Tagg and Marco Polo may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Tagg vs. Marco Polo comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
Marco Polo advanced pet tracking system enables you to quickly locate your pet in any corner of the globe. It allows for true real-time tracking and boasts worldwide coverage and extraordinary accuracy. Read our comprehensive Marco Polo review and discover why this pet tracker is one of the most trusted solutions currently available.