Paw Tracker and Pawscout may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Paw Tracker VS Pawscout comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By NJC on 03/21/2019The collars just OK, a bit bulky, but not as big as some others I've seen. A couple of points, 1) I opted for a monthly subscription thinking I could stop when sick of it, however they have hidden in their fineprint that there is a minimum subscription period of 12 months (stated no where obvious on their website!!). 2) they started charging me for the subscription maybe 10 days before the collar had even arrived. Overall its OK, the app doesn't quite work as smooth as the cool videos say it should. Be wary of the 12 month subscription minimum period too, basically adds $100 to the cost of the collar.
- Submitted By Josh Simpson on 06/02/2018Probably should be 3 stars but it's one of the rare trackers I've found that really work for cats. It's not too heavy and the battery lasts longer than I expected. Other than that, it works ok but not great and I guess there are better ones out there but I'm not unhappy enough to invest in a new one.
- Submitted By Alice Riggs on 03/21/2018I have to admit I bought it because it looks real cute, so I was surprised that it is also pretty great tracking-wise :D It is pretty accurate, the map is easy to follow, and I like that it's really simple, took me no time to figure out how it works.
- Submitted By John Adams on 11/24/2017Better battery than most pet trackers I've used, works almost anywhere, but I'm not too happy with the app (geofences are a hassle to set up) and refresh time should be shorter. Good in general, but not the best.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that provides great accuracy and reliability and features a rather attractive design. It allows you to track your pet in near real-time, regardless of the distance, and works throughout North America. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Paw Tracker review.