Nuzzle VS Kippy Vita S
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Kippy Vita S and Nuzzle may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Kippy Vita S vs. Nuzzle comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Innovative GPS pet tracker & activity monitor
No-Fee Cellular GPS Pet Tracker
Kippy Vita S is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for your dog or cat. Relying on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies, it lets you track your pet’s position at all times.
- Wide cover range
- Long battery lifespan
- Interactive features
- Price: $56.26
- Shipping: $
Nuzzle smart collar is a no-fee GPS tracker for dogs and cats characterized by above-average accuracy. It provides both location tracking and activity monitoring and works all over North America.
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
Kippy Vita is an innovative pet tracker and activity monitor for cats and dogs that relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies in order to pinpoint your pet's exact location when lost or stolen and monitor his or her activity levels, keeping track of their running, walking, and sleeping habits, with all of the information relayed through the dedicated app.
GPS Pet Tracker And Activity Monitor
Kippy Vita is square and sleek in design. It is made of steel and extra-grip Velcro. It measures 6 x 3,5 x 2 cm (2,4'' x 1,4'' x 0,8'') and weighs 50gr (1,76oz). The tracker is best-suited for pets that weigh over 4kg (8,8lb) and it could prove too bulky for smaller pets. The device comes in three different colors, including dark beige, lime green, and baby pink. It easily attaches to the pet's already existing collar and harness by using the provided Velcro band strip.
Kippy Vita pet tracker and activity monitor comes in one size. It is best suited for pets over 4kg (8,8lb).
Suitable For Cats
Kippy Vita is made of steel and has an anti-shock ABS body that makes it resistant to impact, promising high durability. However, the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. The device is water resistant, but it is recommended not to soak it in water for a long period of time.
Key Tracking Features
Kippy Vita offers several tracking features, including:
- Live tracking, allowing the pet owner to track and monitor the pet's movements through an interactive map in almost real-time, with location updates provided every 5-10 seconds;
- Proximity, directing the pet owner to the pet's location;
- Geo-fencing, enabling pet owners to predetermine a 'safe-space' for their pets and get notified if their pet ever decides to leave the established parameter.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Kippy Vita allows pet owners to monitor various activity levels for their pets. The activities include sleeping, walking, running, playing, relaxing, and even calorie burning. The device collects activity data every 60 minutes and sends the information directly to the Kippy Vita app. Setting goals for pets to achieve is also possible. Thanks to the Vita feature, pet owners can stay up to date with their pets' activity status and receive messages according to the activities detected by the tracker.
Kippy Vita does not provide training assistance.
Kippy Vita does not provide any additional features.
Kippy Vita's communication range is anywhere from 300m to 2km (985ft to 1.2mi).
Kippy Vita comes with its own dedicated app. It is compatible with both Android (4.4+) and iOS (8.0+) smartphones. A web app is also available for laptop and PC users. The app allows for live tracking through an interactive map, geo-fencing notifications, and daily activity updates. It also provides location history and battery status. In addition, it stores messages received from your pet through the Vita Messaging system.
Kippy Vita relies on both GPS and LBS tracking technologies to track your pet's movements. When the GPS signal is weakened, the device will turn to LBS, which will communicate directly with the cellular towers in your area in order to locate your pet.
Kippy Vita works in most of Europe, Turkey, India, and South Africa.
Kippy Vita costs €49.99 ($56). The subscriptions cost: - BASIC (monthly) - €7.99 ($8,97) p/month; - PREMIUM (annual) - €59.99 ($67,4) / €4.99 ($5,5) p/month; - ULTIMATE (2 years) - €99.99 ($112) / €4.16 ($4,67) per month.
Shipping and Delivery
With Kippy VIta, shipping charges vary depending on location.
Kippy Vita comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Kippy Vita comes with a 2-year warranty.
Nuzzle smart collar is a cellular GPS pet tracker that comes with no monthly fees, offers great accuracy, works throughout North America, over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage, and offers a number of useful location and activity tracking features.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
The Nuzzle collar is available in 2 versions – large and small. The small collar is made of waterproof TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) while the large collar is made of heavy-duty nylon. Both the large and small collar come in 2 colors – orange and purple. The tracking unit is made of matte black plastic and comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. The tracking unit can be used with the Nuzzle collar or attached to the pet’s existing collar using the custom connector provided in the package.
