Paw Tracker VS PetTracer
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
This detailed PetTracer vs. Paw Tracker comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust PetTracer or Paw Tracker with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
GPS & Radio-Frequency Tracker For Cats
GPS Pet Tracker Created By Pet Lovers
PetTracer combines high-precision GPS with radio-frequency tracking in order to monitor your pet's location both inside and outside your home and provide you with results through your online account.
- Durable construction with a one-click release function
- Lightweight design with an adjustable strap and LED light
- Up to 30 days of battery life depending on your cat's activity
- Price: $119.00
- Shipping: $
Paw Tracker is a GPS pet tracker that works in most of North America, updates your pet’s location every minute, lets you easily define the safe zone for your pal, and has an impressive battery life.
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
*Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee and Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee
PetTracer is a cat tracker that combines GPS and radio-frequency tracking to monitor your pet’s location both outside and in your home. It comes with an integrated direction finder that functions even without GPS reception. It is lightweight and durable and the provided HomeStation can track up to 5 cats at the same time.
GPS Pet Tracker
PetTracer features a robust design that ensures durability even with the most adventurous of pets. The collar is made of hard plastic and comes with a customizable nylon strap, which makes PetTracer a one-size-fits-all unit. Its weight of 34g is balanced evenly through the collar, increasing comfort for your pet. The unit comes with built-in white LED lights that help you locate your cat in low-visibility conditions. It also features the auto-release functionality to prevent accidental suffocation.
PetTracer is a one-size-fits-all unit and its minimum circumference is 21.5cm (around 8.46”).
Suitable For Cats
PetTracer features a sturdy construction, which ensures durability and longevity. The ring is made of hard plastic and the adjustment strap is made of tough nylon. Replacements can be purchased separately if your pet manages to damage the strap. The official website also describes the unit as “weatherproof.”
Key Tracking Features
PetTracer includes the following tracking features:
- High-sensitivity GPS antenna, which enables you to monitor the current location of your pet through your personal PetTracer account. The digital map will show you his or her routes in the form of a line or heat signature;
- Radio-frequency direction finder, which is a rare piece of technology that allows you to track your cat indoors where GPS cannot access;
- If you are tracking multiple cats, their movements will be marked by different customizable colors.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PetTracer does not monitor pet activity.
PetTracer does not come with training assistance.
PetTracer does not come with any additional features.
PetTracer has a range of up to 1 mile, which is affected by the configuration of the terrain. The signal can be extended with additional HomeStations.
Up to 30 days
PetTracer does not feature a smartphone app.
PetTracer uses GPS to track your pet outside of your home and radio-frequency direction finder to monitor him or her indoors. The unit does not come with a smartphone app, but you can view the results through your personal account.
PetTracer does not rely on cellular networks, so it can function anywhere in the world if you have Wi-Fi access.
The PetTracer set (GPS collar + HomeStation) is sold for CHF 198.00. Individual collars cost CHF 119.00. Keep in mind that PetTracer requires a subscription. There are 2 options available: - BASIC (12 months - CHF 108.00; 24 months – CHF 192.00; 36 months – CHF 252.00; 48 months – CHF 288.00) - PetTracer Set or a single collar; - PLUS (12 months – CHF 216.00; 24 months – CHF 384.00; 36 months – CHF 504.00; 48 months – CHF 576.00) - Up to 5 cat collars.
Shipping and Delivery
PetTracer is currently only sold in the UK, Switzerland, and the European Union.
PetTracer falls under the Swiss refund rules, which regard refunds as a “goodwill action of the company.”
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for dogs and cats that works in most of North America, uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technologies for outdoor and indoor tracking, boasts an impressive battery life, provides instant notifications, and updates your pet’s location within 60 seconds.
GPS Pet Tracker
Paw Tracker tracking unit comes in the shape of a paw. You can opt for the gold, silver or blue version of the tracker. The unit is rather small and measures 47 mm in height by 50 mm in width by 15 mm in depth. You can attach it to your pet’s existing collar or harness by using the clip on the back of the device.
Paw Tracker does not come in different sizes. It fits collars and harnesses up to 1 inch wide and up to 1/4 of an inch thick.
Suitable For Cats
Paw Tracker is resistant to impact and water. It is designed to withstand rough play and different weather conditions. With normal use, it should last for at least several years.
Key Tracking Features
Paw Tracker allows you to keep track of your pet's location with:
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Paw Tracker does not monitor your pet's activity.
Paw Tracker does not provide training assistance.
In addition to the essential tracking features, Paw Tracker provides:
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Paw Tracker works over any distance within cellular coverage.
Up to 10 days in standby mode, up to 12 hours with the 1-minute interval for uploading GPS location
The Paw Tracker app is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices. It requires Android 3.0+ and iOS 8.0+. It provides instant alerts and a map for easy tracking and allows you to define and modify the safe zone, view your pet’s past locations, and remotely activate the LED lights on the tracking unit. Your friends and family can download the app and use your device’s ID number and password to log in and help you track your pet. Multiple users can track the same pet’s location at the same time. The app can be used for multiple pets. It is available free of charge.
Paw Tracker uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technology to track your pet's location. GPS and cellular networks are used to track your pet in the outdoors while WiFi networks and hotspots are used for indoor tracking.
Paw Tracker works in most areas of North America, including the US, Mexico, and Canada.
Device: $99.95 Service Plan: $9.95 per month with the monthly subscription and $8.33 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Paw Tracker can be shipped to the US, Mexico, and Canada. US deliveries come with free shipping, Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee while deliveries to Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee.
Paw Tracker comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The device can be returned for a refund if it has not been tested on a pet.
Paw Tracker comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By tony kelly on 11/17/2019This is my first time using a cat tracker and as far as im concerned its really good. the collar is light and slightly soft and can fir cats with small necks,mine is 1 year and 2 months old and fits him just right if i tighten the strap. nothing is perfect with gadgets and only thing it needs is an app which they said is due out next year,however it works find using their web portal and i saved link to homescreen on my smartphone. i had trouble setting it up at first and support messaged me via facebook messenger on a saturday afternoon and we sorted it all out. its very light and battery lasts ok not tested it fully yet and ive had it on fast all the time. it does the job and im happy knowing where my cat is all the time.only downside is the subscription your tied into for one year. at 12.99 monthly from,.,it sounds expensive.but thats ok. def worth it though
- Submitted By Ingrid 115 on 05/27/2019No app but you can look at the results on your account. The collar is not as sleek as it looked in the pictures but it works and does a decent job.
- Submitted By Mario Schwarz on 02/14/2019Ok tracker for the price I guess but nothing special.
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that provides great accuracy and reliability and features a rather attractive design. It allows you to track your pet in near real-time, regardless of the distance, and works throughout North America. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Paw Tracker review.