Nuzzle VS TabCat
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
While both TabCat and Nuzzle can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough TabCat vs. Nuzzle comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
Pet tracker for adventurous cats
No-Fee Cellular GPS Pet Tracker
TabCat is the smallest and lightest RF-based pet tracker launched by Loc8tor Limited. Apart from impressive accuracy and world coverage, it also allows cat owners to train their pets to come home on their own.
- Compact design with lightweight and convenient homing pet tags
- Proprietary Directional Technology with light & sound indicators
- Easy-to-use and intuitive interface/accuracy within 2.5cm/1 inch
- Price: $99.99
- Shipping: $
Nuzzle smart collar is a no-fee GPS tracker for dogs and cats characterized by above-average accuracy. It provides both location tracking and activity monitoring and works all over North America.
- Accurate within 10 feet, 60-second location updates
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- 15-day money-back guarantee and 12-month warranty
- Price: $149.99
- Shipping: $0
TabCat is one of the most compact pet trackers on the market. It does not incur any monthly fees, it features worldwide coverage, and it sports a communication range of up to 400 feet with a 1-inch accuracy. The battery can last between 7 and 12 months, depending on usage.
Radio-Frequency-Based Pet Tracker
TabCat features a headset and two pet tags you can attach to your cat’s harness or collar. The locator itself is very compact (approximately the size of a regular credit card) and comes with an ON-OFF button, 4 location buttons, a volume rocker, and 8 directional lights. The pet tags are small disc-shaped devices equipped with their own speaker and LED light. They measure 1.2’’ x 0.8’’ x 0.3’’ (HWD) and weigh only 0.2 ounces.
TabCat is a one-size-fits-all pet tracker.
Suitable For Cats
TabCat pet tags do not boast extreme durability, but the provided tag cases grant them a certain level of resistance against splashes and physical trauma. If your pet manages to compromise the structural integrity of the case, you can order a replacement on the official TabCat website. With this in mind, your device can technically last for years, as long as you keep the tags protected.
Key Tracking Features
TabCat features only one search algorithm, based on audio and visual cues that intensify as you approach your pet.
Pet Activity Monitoring
TabCat does not monitor pet activity
TabCat pet tags feature integrated speakers that can be activated remotely using the main headset. You can train your cat to recognize these sounds and start heading home whenever he or she hears them.
TabCat does not offer any extra features
Around 0.2 ounces
7-12 months (disposable)
TabCat does not feature a phone app
TabCat pet tracker uses RF-based technology to communicate with up to 4 pet tags at the same time.
TabCat provides worldwide coverage
- TabCat Pack - $99.99; - Replacement headset - $59.99; - Replacement tag - $29.99.
Shipping and Delivery
TabCat pet tracker comes with free 2-day shipping within the US, but you can also opt for USA overnight shipping ($24.99). Worldwide shipping is available with varying shipping fees.
TabCat pet tracker comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TabCat pet tracker comes with a 2-year manufacturer's warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
Nuzzle smart collar is a cellular GPS pet tracker that comes with no monthly fees, offers great accuracy, works throughout North America, over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage, and offers a number of useful location and activity tracking features.
GPS Pet Tracker (Smart Collar)
The Nuzzle collar is available in 2 versions – large and small. The small collar is made of waterproof TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) while the large collar is made of heavy-duty nylon. Both the large and small collar come in 2 colors – orange and purple. The tracking unit is made of matte black plastic and comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. The tracking unit can be used with the Nuzzle collar or attached to the pet’s existing collar using the custom connector provided in the package.
The Nuzzle collar comes in 2 sizes: small and large. The small collar is 0.625’’ wide and fits neck circumference of 8’’ to 11’’ while the large collar measures 1’’ in width and fits neck circumference of 14’’ to 22’’. The tracking unit comes in only 1 size and measures 0.75’’ x 2.25’’ x 1.25’’ (HWD).