The Nuzzle collar comes in 2 sizes: small and large. The small collar is 0.625’’ wide and fits neck circumference of 8’’ to 11’’ while the large collar measures 1’’ in width and fits neck circumference of 14’’ to 22’’. The tracking unit comes in only 1 size and measures 0.75’’ x 2.25’’ x 1.25’’ (HWD).
Suitable For Cats
Nuzzle is highly resistant to water (IPX8 rating) and both the collar and the tracking unit are made of durable materials. Depending on the pet's level of activity and use frequency, the collar and attachment mechanism may suffer slight damages with prolonged use, without diminishing the functionality of the device. The tracking unit does not have a specific lifespan and should last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The most important location tracking features available with Nuzzle include:
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Nuzzle allows you to keep track of your pet’s activity with:
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
Nuzzle does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with the Nuzzle smart collar include:
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Nuzzle works over any distance within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage
Less than 1 oz., 1.45 oz. with the attachment clip
Up to 4 days, 10-12 hours with the highest power use
The Nuzzle app works on both iOS and Android mobile devices. It is compatible with iPhone 4s or later, the 3rd and 4th generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and Android 4.1+. The app allows you to create and edit your pet’s profile and add notes such as vet records and medication reminders. It provides insight into the pet’s current location and route, past routes, and daily and weekly activity records. It further provides activity, temperature, and battery notifications, as well as alerts when the pet leaves or enters the safe zone. It can be used to remotely activate the night light on the tracking unit. The app allows you to track up to 5 pets with a single account. There is no limit on the number of individuals who can use the app with 1 account.
Nuzzle employs GPS technology for tracking outside the safe zone, Bluetooth technology within the safe zone, and cellular technology for communication between the tracking unit and the pet guardian's smartphone.
Nuzzle works in all 50 US states, Mexico, and Canada, within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage.
Shipping and Delivery
Nuzzle comes with free shipping throughout North America.
Nuzzle comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee. You can return the device within 15 days from the delivery date in order to receive a full refund. Furthermore, you can exchange the collar for a different size within the first 15 days after delivery.
Nuzzle comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The warranty covers all elements of the tracking system, including the tracker and accessories. It does not cover lost devices or damage caused by improper use. The warranty does not apply to the functionality of the tracking system.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Carlton Farmere on 11/19/2019I have to admit, I bought this tracker because of its performances but it also had a lot to do with the design. I chose the pink tracker with the pink color cuz my Dona is a lady after all and it looks divine. I will fit smaller breed dogs, I didn’t notice that Dona has any problems caring it around. It has extra hold due to the band strip so you don’t have to worry that it will fall off at some point even if your dog is overly active. I also like that it is made out of steel so it can’t be easily broken upon impact and you can let your dog run around free and wild and it is also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about that either.
- Submitted By Emily Strickland on 09/27/2019I bought this tracked after I read that I can literally create my dog’s safe space. Once I determine the boundaries of his movement the tracker reacts the moment my dog leaves those boundaries. It instantly sets off the alarm and he keeps track of every step he makes and updates the position every few seconds. I tested it out and it really works. My husband and I set the perimeter and took Molly outside of it for a couple of minutes. The tracker reported every move every few seconds until we were back inside the set fence.
- Submitted By Dwayne Chambers on 09/04/2019I type in all my dog’s info into the app so I can better look after his health. I get frequent reports about his activity status and I can monitor all the changes and make sure nothing bad happens. I also keep track of how many calories Maggy spends daily so that I don’t overdo it with the food and make her chunky. But this is more of an issue for my dad who keeps feeding Maggy his food and this way I can point out that she’s getting fat and it’s all because of him. I have noticed that they constantly add breeds to the database so you can now track almost any breed and make sure your pet’s health is unthreatened.
- Submitted By Shelley Logan on 08/10/2019The fact that I can track my 3 dogs on the app is just amazing. There is no way I could switch from app to app and keep track of all my pets at the same time but with this device I can. I would have hoped that the range is a bit wider but I don’t let my dogs wander around anyways. It would be helpful if they get lost, God forbid, to be able to track their movement even if they are far away. The range here is 1.5 miles which is not enough in case something happens and you get separated from your pet. But all in all everything works really well.
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
Kippy Vita S pet tracker and activity monitor relies on GPS and LBS tracking technologies to help find your pet in case of emergencies. Create a virtual fence and get alerted when your pet wanders off, monitor his or her activity levels, and keep track of his or her eating, running, and sleeping habits. Learn more in our Kippy Vita S review.