Paw Tracker VS Tagg
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Tagg and Paw Tracker may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Tagg vs. Paw Tracker comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Elegant & Accurate GPS Pet Tracker
GPS Pet Tracker Created By Pet Lovers
Tagg GPS pet tracker for cats and dogs provides essential location tracking and activity monitoring features and works throughout the US, over any distance within Verizon Wireless 1x coverage.
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
Paw Tracker is a GPS pet tracker that works in most of North America, updates your pet’s location every minute, lets you easily define the safe zone for your pal, and has an impressive battery life.
- Uses both GPS and WiFi for indoor and outdoor tracking
- Small, light, waterproof, and shockproof tracking device
- Comes with a 30-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0 *
*Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee and Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee
Tagg is a small and light GPS pet tracker and activity monitor characterized by high accuracy, a long battery life, nationwide coverage (US), and a virtually unlimited communication range.
GPS Pet Tracker
Tagg tracking unit features a watch-like curved design and is available in 2 color options: white-gray and light gray-gray. It measures 3.18’’ x 1.49’’ x 0.77’’ (HWD) and can be easily attached to virtually any collar with the use of a simple attachment clip and strap. The device comes with 2 attachment straps, one larger (gray) and one smaller (clear).
Tagg tracking unit comes in only 1 size. Included in the package are 2 attachment straps suitable for different collar sizes.
Suitable For Cats
Tagg tracking unit is resistant to water but not to impact. It is not easily damaged, but it is not the best fit for highly active pets that like to roughhouse. While the device can last for more than a year with proper use, malfunctions may arise in case of frequent bumps and scratches.
Key Tracking Features
The essential location tracking features available with Tagg GPS pet tracker include:
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
With Tagg GPS pet tracker, you can:
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
Tagg pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Tagg GPS pet tracker include:
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
Tagg can work over any distance within Verizon Wireless 1x coverage.
up to 7 days
Tagg GPS pet tracker comes with a free smartphone app compatible with iOS 10.0+ and Android 5.0+. The app is user-friendly and highly functional. It lets you create a digital profile for your pet, actively track your pal via an interactive map, view your pet’s past location, access daily and weekly activity stats, check battery status, and share your pet’s activity and location information with friends and family.
Tagg relies on GPS and Verizon wireless network for active tracking and communication. It uses radio signals for communication between the base station and the tracker.
Tagg works throughout the US, including the 48 continental states, Hawaii, and parts of Alaska.
White: $120; Gray: $118; Service plan: $7.95 per month
Shipping and Delivery
Tagg comes with free shipping throughout the US.
Tagg comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the device, you can return it within 90 days and receive a full refund.
Tagg does not come with a warranty.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for dogs and cats that works in most of North America, uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technologies for outdoor and indoor tracking, boasts an impressive battery life, provides instant notifications, and updates your pet’s location within 60 seconds.
GPS Pet Tracker
Paw Tracker tracking unit comes in the shape of a paw. You can opt for the gold, silver or blue version of the tracker. The unit is rather small and measures 47 mm in height by 50 mm in width by 15 mm in depth. You can attach it to your pet’s existing collar or harness by using the clip on the back of the device.
Paw Tracker does not come in different sizes. It fits collars and harnesses up to 1 inch wide and up to 1/4 of an inch thick.
Suitable For Cats
Paw Tracker is resistant to impact and water. It is designed to withstand rough play and different weather conditions. With normal use, it should last for at least several years.
Key Tracking Features
Paw Tracker allows you to keep track of your pet's location with:
- Near real-time tracking, with your pet’s location information updated every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 60 minutes or 12 hours, depending on your preferences, and instant alerts sent when your pet leave the safe zone;
- Interactive map, which enables you to view your pet’s current location and the distance between you and your pet, with three viewing modes available, focusing on your location, your pet’s location, and both your and your pet’s location;
- Geofrence, which allows you to define the size and location of the safe zone for your pet;
- Historical route, which lets you view your pet’s past locations during a given 24-hour period;
- Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location information with your friends and family.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Paw Tracker does not monitor your pet's activity.
Paw Tracker does not provide training assistance.
In addition to the essential tracking features, Paw Tracker provides:
- Battery status and alerts, allowing you to view the device’s current battery level from within the app and receive a notification when the battery is low and needs to be charged.
Paw Tracker works over any distance within cellular coverage.
Up to 10 days in standby mode, up to 12 hours with the 1-minute interval for uploading GPS location
The Paw Tracker app is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices. It requires Android 3.0+ and iOS 8.0+. It provides instant alerts and a map for easy tracking and allows you to define and modify the safe zone, view your pet’s past locations, and remotely activate the LED lights on the tracking unit. Your friends and family can download the app and use your device’s ID number and password to log in and help you track your pet. Multiple users can track the same pet’s location at the same time. The app can be used for multiple pets. It is available free of charge.
Paw Tracker uses GPS, cellular, and WiFi technology to track your pet's location. GPS and cellular networks are used to track your pet in the outdoors while WiFi networks and hotspots are used for indoor tracking.
Paw Tracker works in most areas of North America, including the US, Mexico, and Canada.
Device: $99.95 Service Plan: $9.95 per month with the monthly subscription and $8.33 per month with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Paw Tracker can be shipped to the US, Mexico, and Canada. US deliveries come with free shipping, Mexico deliveries come with a $14.95 shipping fee while deliveries to Canada come with a $9.95 shipping fee.
Paw Tracker comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The device can be returned for a refund if it has not been tested on a pet.
Paw Tracker comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
- Submitted By Felix Love on 12/02/2019I’m just thrilled this app works the way it does because I have a clear picture of my cat’s location and it is so easy to understand and read. It works on both my and my girlfriend’s phone and one time we were able to find where she was hiding by using the app. It makes our lives so much easier knowing where she’s at and she isn’t hurt or something.
- Submitted By Yusha Case on 09/20/2019It is great that this tracker has one regular and spear battery so you can charge on while you are using the other. That way your cat is constantly monitored and there’s no way you can lose her. My cat likes to wander around the neighborhood which is a typical cat behavior but sometimes she’s missing for days at time and I get really scared but now I can track her and see where she hang out while away and it is enough for me to know that she’s ok.
- Submitted By Earl Bannister on 08/14/2019I bought this tracker for my dog who is a maltese just because it is so light and I know it won’t bother him because it doesn’t bother my friend’s cat. And quite honestly I’m very pleased. It almost works as that hot and cold game where someone tells you if you are getting closer and warmer of further and colder. This happens if you can’t see your dog and you don’t know where he is because he decided to ignore your calls so there’s a feature that allows you to see in percentage how far away or close your dog is.
- Submitted By Milosz Baird on 07/05/2019I used this tracker to see what my cat simon was doing while I was working because it tracks his movements and tells me where he hangs out while I’m not looking and it turned out it is literally everywhere in the house like everyhere but mostly on the kitchen counter and near the sink which to be honest I did expect from him knowing he’s a sneaky cat who likes to do things he’s not allowed. Like if I forbid him to go somewhere and I usually have to get up and take him down he’ll be back the second I sit down again. And he can do it on repeat.
Paw Tracker is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that provides great accuracy and reliability and features a rather attractive design. It allows you to track your pet in near real-time, regardless of the distance, and works throughout North America. Discover how this pet tracker works, what it offers, and how much it costs in our Paw Tracker review.