacturer's warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
Marco Polo advanced pet tracking system is accurate within inches and it can track your pet both indoors and outdoors. It provides location updates every few seconds, works in every corner of the world, and has a communication range of 2 miles.
Radio Frequency Pet Tracker
Marco Polo pet tracking system consists of a handheld locator and a tracking tag. The locator measures 6’’ x 3.5’’ x 1.75’’ while the tracking tag measures 1’’ x 5’’ x 0.5’’. The locator weights 7.8 oz. while the tracking tag weighs 0.8 oz., which makes it suitable for both large and small dogs and cats. The tracking tag is attached to the collar with a ballistic nylon holder with Class 4 Military Spec Velcro straps.
Marco Polo pet tracking system does not come in different sizes and fits collars up to 2 inches wide, up to 0.25 inches thick, and 7+ inches long.
Suitable For Cats
The Marco Polo tracking tag is resistant to impact and water and designed to endure rough play. It has a durable battery and is protected with a military-grade cover. Overall, it is more durable than a number of its competitors and sure to last for years if properly used.
Key Tracking Features
Marco Polo advanced tracking system offers all the most important tools for efficient tracking, including:
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Marco Polo does not monitor pet activity.
Marco Polo does not provide tracking assistance.
Marco Polo does not come with any additional features.
0.8 oz. (tag only)
45 days, 3 days in tracking mode
Marco Polo does not come with a smartphone app.
Marco Polo exclusively relies on radio frequency signals.
Marco Polo does not rely on any external services, which allows it to work anywhere on the planet, including the most remote areas.
1-Pet Tracking System: $234.95; 2-Pet Tracking System: $284.95; 3-Pet Tracking System: $334.95
Shipping and Delivery
Marco Polo comes with free shipping throughout the US via USPS Priority Mail. Shipments to Canada come with a flat shipping fee of $25.
Marco Polo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. In order to receive a full refund, you need to return the device in good condition, with all elements of the system included.
Marco Polo comes with a 90-day limited warranty. During the warranty period, the device may be repaired or replaced at no charge. The warranty does not cover defects and damage that may arise due to improper use, unauthorized modifications or normal wear and tear
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alison Page on 08/20/2019It’s ok if you don’t live in an area surrounded by tall buildings. I had to walk a couple of blocks at a time just to pick up a signal.
- Submitted By Peta Roberts on 03/08/2019It works fine and it helped me find my little runaway on more than one occasion. The constant beeping though starts to drive you crazy after a while.
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
TabCat is a lightweight and reliable RF-based pet tracker that allows you to pinpoint the location of your cat within 2.5cm/1 inch. It was launched by Loc8tor, a well-known English company with a proven track record of excellence in the field of tracking devices. Read our TabCat review to learn all about this device and discover how it can help you keep an eye on your adventurous pets at all times.