Paw Tracker VS Loc8tor Pet
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
This detailed Paw Tracker VS Loc8tor Pet comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust Paw Tracker or Loc8tor Pet with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
Ultra-Light & Accurate RF-Based Pet Tracker
GPS Pet Tracker Created By Pet Lovers
Loc8tor Pet is an RF-based pet tracker best suited for cats and small pets. It is highly accurate, perfectly lightweight, and works anywhere on the globe, within a range of up to 400 feet.
- Weighs just 0.126 ounces (5 grams); accurate within 1 inch
- Dual directional system providing audio and visual cues
- No fees; 30-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $99.99
- Shipping: $0
Paw Tracker is a GPS pet tracker that works in most of North America, updates your pet’s location every minute, lets you easily define the safe zone for your pal, and has an impressive battery life.
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
*Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee and Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee
Loc8tor Pet is one of the smallest and lightest pet trackers in existence. It comes with no monthly fees, works anywhere in the world, has a communication range of approximately 400 feet, boasts a battery life of 7-12 months, and is accurate within 1 inch.
Radio-Frequency-Based Pet Tracker
Loc8tor Pet consists of a handheld locator and 2 pet tags that can be attached to any collar or harness using the provided key ring loops and adhesive strips. Both the locator and the tags are small, light, and black. The locator is slim and the size of a credit card. It features an ON/OFF button, a volume button, 4 buttons for registering and locating the pet tags, and 8 directional lights. The tags are disk-shaped and measure 1.2’’ x 0.8’’ x 0.3’’ (HWD). Each tag is equipped with a built-in speaker and LED light.
Loc8tor Pet comes in 1 size and fits any collar.
Suitable For Cats
Loc8tor Pet does not boast great durability. Not resistant to impact, it is best suited for pets that are not prone to rough play. In theory, it can last for years, but only if your pet is not too active and you keep the tag in the splashproof case provided in the package.
Key Tracking Features
Loc8tor Pet only possesses 1 tracking feature that allows you to:
- Locate your pet using audio and visual cues, with the handheld locator guiding you toward your pet with the use of directional lights and sound pitch and frequency.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Loc8tor Pet does not monitor pet activity.
The Loc8tor Pet tag comes with a built-in speaker that can be remotely activated by pushing the assigned button on the handheld locator. This functionality can be used for sound training.
Loc8tor Pet does not provide any extra features.
5 grams (0.176 ounces)
7-12 months (disposable)
Loc8tor Pet does not come with a smartphone app.
Loc8tor Pet exclusively uses RF-based technology for tracking and communication.
Loc8tor Pet boasts worldwide coverage.
- Loc8tor Pet Pack - $99.99; - Replacement headset - $59.99; - Replacement tag - $29.99.
Shipping and Delivery
Loc8tor Pet comes with free 2-day shipping within the US, but you can also opt for USA overnight shipping ($24.99). Worldwide shipping is available with varying shipping fees.
Loc8tor Pet comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Loc8tor Pet comes with a 2-year manufacturer's warranty that covers significant defects in material and workmanship.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for dogs and cats that works in most of North America, uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technologies for outdoor and indoor tracking, boasts an impressive battery life, provides instant notifications, and updates your pet’s location within 60 seconds.
GPS Pet Tracker
Paw Tracker tracking unit comes in the shape of a paw. You can opt for the gold, silver or blue version of the tracker. The unit is rather small and measures 47 mm in height by 50 mm in width by 15 mm in depth. You can attach it to your pet’s existing collar or harness by using the clip on the back of the device.
Paw Tracker does not come in different sizes. It fits collars and harnesses up to 1 inch wide and up to 1/4 of an inch thick.
Suitable For Cats
Paw Tracker is resistant to impact and water. It is designed to withstand rough play and different weather conditions. With normal use, it should last for at least several years.
Key Tracking Features
Paw Tracker allows you to keep track of your pet's location with:
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Paw Tracker does not monitor your pet's activity.
Paw Tracker does not provide training assistance.
In addition to the essential tracking features, Paw Tracker provides:
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Paw Tracker works over any distance within cellular coverage.
Up to 10 days in standby mode, up to 12 hours with the 1-minute interval for uploading GPS location
The Paw Tracker app is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices. It requires Android 3.0+ and iOS 8.0+. It provides instant alerts and a map for easy tracking and allows you to define and modify the safe zone, view your pet’s past locations, and remotely activate the LED lights on the tracking unit. Your friends and family can download the app and use your device’s ID number and password to log in and help you track your pet. Multiple users can track the same pet’s location at the same time. The app can be used for multiple pets. It is available free of charge.
Paw Tracker uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technology to track your pet's location. GPS and cellular networks are used to track your pet in the outdoors while WiFi networks and hotspots are used for indoor tracking.
Paw Tracker works in most areas of North America, including the US, Mexico, and Canada.
Device: $99.95 Service Plan: $9.95 per month with the monthly subscription and $8.33 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Paw Tracker can be shipped to the US, Mexico, and Canada. US deliveries come with free shipping, Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee while deliveries to Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee.
Paw Tracker comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The device can be returned for a refund if it has not been tested on a pet.
Paw Tracker comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jo Jo on 05/15/2019Have been using on my cats collars for Many years great way of finding wandering cats. However new style are far to big for cats collars, cats look uncomfortable I feel that new design has not been an improvement
- Submitted By Tim Robbins on 05/02/2018In my experience, the range is usually much smaller than 400 feet, that was the greatest disappointment for me. Other than that, it works fine, but mostly for tracking indoors.
- Submitted By Gary Finch on 01/21/2018Only useful if you have a small backyard with impenetrable fence and have a really small cat that likes to relax in the bushes or trees. Or if you actually want to track a tortoise, not an animal that can run.
- Submitted By Jessica Rhodes on 11/12/2017I use one tag for my kitty and the other one for my car keys, very easy to use and really great if your cat likes to hide in the most unusual places like my Sam. Maybe it could be a bit cheaper, but I’m really satisfied with it.
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that provides great accuracy and reliability and features a rather attractive design. It allows you to track your pet in near real-time, regardless of the distance, and works throughout North America. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Paw Tracker review.