Paw Tracker and LINK AKC are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Paw Tracker VS LINK AKC review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Easy and reliable map-aided location tracking via cellular GPS
- Automatically created and customizable Bluetooth safe zones
- Smart activity tracking, vet records, and many more handy tools
- Price: $99.00
- Shipping: $0
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Accurate and constantly updated GPS location information when your dog is out of sight;
- Automatically established safe zones around the base station and your phone;
- Temporary safe zones around your phone that you can customize and expand up to a radius of 2,400 meters;
- Instant notifications when your pet leaves the defined safe zone.
- 3-axis accelerometer that accurately measures your pet’s activity;
- Patent-pending algorithm that learns how to identify different levels of activity, letting you know when your pet engages in moderate or intense activity and whether he or she has had enough activity during the day;
- Personalized activity recommendations based on your pet’s age, breed or mixed breed, behavior, and size.
- Vet records, which allow you to store your pet’s vet records, vaccinations, and certificates in the LINK AKC app and set reminders for important events or vet appointments;
- Adventures, which allow you to revisit memorable walks and hikes by creating adventures, including maps showing distance, timestamp, and photos you took during your trips, with photos being readily editable;
- Temperature monitoring, which monitors ambient temperature and sends alerts when the environment is too hot or too cold;
- Sound feature, which functions like a clicker and can be remotely activated via LINK AKC app, allowing you to train your pet more easily.
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ashlei Rivers on 11/26/2019I’ve decided to go on a healthy regime that includes more exercise and health food and what helped me with my consistency was the fact that could do the same for my pet using LINK AKC that recommended how active my dog should be depending on his race, age, etc. We coordinated our daily walks based on his recommendations and mine and started with a healthier lifestyle I wouldn’t be able to handle on my own. I get motivated my tracking Buck’s and mime progress and knowing that I’m not alone and that my dog can handle the pace.
- Submitted By Zena Maynard on 06/20/2019I’ve noticed that once Pan left the safe zone I was immediately notified and was able to see his location by using gps signal. It was really cool because the app showed me the map with little paw prints all over telling me where Pan left and if I wasn’t so worried it would have been much more fun. The only thing is the tracking is not live so it doesn’t provide information right that second, it takes a few minutes to find the original coordinates but after that it is spot on.
- Submitted By Zaharah Teller on 02/05/2019I like that its two in one and you can track your pet and use it as a health and activity app as well. I recommend it for all active dog parents since the gps works really well in case your dog gets lost on the unknown terrain and you can also view his activity and set goals, add maps, photos, videos from your walks. You can see everything you did on that day and compare it to other days.
- Submitted By Kelly Smith on 12/24/2018I didn’t know that the tracker can only work on AT&T network when I bought ii but so far I didn’t have any problems with the coverage. You get the base station that works together with the tracker so if your dog goes outside the zone that is covered by two devices you get a notification in under a minute. I tested it out and it really works. Gps also works but you need to download the app first so you can track your dogs movement. Between the two you are covered for sure.
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
LINK AKC is a GPS pet tracker in the form of a smart collar that allows you to easily track your pet’s location and activity. It works throughout the US, provides a multitude of useful additional features, and monitors your pal’s health as well. Read more about it in our honest LINK AKC review.