Paw Tracker and Gibi 2nd Gen are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Paw Tracker VS Gibi 2nd Gen review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- 30-second location updates; accurate within 10 feet
- Set multiple fully customized safe zones for your pet
- Comes with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Price: $129.99
- Shipping: $
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Active tracking, with your pet’s location updated every 30 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which can be created in any polygon shape, with no limitations in terms of size;
- Pet history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations;
- Sharing, which lets you share alerts with friends and family.
- Low battery alerts, which allow you to know when it is time to recharge the battery.
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rob Simmons on 06/11/2018Excellent pet tracker, I've never had any problems with it. It is accurate, the battery lasts for about 2 days, which is pretty ok, and the notifications arrive on time. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, considering it does not offer any fancy features, and the monthly fee could be lower, but it is worth the cash.
- Submitted By Jessica Lewis on 02/21/2018Fits perfectly, works flawlessly, the app is nice, and it has really helped me worry less. 5 out of 5 as far as I'm concerned.
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that provides great accuracy and reliability and features a rather attractive design. It allows you to track your pet in near real-time, regardless of the distance, and works throughout North America. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Paw Tracker review.