Nuzzle VS DOTT Pet Tracker
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
DOTT Pet Tracker and Nuzzle may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This DOTT Pet Tracker vs. Nuzzle comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Affordable community-based pet tracker
No-Fee Cellular GPS Pet Tracker
Relying on the support from the DOTT app user community, DOTT The Smart Dog Tag is a Bluetooth pet tracker that maximizes the chances of finding lost pets and serves as an all-in-one pet care solution.
- Small and lightweight; water-resistant and shatterproof
- Virtual leash informs you when your pet wanders off too far
- Keep a record of your pet’s activities (walks, food, and more)
- Price: $40.00
- Shipping: $
Nuzzle smart collar is a no-fee GPS tracker for dogs and cats characterized by above-average accuracy. It provides both location tracking and activity monitoring and works all over North America.
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
DOTT is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that provides basic location tracking features. It comes in the form of a small tag that can be attached to any collar and sends information to pet owners via a dedicated app. Anyone can download the app to help locate lost pets - the more DOTT app users in your area, the bigger your chances of finding your dog or cat. DOTT also allows you to keep a record of your pet's activities, including walks, food intake, medications, and more.
Bluetooth Pet Tracker
DOTT pet tracker comes in the form of a small, round plastic tag. It is white and has a blue button in the center. There is only one color variation available. Measuring 0.6 inches in radius (1.52 cm) and weighing only 0.25 oz. (7 grams), the tag can be attached to any type of collar with the metal ring attachment that comes with the device. The tag is laser engravable.
DOTT pet tracker comes in one size and can be attached to any collar. It is suitable for pets of all sizes.
Suitable For Cats
DOTT is an inexpensive pet tracker that is water resistant and shatterproof. It should last for at least a couple of years.
Key Tracking Features
DOTT pet tracker comes with the following features:
- Location tracking within the range of 350 feet;
- Community location tracking with notifications sent to the owner’s phone when the pet is found by another DOTT app user;
- Virtual Leash that allows the user to set up a mobile safe zone for his or her pet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
DOTT tracker does not monitor pet activity.
DOTT pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Additional features available with the DOTT app include:
- Health journal, which allows you to keep track of your pet’s walks, potty breaks, food intake, and medication;
- Sharing responsibilities with multiple caretakers with regular status updates related to pet care.
350 feet in all directions
0.25 oz. (7 grams)
6 to 9 months (disposable, not rechargeable)
The DOTTpet app helps pet owners locate lost pets, set up a virtual safe zone, and keep a record of their pets' walks, food intake, potty breaks, and medication.
DOTT pet tracker relies on Bluetooth technology.
Given the fact that DOTT pet tracker relies on Bluetooth technology and does not require any external services to work, it can be used anywhere on the globe. However, the usefulness of this device depends on the number of people who use the DOTTpet app in the surrounding area.
About 40 USD on Amazon
Shipping and Delivery
Free shipping is provided in the USA.
DOTT pet tracker does not come with a money-back guarantee.
DOTT pet tracker comes with a 1-month warranty.
Nuzzle smart collar is a cellular GPS pet tracker that comes with no monthly fees, offers great accuracy, works throughout North America, over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage, and offers a number of useful location and activity tracking features.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
The Nuzzle collar is available in 2 versions – large and small. The small collar is made of waterproof TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) while the large collar is made of heavy-duty nylon. Both the large and small collar come in 2 colors – orange and purple. The tracking unit is made of matte black plastic and comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. The tracking unit can be used with the Nuzzle collar or attached to the pet’s existing collar using the custom connector provided in the package.
The Nuzzle collar comes in 2 sizes: small and large. The small collar is 0.625’’ wide and fits neck circumference of 8’’ to 11’’ while the large collar measures 1’’ in width and fits neck circumference of 14’’ to 22’’. The tracking unit comes in only 1 size and measures 0.75’’ x 2.25’’ x 1.25’’ (HWD).
Suitable For Cats
Nuzzle is highly resistant to water (IPX8 rating) and both the collar and the tracking unit are made of durable materials. Depending on the pet's level of activity and use frequency, the collar and attachment mechanism may suffer slight damages with prolonged use, without diminishing the functionality of the device. The tracking unit does not have a specific lifespan and should last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The most important location tracking features available with Nuzzle include:
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Nuzzle allows you to keep track of your pet’s activity with:
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
Nuzzle does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with the Nuzzle smart collar include:
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Nuzzle works over any distance within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage
Less than 1 oz., 1.45 oz. with the attachment clip
Up to 4 days, 10-12 hours with the highest power use
The Nuzzle app works on both iOS and Android mobile devices. It is compatible with iPhone 4s or later, the 3rd and 4th generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and Android 4.1+. The app allows you to create and edit your pet’s profile and add notes such as vet records and medication reminders. It provides insight into the pet’s current location and route, past routes, and daily and weekly activity records. It further provides activity, temperature, and battery notifications, as well as alerts when the pet leaves or enters the safe zone. It can be used to remotely activate the night light on the tracking unit. The app allows you to track up to 5 pets with a single account. There is no limit on the number of individuals who can use the app with 1 account.
Nuzzle employs GPS technology for tracking outside the safe zone, Bluetooth technology within the safe zone, and cellular technology for communication between the tracking unit and the pet guardian's smartphone.
Nuzzle works in all 50 US states, Mexico, and Canada, within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage.
Shipping and Delivery
Nuzzle comes with free shipping throughout North America.
Nuzzle comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee. You can return the device within 15 days from the delivery date in order to receive a full refund. Furthermore, you can exchange the collar for a different size within the first 15 days after delivery.
Nuzzle comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The warranty covers all elements of the tracking system, including the tracker and accessories. It does not cover lost devices or damage caused by improper use. The warranty does not apply to the functionality of the tracking system.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jack Green on 03/20/2019This device will only give you in and out of range alerts. It doesn’t give you the exact location of your pet, just notifies you when your pet is within range.
- Submitted By Gary Adams on 01/20/2019Good concept but still in the early stage. I bought this because I saw it had many positive reviews and it was a reasonable price. However, I don’t know how useful it is when you need to locate a lost pet.
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
Nuzzle smart collar is a GPS pet tracker that makes it easy for you to monitor your pet’s location and activity at all times. It works throughout North America, does not have a limited communication range, and offers location updates every 60 seconds. Discover more about this attention-worthy pet tracking solution in our Nuzzle review.