This detailed FitBark 2 vs. Pawscout comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust FitBark 2 or Pawscout with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
- Price: $69.95
- Shipping: $
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Barb on 05/16/2019I was really excited to try Fitbark 2 and see the results, but I discovered the wire ties that attach the device to their collar are very cheap. With in 3 days, the device fell off my dog. I did not realize it fell off until the device shot out of my mower. Sadly the device was not salvageable. I would recommend purchasing strong wire ties to attach the device to your dogs collar. Especially if your dog is very active.
- Submitted By Lyle Bonnard on 01/22/2019Works well but the range is way too short and any physical obstacle that gets in the way will cut you off.
- Submitted By Jenna White on 10/28/2018The little bone is soooo cute and my tiny fella doesn’t even notice it on his collar.
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
Pawscout smart tag is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that boasts a great communication range and battery life. It allows you to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts when he or she is within range and locate your missing pal with the help of other Pawscout users. Learn more about how this pet tracker works in our comprehensive Pawscout review.