This detailed SportDOG TEK 2.0 vs. Nuzzle comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust SportDOG TEK 2.0 or Nuzzle with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is a dog tracking system for hunters that offers great accuracy and precision thanks to the HopTek, GPS, and GLONASS technologies. Offering near-live tracking for up to 21 dogs at a time as well as easy-to-read topographical maps, TEK 2.0 has many interesting features to offer. Learn more in our SportDOG TEK 2.0 review