Suitable For Cats
Nuzzle is highly resistant to water (IPX8 rating) and both the collar and the tracking unit are made of durable materials. Depending on the pet's level of activity and use frequency, the collar and attachment mechanism may suffer slight damages with prolonged use, without diminishing the functionality of the device. The tracking unit does not have a specific lifespan and should last for years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
The most important location tracking features available with Nuzzle include:
- GPS tracking, with location information updated every 60 seconds, a mean accuracy of 10 feet, and detailed information available within the app, including the pet’s distance from home, distance from the guardian, and average pace, as well as the amount of time the pet has spent away from home;
- Routes, which allow you to view your pet's current and past routes, with details including the date, trip duration, distance, and pace;
- Safe zone, centered in the base station, with 3 sizes available, including 100, 250, and 400 feet in radius;
- Sharing, which lets you share access to your pet’s information with an unlimited number of users, allowing them to join the search or keep an eye on your pet while you are away.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Nuzzle allows you to keep track of your pet’s activity with:
- Daily and weekly activity records available in the form of a color-coded graph;
- Data on the amount of time the pet spent resting, exploring, and playing;
- Activity-related alerts.
Nuzzle does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with the Nuzzle smart collar include:
- Battery alerts, letting you know when the battery is low and needs to be recharged;
- Temperature monitoring, with the tracker monitoring ambient temperature and providing notifications in case the environment is too hot or too cold for your pet.
Nuzzle works over any distance within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage
Less than 1 oz., 1.45 oz. with the attachment clip
Up to 4 days, 10-12 hours with the highest power use
The Nuzzle app works on both iOS and Android mobile devices. It is compatible with iPhone 4s or later, the 3rd and 4th generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and Android 4.1+. The app allows you to create and edit your pet’s profile and add notes such as vet records and medication reminders. It provides insight into the pet’s current location and route, past routes, and daily and weekly activity records. It further provides activity, temperature, and battery notifications, as well as alerts when the pet leaves or enters the safe zone. It can be used to remotely activate the night light on the tracking unit. The app allows you to track up to 5 pets with a single account. There is no limit on the number of individuals who can use the app with 1 account.
Nuzzle employs GPS technology for tracking outside the safe zone, Bluetooth technology within the safe zone, and cellular technology for communication between the tracking unit and the pet guardian's smartphone.
Nuzzle works in all 50 US states, Mexico, and Canada, within AT&T (3G) cellular coverage.
Shipping and Delivery
Nuzzle comes with free shipping throughout North America.
Nuzzle comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee. You can return the device within 15 days from the delivery date in order to receive a full refund. Furthermore, you can exchange the collar for a different size within the first 15 days after delivery.
Nuzzle comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The warranty covers all elements of the tracking system, including the tracker and accessories. It does not cover lost devices or damage caused by improper use. The warranty does not apply to the functionality of the tracking system.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alison Page on 08/20/2019It’s ok if you don’t live in an area surrounded by tall buildings. I had to walk a couple of blocks at a time just to pick up a signal.
- Submitted By Peta Roberts on 03/08/2019It works fine and it helped me find my little runaway on more than one occasion. The constant beeping though starts to drive you crazy after a while.
- Submitted By George Lawson on 06/18/2018False alarms, late notifications, and I need to charge the battery every day, that's not what I call reliable. Not bad but not that good either, better battery is a must.
- Submitted By Amanda Lee on 03/02/2018Looks great, works great, there's nothing I would change, except for maybe the app, it was a bit confusing for me at first, but I guess it's because I've never used a pet tracker before.
- Submitted By Jessica Robins on 02/22/2018Super easy to use, really light, and I am impressed how accurate it is, plus all the information is there, the speed, time, distance, real neat. Maybe it would be nice to have activity recommendations, I've seen it in other pet trackers, but it's not that big of a deal.
TabCat is a lightweight and reliable RF-based pet tracker that allows you to pinpoint the location of your cat within 2.5cm/1 inch. It was launched by Loc8tor, a well-known English company with a proven track record of excellence in the field of tracking devices. Read our TabCat review to learn all about this device and discover how it can help you keep an eye on your adventurous pets at all times.