Pawscout VS Invoxia Pet Tracker
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Invoxia Pet Tracker and Pawscout are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Invoxia Pet Tracker vs. Pawscout review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
GPS pet tracker with superb autonomy
Inexpensive Community- Powered Pet Tracker
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker for dogs and cats. Relying on low-power networks, it allows you to easily monitor your pet’s movements and activity.
- Small & lightweight; waterproof & shockproof
- Virtual fences for keeping your pet in a safe zone
- Track your pet’s activities over any time period
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
Pawscout is a Bluetooth pet tracker that lets you track your pet within a range of 300 feet, get an alert if he or she is out of range, and locate your wandering pal with the help of other Pawscout users.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
Invoxia pet tracker is an innovative GPS tracker with a good battery life that offers location tracking and activity monitoring features. Being lightweight, it is suitable for both cats and dogs. Its communication range is virtually unlimited. The device relies on GPS, Wi-Fi, and low-power networks. The maximum frequency of location updates is 2 minutes. Users can set up safety zones with a customizable radius. The device enables users to monitor their pets' daily activity levels.
GPS Pet Tracker
Invoxia pet tracker is a small device in the shape of a cuboid with rounded edges. The tracker is available only in black. It weighs just 15 grams (0.52 oz.). It has a length of 42 mm (1.65 inches), a width of 24 mm (0,94 inches), and a thickness of 17 mm (0,67 inches). The device is made of high-quality plastic.
Invoxia pet tracker does not come in different sizes, but it fits almost any collar.
Suitable For Cats
Invoxia pet tracker features an IP67 rating, which means it will remain functional after being submerged up to one meter (3.2 feet) underwater for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
Location tracking features available with Invoxia pet tracker include:
- GPS location tracking with a virtually unlimited communication range;
- Four modes for updating location information, the fastest being once every two minutes;
- Location history, which allows you to observe your pet’s movements over the period of your choice;
- Geofencing, which allows you to set up multiple stationary safety zones with a customizable radius.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Invoxia pet tracker allows its users to track their pets’ activity levels during the period they choose (day, week, month or year). They can get daily reports on their pets’ activity and rest time. The device enables owners to see the length of their pets’ walks. Users can also monitor the sleep quality of their pets.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide training assistance.
Invoxia pet tracker does not provide additional features.
Virtually unlimited communication range within the low-power network coverage
15 grams (0.52 oz.)
From several days to several months depending on usage (rechargeable battery)
The Invoxia GPS app allows users to monitor their pets' location. The app stores movement history. Users can set up customizable safety zones for geofencing, monitor their pets’ activity, get daily reports on activity and rest, and see the distance traveled.
Invoxia pet tracker relies on GPS and Wi-Fi to determine the pet’s location. It uses low-power networks to send information to the user’s smartphone.
The worldwide coverage that Invoxia pet tracker provides depends on the availability of low-power networks. The device uses LoRa low-power network in France. Invoxia relies on Sigfox low-power network in other countries where the product is currently sold. Sigfox network is available in the USA and in most of Europe - but with severe limitations in coverage and signal quality.
Invoxia pet tracker costs 119 euros on the manufacturer’s website. It comes with a 3-year subscription to the low-consumption network. After the first three years, access to the service in Europe costs 9.99 EUR per year, equating to 0.83 EUR per month.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping time and costs depend on location.
If buyers are not fully satisfied with Inovxia pet tracker, they may send it back for a full refund within 14 working days of purchase.
Invoxia pet tracker comes with a one-year warranty and lifetime support.
Pawscout is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker with great battery life that allows you to keep track of your pet’s location within a range of 300 feet. It relies on its fast-growing user community to help you locate your pet when he or she is out of range.
Bluetooth Pet Tracker
Pawscout comes in the form of a small tag attached to your pet’s collar. The tag is attached using a circular hanging mount (standard) or flush mount (better for small pets and pets who like to roughhouse). It is round, black, and roughly the size of a silver dollar (1.6’’ x 2.0’’ x 0.4’’). It comes with a black nameplate, but you can replace the original nameplate with any of around 2 dozen custom ones available for purchase in the Pawscout online store.
Pawscout does not come in different sizes, but it fits virtually all collars.
Suitable For Cats
Pawscout is an inexpensive pet tracker that is resistant to water but not to impact. It may last for a year or more if your pet is not prone to rough play. Slight damages are to be expected if your pet is highly active.
Key Tracking Features
The essential location tracking features available with Pawscout include:
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Pawscout does not monitor pet activity.
Pawscout does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Pawscout include:
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
300 feet in all directions (600 feet in radius)
about the same as a quarter (around 0.2 oz.)
6-12 months (disposable, not rechargeable)
The Pawscout smartphone app is available free of charge. It is compatible with the latest versions of iOS and Android. It allows you to track your pet’s location with a handy interactive map, set up a Virtual Leash safe zone, track your pet’s daily walks, view a coverage map showing other Pawscout users in your area, and discover nearby pet-friendly locations. It lets you report your pet as lost and report another user’s lost pet as found. You can share your pet's location with an unlimited number of friends and they do not have to possess Pawscout tags in order to use the Pawscout app.
Pawscout exclusively relies on Bluetooth.
Pawscout can be bought and used in the US and Canada. It can work anywhere, but since it is a community-powered tracking solution, its usefulness is severely limited in other countries with few/no Pawscout users.
Smart tag: $19.95; Custom nameplate: $9.95
Shipping and Delivery
Pawscout can be shipped throughout the US and Canada. Shipping costs amount to $2.95 for US orders and $9.95 for Canada orders. Custom nameplates are shipped free of charge.
If you are not happy with Pawscout, you can return it within 30 days and receive a replacement or a refund.
Pawscout smart pet tag does not come with a warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alice Peri on 03/08/2019Great battery life, very convenient to use. The app could be better. Not bad in general but could be better.
- Submitted By Brenda Noble on 01/20/2019Good concept, but the implementation could be better. My major issue with this product is that it is not accurate enough. I hope they will work it out.
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
Pawscout smart tag is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that boasts a great communication range and battery life. It allows you to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts when he or she is within range and locate your missing pal with the help of other Pawscout users. Learn more about how this pet tracker works in our comprehensive Pawscout review.